Review Second Qualifying Final, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Richmond

Who were your five best players against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree.. our inability to do anything about unopposed rebound is the main issue. 1 way runners.

Watching on TV, most put in effort to try and chase so I'd hesitate to label them one way (although in the third they were no way runners). It's just that they'd overcommit going forward.

Huge difference in class in the forward lines.

We were at our best when all of our forwards were options to kick to and capable of kicking a goal. We have become too Charlie focused and we don't look like we know any other way to win.

2-3 decisions against us and some terrible kicking in the first half really set us up to fail.

Interesting listening to Simon Black after the game say that Richmond are no.1 in the comp for metres gained (?around 300) from hand balling and we are last (think he said we were negative 150 metres from going backwards so often). I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing for us, just makes sense that Richmond are kicking to an unorganised defence who have less time to set up. Exactly what happened early in the MCG game against Richmond.

Are we actually allowed to field Auskickers in the first team? We had six of them in the forward line tonight. Add that to #freekickdusty and it was never going to happen tonight. What the * was that totally obvious throw from Dusty that led to a goal? How on earth did the maggots miss that?

To be fair, the Tigers gave us a finals lesson but finishing some simple kicks for goal in the first half would have made this a different game.

umps did us no favours. Riewoldt 6 touches 3 frees. does not help
kicking for goal was crap
Tigers just too good.
Lots of passengers different guys again. So who do you drop.. Your key forwards go missing and you expect a crumbing guy to kick 5-6 each week
Rayner had a up game although needed to kick that goal.
Neale, Hodge, Clugga, Robbo and Zorko never gave up

Don’t want to talk much about the Pies with the plastics still in the way but they are vulnerable, even if it is at the G’.

If we make the prelim, we’ll have plenty of Lions support in Melbourne and the boys will have gained experience from R23 and tonight.

Watching on TV, most put in effort to try and chase so I'd hesitate to label them one way (although in the third they were no way runners). It's just that they'd overcommit going forward.

That's right. Intent was good but we got sucked up the ground, then as soon as they got possession, our structures were shot.. I was a bit annoyed we couldn't adjust.

We are a real momentum side. If we had kicked 1 or 2 more goals in the first and had stopped their early goals in the second it could have been different.

Should charlie have been moved on the ball? Or a wing? Fagan seems reluctant to make changes til it's too late.

Man, so many arsehole tigers fans. Last game was bad but put it down to some Bogan gold coasters, but today's fans have been *heads. Blokes just gave it to me - whatever, I'm a man - but then gave a serve to a kid and other fans laughed . The kidn looked like he was going to cry.

Disgusting fan base.

Gonna pop in here and say a few things

Accuracy was an absolute killer - both teams kick at the season average (52%ish) and you blokes win by about 2 goals

Rayner easily your best - definitely reckon he'll explode this series. Hodge top notch as well (anyone see his cheeky bump om cotchin?) - gave dusty a bath in the 1st

Grimes probably lucky it isn't the 80s otherwise he would have been belted into next week

Mcstay started well but went invisible after qt

God clugga is brilliant in congestion

Had a surprisingly good experience with the tiges fans (bar the 1 nuffy in the aviators in section 23 carrying on)

Please smash the plastic scum - * i hate them

if we beat GWS then magically beat Pies (and umps) .. We probably play Tigers again. Unless Eagles or Cats do us a favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are a real momentum side. If we had kicked 1 or 2 more goals in the first and had stopped their early goals in the second it could have been different.

Should charlie have been moved on the ball? Or a wing? Fagan seems reluctant to make changes til it's too late.

He does play up the field. Just doesn’t do a whole lot so nobody notices.

Man, so many arsehole tigers fans. Last game was bad but put it down to some Bogan gold coasters, but today's fans have been fu**heads. Blokes just gave it to me - whatever, I'm a man - but then gave a serve to a kid and other fans laughed . The kidn looked like he was going to cry.

Disgusting fan base.
Truth is that all fan bases have those sort of people. I’ve had North and Doggies fans give me s**t the most in Melbourne but obviously their entire fan base isn’t like that.

Sorry you had that experience though.

Man, so many arsehole tigers fans. Last game was bad but put it down to some Bogan gold coasters, but today's fans have been fu**heads. Blokes just gave it to me - whatever, I'm a man - but then gave a serve to a kid and other fans laughed . The kidn looked like he was going to cry.

Disgusting fan base.

Yeah the are a disgrace, have hated being involved with them the last 2 weeks.. it's all compounded by the fact they are an infinantly better footy team than us though haha

umps did us no favours. Riewoldt 6 touches 3 frees. does not help
kicking for goal was crap
Tigers just too good.
Lots of passengers different guys again. So who do you drop.. Your key forwards go missing and you expect a crumbing guy to kick 5-6 each week
Rayner had a up game although needed to kick that goal.
Neale, Hodge, Clugga, Robbo and Zorko never gave up
To top it off the idiot talking heads just laugh about Grimes antics in going to ground easy and no mention in f dodgy umpiring throughout the night.

Let’s hope Jono Brown highlights it on OTC otherwise no one will.

Hardly surprising given we’re regularly walked all over by the AFL.

Yeah the are a disgrace, have hated being involved with them the last 2 weeks.. it's all compounded by the fact they are an infinantly better footy team than us though haha
Classic bandwagoner supporter base. Rarely got 30,000 to games and now they all have their chests puffed and are as arrogant a supporter you’d ever see. They’re genuinely worse than Collingwood supporters these days and that says a lot.

Truth is that all fan bases have those sort of people. I’ve had North and Doggies fans give me s**t the most in Melbourne but obviously their entire fan base isn’t like that.

Sorry you had that experience though.

Every fan base definitely has its bad apples, but I've never seen it in such volume.

Hoos you're killing your father.

Back