Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 13: Coney Island Warriors v Ophidian Old Boys at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

It didn't make any sense, at least not to the students of the Spotswood Campus. Sure strange things happened in the world of Sweet, but never to the extent of the qooty team monikers coming to life. Something had to be behind this, something or maybe even someone.

The top students in Bonz (71 disposals, 9 tackles, 39 goals), Braklet (205 disposals, 51 tackles, 4 goals) and Mrs Turbo (204 disposals, 26 tackles, 12 goals) were tasked to solve the mystery behind the ever-increasing happenstances, they had to stop whatever was happening before one of the other teams went too far and caused the permanent end to a squad of qooty players.

After looking at all the madness that had transpired, they had found what had been linking them all. The clues they found led them into Van Cortlandt Park, an abandoned amusement park with more red flags than the Boy's Locker room on Campus. The place was devoid of all people and light, that was until they reached the Big Top tent, situated under a great Tree, where they could hear the sound of static and the buzzing of television screens.

When they entered the tent, they saw a man sitting at a desk on his laptop surrounded by almost a dozen TV screens all pointed towards him, showing nothing but either the test screen or white static. The man took no notice as the students walked closer, wondering if this was the person behind what was transpiring.

"Hey!" shouted Bonz, "Who are you? What do you know about what's been happening in the City of Sweet?" The man still took no notice, typing on their laptop as Braklet barked "Hello? Can you hear us? Or do you need to turn your hearing aid up?" The man turned his head slightly towards them. "You ask a lot of questions" he replied.

Mrs Turbo responded, "We want a lot of answers, are you the reason why Sweet has become overrun with headless horsemen, phoenix attacks and the Royal family suddenly spending time outside the castle walls?" The man asked a question of his own. "If I were to say yes, would you three try to stop me? Through words or... other means?" After a few moments of looking at each other, Bonz answered "If that's what it will take for our city to return to normal, then so be it."

The man turned his head back to his laptop and said "It's a shame then. You've come all this way, only to not realise the person standing behind you this whole time." Before they could react, a figure came out from the darkness. With one swift movement, Mrs Turbo fell to the ground in two equal pieces. Bonz pulled out his handgun and got the figure between the eyes, but not before casting a spell on Braklet, which saw the student's body transforming into an actual squid.

The tent fell silent once more, with the exclusion of the man typing on his laptop. Bonz pointed his gun at the man "I don't get it, why would you do this? Why are you doing this to us?" The man's head shot up "It's not a matter of 'why' but of 'why not'. We accept that the Sim can, and will, give us the cruel end of the stick on the field, why not dish some of that out off the field as well."

"But why turn Sweet into this?" Bonz cried out "Why would you want to turn the league into a chaotic mess?" The man quickly turned around to face Bonz at such speed, that his chair went flying into one of the television screens. "You call THIS 'chaotic'? You call everyone playing a fantasy 'chaotic'? That's what we already do! I simply figured out how to make it more real for them! 'Chaotic' is when a team enters this league and wins the premiership on just their second try when some of us haven't seen the pointy end of the season in 10!"

Bonz took a moment to process what he just heard before replying "Honestly, that just sounds like a skill issue." The man continued "I'm just giving everyone what they want, a little less formality and a whole lotta drama". Bonz aimed his gun at the man's head "Well it ends here, no more messing around with our reality". "The man chuckled to himself "...and you didn't even learn from it the first time."

Bonz then felt a sharp pain in his back, as someone plunged their hand deep into their back, before hearing the person whisper into his ear. "Kakaa'i pe ngaohilelei'i" before Bonz's head was slammed onto the man's desk which saw an end to the journey of the 3 students.

The man took a step back when this happened and let out a frustrated sigh. "Dang it Bob, how many times do I have to say 'Mahogany Desk' before you start using the ground to win fights?" "Sorry TIF" Tonga Bob (212 disposals, 71 tackles, 14 goals, =1st in the Mobbs Predictor) replied, "I still don't know my new strength yet and he was within desk-slamming distance". TheInjuryFactory (197 disposals, 69 tackles, 11 goals) turned back to retrieve his chair "Hopefully we don't get too many more people trying to stop our plans, it's annoying cleaning up the mess."

"Yeah, about that." Bob quickly asked, "What do we do with The Filth Wizard (90 disposals, 10 tackles, 54 goals)?" "Oh, I'm sure he had a fail-safe in his room in case something like this happened to him" TIF reminded Bob. "That, or we try cloning him using pants' DNA"

The camera zooms out of the tent to show a cinematic shot of Van Cortlandt Park in the foreground and the rest of Sweet in the background, with more battles being fought and various noises in the distance as no one is sure, maybe not even those behind all this, what the future holds for the City of Sweet.

Captains, team sheets are to be correctly submitted by 11:50 pm on Thursday the 26th of October 2023 according to AWST time. There's probably a half-dozen plot holes in this story.

Morning everyone, i thought the Warriors had put up the white flag for a minute there.
giphy.gif

The thread was only up for 5 minutes Bobby.
Just thought that a couple of hours after the other matchthreads went up that the Warriors where a bit worried about the might of the bottom placed team.

