Should Cotchin and Ellis get off because it is grand final next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel it will compromise the integrity of the competition. They have to get a week each. There is no other option.

I feel that strongly. I can't believe the overwhelming support from all these commentators and past players.

Yep, different set of rule for Grand Final week.
Barry Hall deliberately punched Maguire in the chest and I vividly remember his mom saying "let my Barry play"...

Cotchin's is an unfortunate footballing incident, he went low, protected himself and unfortunately caught the head.
Ellis more likely to miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would’ve loved to have seen this thread in 2002 for Jason Cloke. (Or 2003 for Anthony Rocca)
Perhaps it's time to get over that?

Cotchin didn't get the head player grabbed his shoulder right away eyes were on footy and won the ball.Concussion was from other incident.

I disagree with this theory, concussion IMO was from Cotchin bump... however still think it was incidental and should get off..
Its footy, a contact sport... s**t happens.

If Cotchin gets suspended it will be the softest suspension ever

No, he will have brought it upon himself. He should definitely get a fine, which means he gets automatic suspension due to his 2 previous indiscretions.

So should Sloane then.

But Sloane doesn't have 2 previous convictions leaving him in a precarious position. Cotchin however, does. Give both a fine. But only one then gets automatically suspended.

He won't. He'll get fined, and then automatically suspended due to his record.
Still soft he was just going hard in at the ball (seeing that you are a Essendon supporter seeing a player do that might be confusing to you) and the fact that Shiel's was holding his shoulder after and not his head proves that it was a nothing bump

It is tough on Cotchin but he chose to bump, caught a player high and caused concussion. It has to be a fine and unfortunately that means a suspension.

If the reverse had happened and Cotchin was concussed which meant that he missed the GF, I doubt anyone would be stating that there is no penalty for the GWS player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back