Review Seedsman and Kennedy for Jeremy Howe and pick 68

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeds and Kennedy looked slow and now treloar looks slow time to sack everyone

I hate it when we don't rate a player and they go on to kill it at another club! Thank-you so much - it's early days I know but the Seed is absolutely smashing it over here, we love him! What was the issue?

I hate it when we don't rate a player and they go on to kill it at another club! Thank-you so much - it's early days I know but the Seed is absolutely smashing it over here, we love him! What was the issue?

You will find out when times are tough, he will be the first one to go to water.

What happened to pick 68? Guessing we upgraded it to pick 63 through that final trade with GWS for a number of picks.

If so adding Wills to the trade doesn't make it look that bad.

As for Seedsman "burning for Adelaide", he's averaging 15 disposals a game, not exactly on fire.

He was always a decent player.

But I guess you Adelaide blokes can say "he's becoming good... *Right in front of me*"

Collingwood usually win out at the trade table, but not this one IMO.

For a start, Kennedy should have been given opportunity, and he should have not played so many games as sub, in fact that rule should never have existed, (thanks AFL) Kennedy should have been selected ahead of Blair, and he would have produced better form and still had been at the Pies. I had faith in the club that it knew what it was doing, but m losing that faith the way this season has started.

As for Howe, we already had Elliott, who the club didn't know would succumb to a back injury and Fasolo, who many, including myself, could see a break-out year, who play a similar role to Howe.

The way the season has started, Seedsman and Kennedy's form would make them in the top 5 or 10 in the copeland.

We could use Kennedy right now, and badly need Seedsman back with his elite speed and long damaging disposal out of the back-line. At the time I agree that Seedsman for whatever reason, his heart wasn't in it or wasn't committed, and Kennedy had massive form issues.

I think we usually win out at the trade table, but this one could come back to bite, if it hasn't already, discuss...
Seedsman heart wasn't in the game plan like every other players , sideways footy never suited him and Kennedy was never given a fair go by Buckley just like PK ..

I hate it when we don't rate a player and they go on to kill it at another club! Thank-you so much - it's early days I know but the Seed is absolutely smashing it over her e, we love him! What was the issue?
He's not smashing it Unless your standards are completely different. He'll always be a soft 15 touch player. Watch him under pressure and you'll see.

Ok I get that - but he is standing up when the pressure is on at the moment. So does he go to S*%t when everyone else does?
Adelaide arent under to much pressure at the moment lol, he is just a very inconsistent player. If the others around him slow up then he will to. Without the help around him he will crumble, sad but true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to pick 68? Guessing we upgraded it to pick 63 through that final trade with GWS for a number of picks.

If so adding Wills to the trade doesn't make it look that bad.

As for Seedsman "burning for Adelaide", he's averaging 15 disposals a game, not exactly on fire.
Yeah it got tied up in the GWS pick swap via an upgrade with St Kilda.

Seedsman + Kennedy -> Howe + 68
Freeman + 68 -> 2nd round (St K 2016) + 63
34, 53 + 63 -> 27 (Sier), 66 (Phillips), 77 (Wills) + 84 (not used, we also held our original pick 83 (Crocker))​

There's a case for Wills or Philips depending on how you wish to view that pick swap.

1) Wills - pick upgrade with a pick downgrade (34/53 = 27/66 with 63 = 77/84)
2) Phillips - there was no difference between 63 vs 66 as GWS held the picks in between and these were used for academy points​

Kennedy on last weeks' form would walk into the Collingwood team. To say there are better players who would deny him a spot is to ignore Kennedy's excellent form and the poor form of a number of our players. Kennedy is being judged on last year's standard, not what he is currently showing at AFL level.
Players lose form playing under a crapy game plan ..

Adelaide arent under to much pressure at the moment lol, he is just a very inconsistent player. If the others around him slow up then he will to. Without the help around him he will crumble, sad but true.

So by pressure do you mean finals? Showdown for us is as big as it gets, so hear what you are saying, then I should reserve my judgement until this week against Hawthorn then.

So by pressure do you mean finals? Showdown for us is as big as it gets, so hear what you are saying, then I should reserve my judgement until this week against Hawthorn then.
yeah but you guys won that game by a massive margin, i mean more like the pressure Collingwood and Richmond and even Freo are under now, doesnt have to be to that extent but if you guys start to lose a few and need players to lift, i dont think he will be the one doing it.

I can't say how he goes in finals lol, he never played in a final for us

round 1: 11 disposals (100% DE) 1 goal - used it well obviously but as a winger you need to get more than 11 touches
round 2: 19 disposals (73% DE) 0 goals - decent game, probably his best for you guys, not really 'smashing it' though
round 3: 18 disposals (88% DE) 0 goals - again decent game but not what you would say 'smashing it'
round 4: 12 disposals (58% DE) 2 goals - not bad, but aganin as a winger needs more of the ball though, also not very efficient

That's his season so far, and that is basically him in a nutshell, he will be ok and occasionally give you a really good game but will always just be an 'ok' player for mine, tbh i rate Smith and Laird a lot more for you blokes but that's just me.

Seedy is like a young colt who likes to get out early in the new season and run over the top of the grass but once the heavy lifting is required he'll go missing.

Great pick up for you guys
Pies have an abundance of quick half backs who can kick sixty
Why would we want to keep a bloke like Seedsman who has loved the club from birth
Aaahhhh!

yeah but you guys won that game by a massive margin, i mean more like the pressure Collingwood and Richmond and even Freo are under now, doesnt have to be to that extent but if you guys start to lose a few and need players to lift, i dont think he will be the one doing it.

I can't say how he goes in finals lol, he never played in a final for us
Played 1 elimination final v port when they thrashed us. Was frustrating to watch, at his least effective.
Good luck to him in Adelaide though.

Ok I get that - but he is standing up when the pressure is on at the moment. So does he go to S*%t when everyone else does?
Plenty of good judges who watch Collingwood knew Seedsman's potential. I knew the sort of player he could become. In my view, he still has enormous upside than what he has shown this year. He just needs to get his confidence up a bit more and you have a really, really good player on your hands.

What went wrong at Collingwood? Buckley mismanaged him. He played him in the VFL for too long, he made him sub too often and he dropped him as soon as he made a mistake - not the way to deal with a person who has confidence issues. Also, Buckley didn't like his lifestyle and didn't think it was conducive to becoming a quality AFL footballer.

Let's put it this way. Buckley got rid of Shaw, Wellingham and Harry for similar reasons. How have they gone at their new clubs? Shaw won a best and fairest, Wellingham had an enormous year for West Coast last year which helped propel them into the grand final and Harry has not put a foot out of place at Melbourne. Buckley got this one wrong.

Not many will admit it yet but this is our worst trade in a while, both should have been persisted with. Howe was never even that good in the first place.
It was a terrible trade.. I couldn't believe it when I heard the details.. thought it was reported wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back