List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was stunned when Norf cut 11 players.

Now we’re at 8 with presumably, a couple more to leave then 11 looks about right.

It is mind numbing that the AFL has yet to confirm both list numbers and a reduced salary cap for next year while clubs are now savagely cutting there lists.

Who knows but we could well match Norf’s 11 delistings.

I was stunned when Norf cut 11 players.

Now we’re at 8 with presumably, a couple more to leave then 11 looks about right.

It is mind numbing that the AFL has yet to confirm both list numbers and a reduced salary cap for next year while clubs are now savagely cutting there lists.

Who knows but we could well match Norf’s 11 delistings.
My prediction a few weeks ago was that we would see between 10 and 15 leave the club depending on the final list sizes. With the cuts to list sizes not looking as extreme as first thought, it is likely to end in the 10-12 range. I am confident Smith is now gone and you'd expect some movement yet during trade period and after.

Hanrahan definitely deserved another year. If he can get his skills up to his brain he could be a Luke Breust type player I think.

I've always thought he was really smart and made some really fantastic decisions and goal assists in the few games he played.

However he floats in and out of games and sometimes his skill and fitness level is appalling. Fix them and we might be onto something. Hope he can cement a spot in the 22

Hanrahan definitely deserved another year. If he can get his skills up to his brain he could be a Luke Breust type player I think.

I've always thought he was really smart and made some really fantastic decisions and goal assists in the few games he played.

However he floats in and out of games and sometimes his skill and fitness level is appalling. Fix them and we might be onto something. Hope he can cement a spot in the 22

yeah agree and think some of these young blokes who have been in and out of the side lack confidence and hopefully come along when they feel they belong in Senior Footy

Looking to next season

Small Defenders - Day, Scrimshaw, Hardwick, Greaves, Jiath, Pepper
Tall Defenders - Frost, McEvoy, Hartley, Kosi (Sicily ACL)
Small Forwards - Breust, Burgoyne, Walker, Nash, Hanrahan, Morris
Tall Forwards - Gunston, