Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw, equal number of bonus points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Going by our batting this year, was surprised to open up the scorecard and see a pretty nice day had unfolded.

Thank goodness Cartwright is starting to get back to some form. Far too much ability there for him to have such a horror run of outs.

The return of Bancroft and Whiteman at the top has made a big difference I feel.
Think Whiteman needs to reinvent him self as an opener now.

Before the second half of the shield started, Cartwright was the leading run score in games played with the duke ball. That’s kinda impressive I guess.

Good day for WA but one of Whiteman/Cartwright/Philippe needed to go big and ton up. We would have been 450 up and no chance to lose this game.

Philippe was very average as a keeper in the big bash. Made Wade look like Ian Healy. Exciting talent with the bat but keeping needs a lot of work.
With WA having Turner, SOS and Stoinis back next year; he might need to play as keeper for a few years.

That said he’s 21 and that part of his game can easily improve.

Every state could use a good (young) keeper.

NSW would be right in the market for a new keeper considering Neville isn't getting any younger. (who even is the NSW back up?)
I like Inglis and rate him but I'd rather Inglis.

It's ironic but surely Tassie would be in the market for a legit keeper now that Wade isn't keeping. Looks like Mcdermott doesn't want to keep and Doran is in and out of the team.

I like Inglis and rate him but I'd rather Inglis.

It's ironic but surely Tassie would be in the market for a legit keeper now that Wade isn't keeping. Looks like Mcdermott doesn't want to keep and Doran is in and out of the team.
Wade has still been keeping when Paine isn't playing.

I honestly don't understand the 4 quicks if M Marsh and Cartwright in the side, especially ones as average as Guthrie and Moody. Play O'Connor!

Wade saving Tassie's asses again. These two need to get to 200 minimum.
But but but he doesn’t bat high enough for his state to be considered for international teams.. Reckon when he was batting at 6 coming in earlier than just about every other number 4 in the country anyway haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I were WA I'd be looking to bat another 40 overs at around 4 an over. That gets them a lead of 440 or so, with 126 overs to get them in. Works out to be roughly 3.5 an over.

I feel the Warriors should start looking at declaration, a full day to bat for the Tassies could see them limp out a draw. Would be nice to try and get a couple of early wickets in today.

Can't see Tassie getting much further than 300 on a day 4 pitch.

Back