Play Nice Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 7 - Prosperity Theology, The Coal Man + His Bootlickers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon?
He did what?
Like the country itself, Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are diverse, they’re unique and they connect us through time. And here in our capital, home of the Ngunnawal people, the home of a free, democratic people, the most successful multicultural and multi-faith nation on earth.

We also honour the men and women past and present who secured and now protect our freedoms by serving in the Australian defence forces.

And we acknowledge them, those who have pledged themselves to duty, service and sacrifice, and we say to them thank you for your service. And there are many others who are wearing uniforms, serving on the front lines of the pandemic – our health workers, those who are working in emergency services and manning Covid clinics, those indeed from the St John’s Ambulance and many other places doing what they do every

Yesterday's media pile-on was just the culmination of 12 months of it from the Murdoch slime pool, especially from Planet Janet Albrechtsen and her ilk.

I noticed even RWNJ and convicted domestic abuser Avi Yemini joined in the pile on last night and called her graceless.

Scott also said Jenny and his daughters made him realise the gravity of the Higgins allegations and the culture of parliament.

Apparently worse than historical rape allegations against the former leader of the party.
You admire a man who needs his wife and 9 and 11 year old daughters to remind him about the gravity of rape?

Some great discussions they must have around their dinner table.

You admire a man who needs his wife and 9 and 11 year old daughters to remind him about the gravity of rape?

I have an image of 4x stable tables in front of the Tele for this family.

The purpose of the post was not to praise the PMs comments, it was that his (poorly constructed and ill thought) comment garnered so much attention and rage from partisan activists who remained silent on much more serious matters.

If anyone thinks that by voting Labor or Greens at the next election you are choosing a party without a history of sexual assault then your are choosing to be selective in the way you view the world.

I do not particularly admire Scott Morrison. I despise the identity politics being played by the left and it actually isn't working.

Good to see Scott keeping his family out of politics by reading poem by his f***ing daughter in his speech.
Imo Australia Day should be virtually politician free. Howard started this s**t. Same as Anzac Day. Turned a solem day into a day of bogans getting pissed, wrapping themselves in the flag and carrying on like *******s to anyone that’s not white. Imo at best have a presenter and the previous winner presents the AOTY awards. Just like the Brownlow.

The purpose of the post was not to praise the PMs comments, it was that his (poorly constructed and ill thought) comment garnered so much attention and rage from partisan activists who remained silent on much more serious matters.

If anyone thinks that by voting Labor or Greens at the next election you are choosing a party without a history of sexual assault then your are choosing to be selective in the way you view the world.

I do not particularly admire Scott Morrison. I despise the identity politics being played by the left and it actually isn't working.
Stop deflecting. He required children & his wife to explain how terrible & long lasting rape has on a person. It’s 2022 not 1952 ffs. If someone raped you how would you feel if our pm required other people let alone children to explain how the effects of rape has on a person because he doesn’t have the empathy to understand how you may feel and how it may effect your life? Cumon your a better person than that. Don’t make up excuses for him or try to shift the issue to another political party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop deflecting. He required children & his wife to explain how terrible & long lasting rape has on a person. It’s 2022 not 1952 ffs. If someone raped you how would you feel if our pm required other people let alone children to explain how the effects of rape has on a person because he doesn’t have the empathy to understand how you may feel and how it may effect your life? Cumon your a better person than that. Don’t make up excuses for him or try to shift the issue to another political party.
I agree with all of that, I also understand the outrage, I just don't think it should be partisan and selective.

Surely even most swing voters know who she is and her history and why she reacts that way?
Sadly, I think there is still a large proportion of older people, especially men who genuinely believe that she should have hidden her true feelings for manners sake. And, that she should have done so because she is a woman and he is a man.

I agree with all of that, I also understand the outrage, I just don't think it should be partisan and selective.
No your trying to move this to politics. It’s not plain and simple. It’s the story of a child who was raped. It wouldn’t be acceptable for a school principal to act the way Morrison has acted in this situation over the last year or so. So should we think any different just because he’s a prime minister or a politician. Do you think he gets a free pass because of this?

And don’t come back with the but Labor bs or but greens bs.

Sadly, I think there is still a large proportion of older people, especially men who genuinely believe that she should have hidden her true feelings for manners sake. And, that she should have done so because she is a woman and he is a man.

I'm not sure what your definition of older is, but i'd like to remind people that it is relatively young men who are doing the raping...

I'm not sure what your definition of older is, but i'd like to remind people that it is relatively young men who are doing the raping...
?

WTF

In the year 2021, the year that GT was AOTY, Scott Morrison has done this for women and sexual assault victims:

Ignored recommendations from the Respect@work report
Told them they should be thankful they're not being shot at
Lied on the floor of parliament about the date he became aware of the alleged rape of Brittany Higgins
Failed to reprimand a minister that called an alleged rape victim a "lying cow"
Turns his back and ignores female mp's speeches

But he should be respected! But layhbah!

* off.

So you think about them every morning?
With house and rent prices going through the roof, the space in its head is still relatively cheap.
Just on the Grace Tame photo thing - I'll be honest, as much as I can't stand Morrison, it doesn't quite sit well with me. She obviously knew she was going to meet the PM and her reactions would be widely broadcast. It does seem a bit like opportunism. I understand that its probably part her role now, to front up and stand up. But if you're watching that clip with no context (like a swing voter) my guess is they won't perceive it favourably.
Or they wonder what that was about and do a little research to understand the context and bring awareness to her cause
I don’t support any sex offenders.
You play defence
Lnp back pocket, yeah?

No your trying to move this to politics. It’s not plain and simple. It’s the story of a child who was raped. It wouldn’t be acceptable for a school principal to act the way Morrison has acted in this situation over the last year or so. So should we think any different just because he’s a prime minister or a politician. Do you think he gets a free pass because of this?

And don’t come back with the but Labor bs or but greens bs.
The side eye as the cameras started flashing was preprepared.

She moved it to politics, which is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back