Media Serial Stats: The S30 "People's Choice" ALL-SFA Team! (COMPLETE)

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1018334

ST: Congratulations on being named as ROVER in the Season 30 People's Choice All-SFA. How does it feel to be voted into this illustrious group by your peers? What do you have to say to the people who voted you in?

CM: Certainly a bit of a shock in all honesty as I've been an observer of the All-SFA teams proposed by the captains in the committee and I'm not in the current discussion there so this has certainly been something not expected.

What do I have to say to the people who voted me in? Thanks for thinking of me I guess. As you'd know ST, I didn't put a team in and I think I'll continue to not do that, sorry :p. I think I've had one of my strongest seasons since perhaps Season 17 both on-field and off-field. This season was tough though because as much as I wanted to continue my character of being a flog disliked by many, I had to put that to the side to a degree, in the best interests of the club I represent and so that became my major focus this season - looking after the Wonders as a club and the players within.

I think my stats this season were pretty strong. Obviously not #1 ranked in my position however I was quite high up there until I was subbed out in the last 3 or so games quite early into the game which had an impact on that of course. But that's qootball. My posting wasn't elite by any means but I was super active, every day this season... morning, day and night I think - such is the lockdown we went through here in Melbourne. I was a very consistent poster this season, you could say too consistent and you'd be right. That was my goal this season was to just be consistent every week and not let my team down.

I got shat on in last year's All-SFA discussions because I had a strong second-half of the season but a poor first half and then didn't make it in because there was some argument about the median number of posts I had made that season. I shouldn't have made it in last season so it was the right decision in the end but the justification was a bit unorthodox I thought. I wasn't there the entire season so I shouldn't have gotten in - not because of how many times I posted in one half of the season against the other or because of what my median posting numbers were compared to others :$.

ST: The All-SFA Committee are plotting away in the dark recesses of the SFA, scratching each other's backs and scheming to bias the team in their favour. Is the PEOPLE'S CHOICE a better representation of who deserves to be in the All-SFA team?

CM: Well now I'm in a position that because I'm in this team and likely not the other that I have to say yes, of course. But honestly, I think a league-wide vox-pop would be a better representation than 12 committee members who are usually captains, who have likely nominated themselves for All-SFA and then are the same 12 who decide who's in it. You find captains also nominating other captains so then their team get support from that club as well... I don't think it's the best process but that is just how it is I guess. All of this is done away from the prying eyes of the public and so of course it's easier to push personal agendas for and against certain posters in the league.

I saw a team proposed with 3 Wonders players and 0 Furies and 0 Roys in the Committee for this season's All-SFA. One unnamed Wonders LG member said something along the lines of "I like this team because it has 3 Wonders in it" but I had to shoot that down straight away because that should not be how a club should be voting on the All-SFA. That's not why we are involved - it's not our role. Our job isn't to get the most Wonders in, it's to get the best team incorporating the stats and the posting (both quality and quantity) from all clubs within the league.

It is ironic that the Committee who have previously taken such a hard stance on avoiding conflicts of interest still employ this All-SFA process. Is there a better way? Maybe, but as always - you will never get everyone to agree with what is the best way to go about it so if you just choose to not care that much about it then you'll feel somewhat liberated. It is what it is and whatever the All-SFA team is for Season 30 should still be applauded and acknowledged for the honour - it's harder and harder to make that team every season.

ST: Finally, are there any particular players you'd love to be lining up alongside in this gathering of SFA's elite?

CM: Ah not really. It's all for a bit of fun so once you've named this team, I'm not sure if I'll go much further than a quick like and acknowledgement and then I'll return back to the Wonders Team Thread and work on getting that off the 4th page.

I demand a recount. I dont believe anyone voted for ClarkeM

INT3
1606297330548.png
ST: Congratulations on being named as INTERCHANGE in the Season 30 People's Choice All-SFA. How does it feel to be voted into this illustrious group by your peers?

M: It feels like I've been kissed on the cheek by God, or a curvaceous angel, or just licked on the face by some random dog. Either way it feels good.

ST: What do you have to say to the people who voted you in?

M: I'd like to say thank you. Your kindness and generosity in this endeavor is immense, and is something I haven't felt since I pretended to be dying of cancer to get special treatment from a group of Latter-day Saint missionaries when I was stuck in Utah for a month during my University trip abroad there.

ST: The All-SFA Committee are plotting away in the dark recesses of the SFA, scratching each other's backs and scheming to bias the team in their favour. Is the PEOPLE'S CHOICE a better representation of who deserves to be in the All-SFA team?

M: I have no idea - I don't know if I've made the real one yet. If I have, then no - because I've made more real ones than People's Choice ones. If I haven't, then yes, clearly the people know better.

ST: Finally, are there any particular players you'd love to be lining up alongside in this gathering of SFA's elite?

M: No. No one in particular comes to mind, serial_thrilla. I really can't think of a single elite name right now, to be honest, serial_thrilla. Just kind of blanking big time here. Embarrassing, almost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HFF2
1606298068898.png
ST: Congratulations on being named as HALF FORWARD FLANK in the Season 30 People's Choice All-SFA. How does it feel to be voted into this illustrious group by your peers? What do you have to say to the people who voted you in?

P: I wasn't really expecting to be talked about for All-SFA this season, as I didn't think my form warranted it. Match poster of the year? That's a different story.......

P: Opinions are like arseholes - we've all got one. In some respects, the people's choice is a team voted on by the wider SFA community, as opposed to the opinions of 12 committee members and an admin who keeps voting for himself :). So one could argue that the people's choice team means more.

P: Like I said, I didn't think I was worthy this season, so to be named alongside any of the competition's best is a bonus.

I heard there's a quota system that demands at least 95% of the team to be midfielders. 🤗
Good news is, it's down to 45% this season, thanks to a more diverse range of nominations by the clubs.

Bad news is, ...well, you know. :cool:

FP1
1606298803750.png
ST: Congratulations on being named as FORWARD POCKET in the Season 30 People's Choice All-SFA. How does it feel to be voted into this illustrious group by your peers? What do you have to say to the people who voted you in?

BB: Thanks to everyone who voted for me

BB: It's a different representation of who deserves to be in the All-SFA team. The All-SFA team proper takes into account sim performance as well so some people will shuffle up the order and some down.

BB: I'd love for another Gumby to make it in this season. GWS Goose, Genghis Tron and Riviat are probably the best chances as they're popular posters who explore more of the board than other Gumbies but we've had fantastic contributions from the likes of omgfridge, Rodney Dangerfield, beez, cats2rise, StFly and Brick Loosener as well this season.

ThE GuMbIeS aRE StRugGliNg!
This message is what I will refer to when I get called out for trying to poach Gumbies players in the committee.

You'll receive your PM shortly.

Early days but I can say with some confidence that this team would kick the arse of the committee's ALL-SFA team.

this s**t is the s**t the good teams reject - also known as Barrybran recruitment list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back