Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 13 - Coney Island Warriors vs Sin City Swamprats at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
3s5RJDQ.png

570203_be8f3e815cfc3fa6b9d7f5ad797fb566.png
570206_5b9c32c79d3a4e1fb858e163dec95e24.png

Season 26 Round 13
Coney Island Warriors vs Sin City Swamprats

The Wazzas are in second position on the table, this is good. Really good. I wish the Wonders were that high. But the Wazzas lately have been bad, really bad. They have been Dragons bad these last 5 games, with both teams 1W 4L the last 5 weeks. Luckily, early season form means it's not a crisis.....yet. These Coney Island folk will take great heart from the fact they emerged victorious in the corresponding R2 away fixture, good form for this.

gn-gift_guide_variable_c.jpg

Coney Island has a Wonder Wheel.....little known fact, haydo paid for it

The Swamprats have had a funny old season. Two weeks ago it was crisis central. After ShaunDuggan crossed to the Wonders in the off season, league legend Dingster jumped ship in the same direction just a few short weeks ago. They were 3-7, all looked completely scheizenhausen. It's amazing what a couple of wins can do for a team. Last weeks thrilling 2 point win will have the place jumping. But at 5-7, they need to keep winning, it keeps them right in the conversation. And they are a bunch of talkers, we know that.

Swamp.png
BRAB's explosive unauthorised biography of the Swamprats Captain should be out this week

Players to Watch
For the Warriors, is there anything better than a power forward in full flight? No. BigJoeD_ to kick 8 snags is my prediction.
Tipping candiehappy to again piss off the umpires and give away too many frees

For the Swamprats, look for philreich to tell way too many bad jokes (which I love)
and impressive rookie Kirkswan will want to bounce back from the two possession game of last week

Prediction
An important game for both sides, but I think the Swamprats want it more, they NEED it more. Desperation to be the difference.
Swamprats by 38 points

Captains, please post your official teamsheet by 11:59pm AEDT Thursday.

Cheers to Barrybran for the header.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like you blew your load too early, Warriors. Good news is that 8 wins should get you into finals, so you can sit back and watch the Rats blow by

Looks like you blew your load too early, Warriors. Good news is that 8 wins should get you into finals, so you can sit back and watch the Rats blow by

Something on your mind?

Watching the Rats blow is pretty much normal transmission from anywhere on the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back