Just thought that a couple of hours after the other matchthreads went up that the Warriors where a bit worried about the might of the bottom placed team.

You've nailed it bud.

It didn't make any sense, at least not to the students of the Spotswood Campus. Sure strange things happened in the world of Sweet, but never to the extent of the qooty team monikers coming to life. Something had to be behind this, something or maybe even someone.

The top students in Bonz (71 disposals, 9 tackles, 39 goals), Braklet (205 disposals, 51 tackles, 4 goals) and Mrs Turbo (204 disposals, 26 tackles, 12 goals) were tasked to solve the mystery behind the ever-increasing happenstances, they had to stop whatever was happening before one of the other teams went too far and caused the permanent end to a squad of qooty players.

After looking at all the madness that had transpired, they had found what had been linking them all. The clues they found led them into Van Cortlandt Park, an abandoned amusement park with more red flags than the Boy's Locker room on Campus. The place was devoid of all people and light, that was until they reached the Big Top tent, situated under a great Tree, where they could hear the sound of static and the buzzing of television screens.

When they entered the tent, they saw a man sitting at a desk on his laptop surrounded by almost a dozen TV screens all pointed towards him, showing nothing but either the test screen or white static. The man took no notice as the students walked closer, wondering if this was the person behind what was transpiring.

"Hey!" shouted Bonz, "Who are you? What do you know about what's been happening in the City of Sweet?" The man still took no notice, typing on their laptop as Braklet barked "Hello? Can you hear us? Or do you need to turn your hearing aid up?" The man turned his head slightly towards them. "You ask a lot of questions" he replied.

Mrs Turbo responded, "We want a lot of answers, are you the reason why Sweet has become overrun with headless horsemen, phoenix attacks and the Royal family suddenly spending time outside the castle walls?" The man asked a question of his own. "If I were to say yes, would you three try to stop me? Through words or... other means?" After a few moments of looking at each other, Bonz answered "If that's what it will take for our city to return to normal, then so be it."

The man turned his head back to his laptop and said "It's a shame then. You've come all this way, only to not realise the person standing behind you this whole time." Before they could react, a figure came out from the darkness. With one swift movement, Mrs Turbo fell to the ground in two equal pieces. Bonz pulled out his handgun and got the figure between the eyes, but not before casting a spell on Braklet, which saw the student's body transforming into an actual squid.

The tent fell silent once more, with the exclusion of the man typing on his laptop. Bonz pointed his gun at the man "I don't get it, why would you do this? Why are you doing this to us?" The man's head shot up "It's not a matter of 'why' but of 'why not'. We accept that the Sim can, and will, give us the cruel end of the stick on the field, why not dish some of that out off the field as well."

"But why turn Sweet into this?" Bonz cried out "Why would you want to turn the league into a chaotic mess?" The man quickly turned around to face Bonz at such speed, that his chair went flying into one of the television screens. "You call THIS 'chaotic'? You call everyone playing a fantasy 'chaotic'? That's what we already do! I simply figured out how to make it more real for them! 'Chaotic' is when a team enters this league and wins the premiership on just their second try when some of us haven't seen the pointy end of the season in 10!"

Bonz took a moment to process what he just heard before replying "Honestly, that just sounds like a skill issue." The man continued "I'm just giving everyone what they want, a little less formality and a whole lotta drama". Bonz aimed his gun at the man's head "Well it ends here, no more messing around with our reality". "The man chuckled to himself "...and you didn't even learn from it the first time."

Bonz then felt a sharp pain in his back, as someone plunged their hand deep into their back, before hearing the person whisper into his ear. "Kakaa'i pe ngaohilelei'i" before Bonz's head was slammed onto the man's desk which saw an end to the journey of the 3 students.

The man took a step back when this happened and let out a frustrated sigh. "Dang it Bob, how many times do I have to say 'Mahogany Desk' before you start using the ground to win fights?" "Sorry TIF" Tonga Bob (212 disposals, 71 tackles, 14 goals, =1st in the Mobbs Predictor) replied, "I still don't know my new strength yet and he was within desk-slamming distance". TheInjuryFactory (197 disposals, 69 tackles, 11 goals) turned back to retrieve his chair "Hopefully we don't get too many more people trying to stop our plans, it's annoying cleaning up the mess."

"Yeah, about that." Bob quickly asked, "What do we do with The Filth Wizard (90 disposals, 10 tackles, 54 goals)?" "Oh, I'm sure he had a fail-safe in his room in case something like this happened to him" TIF reminded Bob. "That, or we try cloning him using pants' DNA"

The camera zooms out of the tent to show a cinematic shot of Van Cortlandt Park in the foreground and the rest of Sweet in the background, with more battles being fought and various noises in the distance as no one is sure, maybe not even those behind all this, what the future holds for the City of Sweet.

Captains, team sheets are to be correctly submitted by 11:50 pm on Thursday the 26th of October 2023 according to AWST time. There's probably a half-dozen plot holes in this story.
FOOLS!!! Do you have ANY IDEA what you've unleashed on the city of Sweet??

the-walking-dead-zombies-walkers.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh wow I thought this was the first one up.

art black.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back