Official Match Thread Season 34 Round 4- Coney Island Warriors vs Gold City Royals at Van Cordlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends on which season. #1 was a bit of an ordeal.

I'm watching Season 4 of What we do in the Shadows.
Ooh I saw that was back.

Anywho im watching blackadder.

Is this rubbish or am i wrong.

If you're watching S1 then it is difficult but Season 2 onwards is brilliant.

Mrs cakeeater goes s1-3 isnt you.

So shes starting me on 4

Of Blackadder or Shadows?

Also, watch the movie of What We Do In The Shadows before the show.

Sorry mate, didn't see this. Friday night was spent looking at videos of a Lagoon catamaran for sale in Fiji and trying yo convince ourselves it would be stupid to buy it.

The jury is out :)
Knew I’d seen you somewhere before…

Start on 3, at least you get King George.
Na, if you lower your expectations then Season 1 is necessary as it sets up the contrast for every season that follows that helps make it progressively hilarious (Baldrick starts out quite wise and, dare I say it, cunning before slowly devolving into complete flanderisation meanwhile Blackadder slowly gets far more clever through each generation to match).

Too many good shows take that first season or so to reach peak heights that require said lowered expectations. Bojack Horseman and Red Dwarf spring to mind

Too many good shows take that first season or so to reach peak heights that require said lowered expectations. Bojack Horseman and Red Dwarf spring to mind
Breaking Bad was a bit like that.

I think I've a bit of Blackadder, but I had a friend in high school who was into all those classic British shows like Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, etc.

So on his behalf, if the Warriors don't win tomorrow, please cut my heart out with a spoon before you stomp all over it.
HA! Now they won't DARE win tomorrow!

Na, if you lower your expectations then Season 1 is necessary as it sets up the contrast for every season that follows that helps make it progressively hilarious (Baldrick starts out quite wise and, dare I say it, cunning before slowly devolving into complete flanderisation meanwhile Blackadder slowly gets far more clever through each generation to match).

I agree but he’s been told to start at 4, I just want him to experience some joy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice, I’m hoping he changes his mind and the SA festival isn’t exclusive. Saw The Raconteurs a couple of years back, would love to see just Jack solo.

Nice, I’m hoping he changes his mind and the SA festival isn’t exclusive. Saw The Raconteurs a couple of years back, would love to see just Jack solo.

He is an amazing talent ! And how is the drummer ?

Checking in.

Boy’s birthday stuff this weekend. Done for the night so having a quiet beer. Collab cream ale brewed with maple syrup for Canada Day. WaywardSonSon is one of the breweries.

View attachment 1492682
That's the Taber-ner tall boy. It kicks bags of goals in the mouth-feel and body stakes, but is always injured when it comes to carbonation and head. It also has a tendency to miss from directly in front when stacked up against a strong IPA defence.

Ever see any of that doco he did with Jimmy Page & The Edge?

I might be in the minority here, but two of those things are not like the other. The "Edge" was a big enough w***er to don himself "the Edge" and I am a more proficient guitar player than Jack White. Jimmy Page on the other hand, a true legend!

After spending 6 hours yesterday doing this in real life, I for one would love to wind down after a brewday to play this.
How is the beak berry ale going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back