Official Match Thread Season 28 Rd 12 - Roys FFC vs West Coast Wonders at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

T4DBJBd.png

Roys FFC v West Coast Wonders
at Brunswick Junction Oval

The 4th placed Roys host the 8th placed Wonders, coming off an unexpected loss after going down against the plucky Las Vegas Bears by 31 points at home. The Roys are battling to maintain their grip on a top four spot after starting the season in outstanding form, and will be seeking a win this weekend to keep the Dragons (5th) & Warriors (6th) at bay. A heavy tackling, low possession team, the Roys make the most of ball in hand, and when they don't have it, they hunt it down.

While their opponents the Wonders head into the match coming off a 19 point loss in a high scoring shootout against the reigning premier Rats, yet still managed to jump up a spot into 8th position due to the Bears' teamsheet penalty. 3rd overall for scoring int he competition, the #1 ranked kicking team like to maintain possession and hit up their teammates with their precision kicking game, seeing them ranked 2nd in the comp for possessions. They'll be looking to hurt the Roys on the spread with their patient, methodical ball use.

6C5eXyo.png

U2tigers v JackNah_8

fumbler running mate and teammate in S28, JackNah_8 has been a revelation in the ruck for the Roys in Season 28. Currently sitting 8th in the comp for hitouts, with 9.5 per game, Jacknah_8 has given the Roys a strong body in the contest throughout the season, and will be called upon heading into the finals to take on some of the premier rucks in the competition.

Speaking of the premier ruck in the competition, U2tigers is also a ruckman. Currently third for hitouts in the SFA with 12.7 per game, Bono is also sitting firmly in the upper echelon of the competition in Season 28, with an impressive 88.2 DT points per game, seeing him sit at #2 overall. This battle will go a long way to deciding the outcome given the way both sides like to play their qooty.

Father of qooty and HOFer Mobbs is having another fine season down back for the Roys, coming off an All-SFA Centre Half Back berth in S27. One of the great clubmen across the competition, Mobbs is a huge presence around BJO and has been a great support to rookie skipper TedDougChris in Season 28. Part of the 7th best ranked defence in the comp, not many forwards get a hold of Mobbs even on his worst day.

Wonders veteran and fellow HOFer ClarkeM will be hoping that is on Sunday, as the two look set to go head to head in a veteran battle for the ages. Lining up at Centre Half Forward for the Wonders in S28, in a mixed season, the outspoken, eclectic Clarkey sits 29th overall in the FRED, with a handy 14 goals going at 2.4 goals per game. While Clarkey is usually wearing Mobbs like a glove, the tables will be turned on Sunday, with Mobbs likely to play a close checking role on the Wonders forward.

Long time Roys Full Forward Mooch is having another stellar season as the spearhead for the good old Roys, and is looking like challenging for a return to the All-SFA side this season after missing out in S27. Having booted 47 majors and sitting at #2 on the leaderboard behind a rampaging Its Manbearpig, the Roys big man is expected to have a major say in the outcome of this clash, going toe to toe with Wonders veteran dogs105 .

He will be going head to head with young Wonders Full Forward, S26 rookie Sab22, who is enjoying a strong season up front in his third SFA season after doing an apprenticeship in his first couple seasons under veteran forward okeydoke7. Having assumed the mantle of #1 forward at the Wonders, he's enjoyed a breakout season on the qooty field, currently sitting 10th in the FRED race, averaging 2.3 goals per game. Will be looking for quality supply from the much vaunted Wonders midfield.

LAST 3 MATCHES

Roys 2
Wonders 1

S28 Round Two

West Coast Wonders 14.14 (98) lost to Roys FFC 15.13 (103)

S27 Round Seven
West Coast Wonders 11.4 (70) lost to Roys FFC 12.10 (82)

S26 Rd 11
West Coast Wonders 14.10 (94) defeated Roys FFC 11.14 (80)

PREDICTION

Roys by 17 points

TEAMSHEET REMINDER

Don't worry, Ant Bear will PM you.​

You forgot to mention I started FF like 4 weeks ago
T4DBJBd.png

Roys FFC v West Coast Wonders
at Brunswick Junction Oval

The 4th placed Roys host the 8th placed Wonders, coming off an unexpected loss after going down against the plucky Las Vegas Bears by 31 points at home. The Roys are battling to maintain their grip on a top four spot after starting the season in outstanding form, and will be seeking a win this weekend to keep the Dragons (5th) & Warriors (6th) at bay. A heavy tackling, low possession team, the Roys make the most of ball in hand, and when they don't have it, they hunt it down.

