Sheffield Shield Round 1: South Australia vs New South Wales @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Rain affecting the start, neither team has been announced as of yet.

Squads (in what I think will be the batting order):

SA: McInerney, Weatherald, Ferguson, Lehmann (c), Cooper, Nielson (+), Valente, Mennie, Richardson, Pope, Sayers, Winter
NSW: Hughes, Larkin, Patterson, Henriques, J Edwards, Sangha, Nevill (c, +), Sams, O'Keefe, Copeland, Abbott, M Edwards

Surprised Haze and Cummins aren't playing.

Rain affecting the start, neither team has been announced as of yet.

Squads (in what I think will be the batting order):

SA: McInerney, Weatherald, Ferguson, Lehmann (c), Cooper, Nielson (+), Valente, Mennie, Richardson, Pope, Sayers, Winter
NSW: Hughes, Larkin, Patterson, Henriques, J Edwards, Sangha, Nevill (c, +), Sams, O'Keefe, Copeland, Abbott, M Edwards

Surprised Haze and Cummins aren't playing.
Hazelwood and Cummins are playing futures league so they can cap their overs without effecting the shield.

Hazelwood and Cummins are playing futures league so they can cap their overs without effecting the shield.
Ah, fair enough. Expect them to play vs Victoria.

Just make it a 3 day game, still enough time for a couple of Redbacks collapses. I am pretty surprised they haven't bowled a ball yet though, been fairly dry albeit overcast for the last couple of hours.
It keeps drizzling

Every time they get the covers off and pick a start/toss time it rains and the covers come back on

Redbacks have won the toss, bowling first, however full square covers are back on again. Frustrating day.

It keeps drizzling

Every time they get the covers off and pick a start/toss time it rains and the covers come back on

Redbacks have won the toss, bowling first, however full square covers are back on again. Frustrating day.

So they still have the rule that you cannot start in conditions you would normally play through?

So they still have the rule that you cannot start in conditions you would normally play through?
It's a law of cricket, annoying as it may be.

So Richo doesn't get picked. Looking forward to watching Jack Edwards next week hopefully. Sangha a good selection, he's a leggie right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Covers back on... and now coming off.

Getting ridiculous. Need to soldier on through one of these showers and let it pass rather than getting all the tractors and hessians and everything else back out there which takes forever to get off

Seriously just give up, this is frustrating me and I'm not a player or groundsman.

It has hardly rained in Adelaide today, and they're in danger of missing an entire day's cricket. They've painted themselves into a corner here because the weather tomorrow will be exactly the same as today. I can't believe a tiny bit of drizzle could potentially wipe out 2 days of cricket.

And yes, I am aware they are the rules .... rules that need to be changed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back