Official Match Thread Season 27 Round 1: Sin City Swamprats vs Roys FFC @ Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Fatty Lumpkin Medal

While it’s been a pleasure sparring with all of the Roys, and I’d like to acknowledge the contributions of JackNah_8 and TedDougChris one true gentleman stood head and shoulders above the rest for the fun, friendliness and humour he brought to the week.

The Rats are pleased to announce that the winner of the Fatty Lumpkin medal is Mobbs
Very well deserved Mobbs - you're a champ, mate.

Fatty Lumpkin Medal

While it’s been a pleasure sparring with all of the Roys, and I’d like to acknowledge the contributions of JackNah_8 and TedDougChris one true gentleman stood head and shoulders above the rest for the fun, friendliness and humour he brought to the week.

The Rats are pleased to announce that the winner of the Fatty Lumpkin medal is Mobbs
Congratulations, Mobbs. Well deserved.

Fatty Lumpkin Medal

Hell, genuinely chuffed! Thanks Far Kern and the Swampies crowd. This was a very fun thread! A humming pace but not because of endless garbage. The Roys and the Swampies have been old foes for many, many seasons now and we always put our clashes up on a pedestal as a special, enjoyable time. I think our attitudes kind of click.

Welcome to the fun, SparkleNarkle , thanks for the jokes philreich , and you are a born team leader Far Kern . Keep doing what you're doing and your team will continue to be the fun, vibrant community we had the pleasure of spending time with this week. Ant Bear I'm just pissed off you've already stopped making your own gifs! You were so excited about it last time ;) edgie, thanks for spanking me today, it was kind of erotic. And all the Rats, thanks again.

We had a good crowd in from the Roys, too, almost every named player turned up ... and we got one who wasn't even selected to chip in as well :D TedDougChris you are proving to be invaluable at the club, welcome JackNah_8 and I hope you enjoyed your first game with us, you seemed to be quite chatty so I'm guessing you did. And our lovable skipper fitzroybowiedog has again proven a professional yet approachable leader who has absolutely hurled us onwards and forwards into a pure bliss of fun and entertainment.

Spewing a bit about losing the game, and having a pretty crappy match myself, but it's so early in the season and Sweet FA finals series never start to form until much later in the season, it's very topsy turvey park so there's no real disaster. It was a close match and we were kind of thereabouts, but not there.

On the great man Fatty Lumpkin, he carried our posting one early season, almost alone. That's some dedication. He also used to spam us with NEAFL matches because he wanted to push interest in it. When I came back from the USA 10 years ago to live in Brissy, we'd message each other a little and he wanted to catch up with me at a NT v Bris Res match (he was behind NT and I didn't follow anybody). Unfortunately due to the wife's illness I could never get out to these events and sadly never met him in person. As we both dealt with illness we talked about it a lot, and he had an absolutely amazing attitude. He was also a very mature listener and helped shore up my own nerves against stress on many occasion.

Apparently from Adelaide originally I think, he was associated with a local suburban footy club there (I can't remember which and maybe for purposes of his person identity privacy I won't go look it up) and from what I could tell, he was a treasure at the club.

So this really is an accolade I am very proud to flaunt!

Now I hope fbd awards the other half to Dingster ... or that retired guy The Half Back :D

Hell, genuinely chuffed! Thanks Far Kern and the Swampies crowd. This was a very fun thread! A humming pace but not because of endless garbage. The Roys and the Swampies have been old foes for many, many seasons now and we always put our clashes up on a pedestal as a special, enjoyable time. I think our attitudes kind of click.

Welcome to the fun, SparkleNarkle , thanks for the jokes philreich , and you are a born team leader Far Kern . Keep doing what you're doing and your team will continue to be the fun, vibrant community we had the pleasure of spending time with this week. Ant Bear I'm just pissed off you've already stopped making your own gifs! You were so excited about it last time ;) edgie, thanks for spanking me today, it was kind of erotic. And all the Rats, thanks again.

We had a good crowd in from the Roys, too, almost every named player turned up ... and we got one who wasn't even selected to chip in as well :D TedDougChris you are proving to be invaluable at the club, welcome JackNah_8 and I hope you enjoyed your first game with us, you seemed to be quite chatty so I'm guessing you did. And our lovable skipper fitzroybowiedog has again proven a professional yet approachable leader who has absolutely hurled us onwards and forwards into a pure bliss of fun and entertainment.

Spewing a bit about losing the game, and having a pretty crappy match myself, but it's so early in the season and Sweet FA finals series never start to form until much later in the season, it's very topsy turvey park so there's no real disaster. It was a close match and we were kind of thereabouts, but not there.

On the great man Fatty Lumpkin, he carried our posting one early season, almost alone. That's some dedication. He also used to spam us with NEAFL matches because he wanted to push interest in it. When I came back from the USA 10 years ago to live in Brissy, we'd message each other a little and he wanted to catch up with me at a NT v Bris Res match (he was behind NT and I didn't follow anybody). Unfortunately due to the wife's illness I could never get out to these events and sadly never met him in person. As we both dealt with illness we talked about it a lot, and he had an absolutely amazing attitude. He was also a very mature listener and helped shore up my own nerves against stress on many occasion.

Apparently from Adelaide originally I think, he was associated with a local suburban footy club there (I can't remember which and maybe for purposes of his person identity privacy I won't go look it up) and from what I could tell, he was a treasure at the club.

So this really is an accolade I am very proud to flaunt!

Now I hope fbd awards the other half to Dingster ... or that retired guy The Half Back :D
OI! You've played at least double the amount of games I have ya *ing campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SparkleNarkle having a heart attack right about now...

Two wins in a day for you it seems. And your first goal for the Rats in the bag.

Thanks Far Kern and everyone else for their well-wishes, glad to kick a snag in my first Swamprats match. And two wins in one day, awesome!

Thanks Roys for the great week, the banter has been great fun. Looking forward to our next match-up!

Hmm what kind of accessories are we talking about here ;)
Leather ones! :)
Its a bit like the age old question ..... which hurts more, giving birth or a kick in the nurries. Well, after a period of time, many women suggest having another child, though I am pretty certain that no man has ever asked to be kicked in the nuts again.
Seriously? When your pain exceeds 12 hours getting worse all the time, and then you're stretched to the point that your skin RIPS!!! then come and talk to me....

PS Yes I know the game is over, but I'm only up to page 46, so for me it hasn't been played yet! :p

Thanks Roys! Great week with you guys!

Swampies!!! Woohoo!

Oh and Matt_352 did you catch this mate? Better luck next time!
  • In quite a tussle, Kirkswan came out tops over the brave Matt_352. - 69m from 7 to 76.

We couldn't do it. We tried. We tried hard. But we failed. Swamprats were strong. Congratulations Sin City, a good win, and putting a curse to rest as well.

Maybe we'll have less slumps this season if we start with a big one and get it out of a system. Although I know from experience that never happens.

ZtBT31h.gif

Great game by Mooch ! lmao :D

See you again later in the season. I'd wish you good luck but I need you to be s**t now.
Er .... is there a game on today?

Leather ones! :)

Seriously? When your pain exceeds 12 hours getting worse all the time, and then you're stretched to the point that your skin RIPS!!! then come and talk to me....

PS Yes I know the game is over, but I'm only up to page 46, so for me it hasn't been played yet! :p
What kind of leather ones :p
Thanks Roys! Great week with you guys!

Swampies!!! Woohoo!

Oh and Matt_352 did you catch this mate? Better luck next time!
  • In quite a tussle, Kirkswan came out tops over the brave Matt_352. - 69m from 7 to 76.
Yeah yeah well done, I'll win the matchup next time.

Thanks for the week Rats and congrats on the win.

Fatty Lumpkin Medal

As the dust settles over the match it's time for me to wipe off the muck and do my captainly duties.
Coming up against the rats is fast becoming a highlight of the Roy season, banter is always fierce and friendly and although the match ends with one of us with our backsides firmly planted in the dirt the other always extends a warm beer filled hand.

The battle was another great tete-a-tete. Far Kern was distinguished as the Rats leader, Ant Bear and Power Raid liked everything and whipper snappers SarahSmiles GotTheGoodes and Kirkswan got amongst it with aplomb.

but there can only be in winner. philreich the everywhere rat. Bad jokes and better banter. Philr is an impressive poster and leader always on the front lines cutting a path through the opposition with his sharp tongue. And this week was no different.

the Roys recipient of the Fatty Lumpkin medal is philreich

Remove this Banner Ad

Back