While their opponents the Wonders head into the match coming off a 19 point loss in a high scoring shootout against the reigning premier Rats, yet still managed to jump up a spot into 8th position due to the Bears' teamsheet penalty. 3rd overall for scoring int he competition, the #1 ranked kicking team like to maintain possession and hit up their teammates with their precision kicking game, seeing them ranked 2nd in the comp for possessions. They'll be looking to hurt the Roys on the spread with their patient, methodical ball use.

6C5eXyo.png

U2tigers v JackNah_8

fumbler running mate and teammate in S28, JackNah_8 has been a revelation in the ruck for the Roys in Season 28. Currently sitting 8th in the comp for hitouts, with 9.5 per game, Jacknah_8 has given the Roys a strong body in the contest throughout the season, and will be called upon heading into the finals to take on some of the premier rucks in the competition.

Speaking of the premier ruck in the competition, U2tigers is also a ruckman. Currently third for hitouts in the SFA with 12.7 per game, Bono is also sitting firmly in the upper echelon of the competition in Season 28, with an impressive 88.2 DT points per game, seeing him sit at #2 overall. This battle will go a long way to deciding the outcome given the way both sides like to play their qooty.

Father of qooty and HOFer Mobbs is having another fine season down back for the Roys, coming off an All-SFA Centre Half Back berth in S27. One of the great clubmen across the competition, Mobbs is a huge presence around BJO and has been a great support to rookie skipper TedDougChris in Season 28. Part of the 7th best ranked defence in the comp, not many forwards get a hold of Mobbs even on his worst day.

Wonders veteran and fellow HOFer ClarkeM will be hoping that is on Sunday, as the two look set to go head to head in a veteran battle for the ages. Lining up at Centre Half Forward for the Wonders in S28, in a mixed season, the outspoken, eclectic Clarkey sits 29th overall in the FRED, with a handy 14 goals going at 2.4 goals per game. While Clarkey is usually wearing Mobbs like a glove, the tables will be turned on Sunday, with Mobbs likely to play a close checking role on the Wonders forward.

Long time Roys Full Forward Mooch is having another stellar season as the spearhead for the good old Roys, and is looking like challenging for a return to the All-SFA side this season after missing out in S27. Having booted 47 majors and sitting at #2 on the leaderboard behind a rampaging Its Manbearpig, the Roys big man is expected to have a major say in the outcome of this clash, going toe to toe with Wonders veteran dogs105 .

He will be going head to head with young Wonders Full Forward, S26 rookie Sab22, who is enjoying a strong season up front in his third SFA season after doing an apprenticeship in his first couple seasons under veteran forward okeydoke7. Having assumed the mantle of #1 forward at the Wonders, he's enjoyed a breakout season on the qooty field, currently sitting 10th in the FRED race, averaging 2.3 goals per game. Will be looking for quality supply from the much vaunted Wonders midfield.

LAST 3 MATCHES

Roys 2
Wonders 1

S28 Round Two

West Coast Wonders 14.14 (98) lost to Roys FFC 15.13 (103)

S27 Round Seven
West Coast Wonders 11.4 (70) lost to Roys FFC 12.10 (82)

S26 Rd 11
West Coast Wonders 14.10 (94) defeated Roys FFC 11.14 (80)

PREDICTION

Roys by 17 points

TEAMSHEET REMINDER

Don't worry, Ant Bear will PM you.​

You don't have to dickhead. Just worry about yourself. We'll make a sporting declaration and give you something to chase.

Love it when you try to be manly and take charge with your helium voice.

Grrr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I need a new av.

All applications considered. Think brunchy thoughts though.

If one of sufficient quality appears this week, I will run with it.

Remember my previous av's have included Townes Van Zandt, Tim Rogers, Bob Dylan. There's your wheelhouse you need to work in.
TYIA

I don't have to ry and be manly. I'm a fat, bald middle aged male.

I'm being grumpy and dismissive, which is my natural state.

I’ve seen the pics mate, you’re hot in bike pants.

I need a new av.

All applications considered. Think brunchy thoughts though.

If one of sufficient quality appears this week, I will run with it.

Remember my previous av's have included Townes Van Zandt, Tim Rogers, Bob Dylan. There's your wheelhouse you need to work in.
TYIA

AA2BB2E8-8437-48D2-8EDF-5D56023C8A4E.jpeg

No it's sitting beside me. But the cover's being pushed off by something inside it. Battery expanding? Does this mean I need a new phone?

Or a new battery !! I believe they do expand from time to time, not normally a good sign...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back