Game Day Semi Final - Carlton V Brisbane - Princes Park - Sunday 22nd March 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't watch much AFLW but thought that was good quality today...come on leaps and bounds given the limited length of season.
the quality of game has improved bigtime across 4 years..........

Quite disappointed that the AFL cant postpone the women’s Comp until the end of May in the hope of getting the last two games in. The next AFLW season is a long way away.
Commentators on ABC Grandstand were saying that because many of the ladies have full time jobs it would be too difficult to expect them to do that.

Commentators on ABC Grandstand were saying that because many of the ladies have full time jobs it would be too difficult to expect them to do that.

it sounds like a really condescending response by them, it’s 2 games, both probably played on a weekend, 6-7 days apart. All these girls play football during the men’s season regardless.

On face value, it seems there wasn’t much effort or desire to find a solution.

Heartbroken for our Blues girls and all the ladies across the AFLW comp to have had all this work go for naught.

Have loved getting to see our women fly the flag week in and week out. I find myself looking forward to the start of AFLW season every year just as much as the men's season. I agree with what everyone has said - so hard to pick a favorite player from this team. They're all game-changing pioneers and seeing what has been such a successful season go unfinished will sting.

it sounds like a really condescending response by them, it’s 2 games, both probably played on a weekend, 6-7 days apart. All these girls play football during the men’s season regardless.

On face value, it seems there wasn’t much effort or desire to find a solution.
Fair point. I wasn't sure how valid their comments were. It did puzzle me a bit at the time of listening as to why a different part of the season would make a difference in terms of full time jobs. I mean they're... full-time...jobs.

Heartbroken for our Blues girls and all the ladies across the AFLW comp to have had all this work go for naught.

Have loved getting to see our women fly the flag week in and week out. I find myself looking forward to the start of AFLW season every year just as much as the men's season. I agree with what everyone has said - so hard to pick a favorite player from this team. They're all game-changing pioneers and seeing what has been such a successful season go unfinished will sting.
Not sure why they don’t finish the season when all is right to play again it’s only 3 games to go, 2 prelims and the Grand Final, not fair on the ladies me thinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FINAL CHARTS

I can't help but feel we have been so blessed by having someone like Maddy Prespakis wear our jumper.

(NOTE: Not going to bother with the key/legend. I think you all know by now what everything means. If not, just ask.)

Carlton Women's Team (FINAL CHART).jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back