Review Seedsman and Kennedy for Jeremy Howe and pick 68

Remove this Banner Ad

Another useless thread.

Just because players play better at different clubs doesn't mean they are losses.

I'm sure that's how Freo felt when they traded out:

Andy McLoed for Chris Groom

Jeff Farmer for Phil Gilbert (14 games)

Phil Matera for David Hynes (13 games)

Darryl Wakelin for Douglas Headland (0 games)

David Wirrpunda for Tony Godden (11 games)

Chad Morrison for Brendan Krummel (1 game)

Steven King for Stephen O'Reilly (98 games)

I'm not sticking up for Blair here I'm backing the trade to send Kennedy away!

I'm saying if Elliott was fit there wouldn't be a spot in the team for Blair or Kennedy.

I think there would be as this team severely lacks quality small crumbing players.

Howe, Elliott, Faz all play the same/similar game style and we need to mix it up.

Faz Moore Elliott
White Cloke Kennedy

Broomy could play wing and rotate forward with Kennedy alas whats done is done.

Kennedy needed to be moved on. Like in the case of Kyle Martin a myth has developed here that has Kennedy dominating at VFL level. This gets parroted by posters who don't attend VFL matches.

I would have loved to have seen Seedsman prosper but the fact is he didn't.

Happy with the trades. The club made the right decisions at the time.

I think there would be as this team severely lacks quality small crumbing players.

Howe, Elliott, Faz all play the same/similar game style and we need to mix it up.

Faz Moore Elliott
White Cloke Kennedy

Broomy could play wing and rotate forward with Kennedy alas whats done is done.

White! Surely your not serious?

Kennedy is looking really good for Melbourne. He didn't get enough of a run here. Thise saying it doesn't matter are kidding themselves. Our ability to develop players hasn't been the greatest recently.

He doesn't look like he'll blow the competition apart, but he looks like he'll be a handy type... better than Blair or Maccaffer already.

Getting rid of Seedsman was right. Kennedy forced his way. Howe was the wrong player to recruit.

What a great thread. Howe plays 1 game and it is already considered a loss.
We can switch Howe back to defense. He might not like it but we could. With BenKen and Seeds we could. Oh wait......

Is there a suggestion that there is something flawed at Collingwood with regards to the culture, fitness program, message getting through, development etc. and these guys, once they've left, have been able to get better out of themselves, or is it too early to speculate on this?

I'm as negative as they come, but come on dude. Howe played his first game coming off an injury interrupted pre-season (his first injury interrupted pre-season mind you) in a side that is playing disgusting football. The worst this club has played since the dark days of the late 90s.

Give him a break.

you need to give something to get something so whilst we can say we shouldn't have traded those two. then who should we have traded that had legitimate currency.

you need to give something to get something so whilst we can say we shouldn't have traded those two. then who should we have traded that had legitimate currency.

Its more that we should have got an extra second rounder out of the deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we just shouldn't of targeted Howe. A player we didn't need on a fair chunk of coin

I think we just shouldn't of targeted Howe. A player we didn't need on a fair chunk of coin
they way I look at it is that we traded Howe for Dawes. I mean Melbourne are probably saying in hindsight they shouldn't have given us a Top 20 pick for Dawes. we then used that on kennedy and gave kennedy back to Melbourne lol.

I think that people are jumping on firstly Howe to quickly. let's judge him after the season. and ditto Seedsman. I mean his played great games for us also and then gone missing. and Kennedy. we can only assume we have a fit list. who does he knock out given a full squad ? on paper ( and that's how the recruiters ) would look at it, we bat a lot deeper in the midfield high half forwards then Melbourne and most likely he would be in the reserves. now yes in hindsight with 5 of those out now he might be playing but how can Bucks go into the season thinking swan was going to bust a leg / Sidebottom get suspended/ Varcoe pull has hammy / Broomhead bust his shoulder and Elliott bust his back..

Dagoey
Crisp
Pendles
Sidebottom
Greenwood
treloar
Broomhead
Elliott
Varcoe
Adams
Swan
Fasolo

Collingwood usually win out at the trade table, but not this one IMO.

For a start, Kennedy should have been given opportunity, and he should have not played so many games as sub, in fact that rule should never have existed, (thanks AFL) Kennedy should have been selected ahead of Blair, and he would have produced better form and still had been at the Pies. I had faith in the club that it knew what it was doing, but m losing that faith the way this season has started.

As for Howe, we already had Elliott, who the club didn't know would succumb to a back injury and Fasolo, who many, including myself, could see a break-out year, who play a similar role to Howe.

The way the season has started, Seedsman and Kennedy's form would make them in the top 5 or 10 in the copeland.

We could use Kennedy right now, and badly need Seedsman back with his elite speed and long damaging disposal out of the back-line. At the time I agree that Seedsman for whatever reason, his heart wasn't in it or wasn't committed, and Kennedy had massive form issues.

I think we usually win out at the trade table, but this one could come back to bite, if it hasn't already, discuss...

Dumb thread.

Premature thread.

Negative thread.

I don't want to get personal, but geez I reckon Blair is a better player than you are poster.. so negative

they way I look at it is that we traded Howe for Dawes. I mean Melbourne are probably saying in hindsight they shouldn't have given us a Top 20 pick for Dawes. we then used that on kennedy and gave kennedy back to Melbourne lol.

So we traded Dawes and Seedsman for Howe

Dumb thread.

Premature thread.

Negative thread.

I don't want to get personal, but geez I reckon Blair is a better player than you are poster.. so negative

I really like how you expose yourself to be the poster/person you are, really appreciate that. :thumbsu:

Kennedy is looking really good for Melbourne. He didn't get enough of a run here. Thise saying it doesn't matter are kidding themselves. Our ability to develop players hasn't been the greatest recently.

He doesn't look like he'll blow the competition apart, but he looks like he'll be a handy type... better than Blair or Maccaffer already.

Hasn't Kennedy been playing more in the midfield for demons? He wouldn't be getting a run in the guts for us or would be competing against someone like De Goey for a spot

There's something really likeable about Kennedy and I always wanted him to succeed for us, but he's not a loss. I didn't see any of Sunday's game, but he had an effective disposal % of 40%, which was about par for the course when he was with us. He's got clean hands and moves beautifully in traffic, but he's an undersized mid with a low level of endurance, a lack of composure and poor disposal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back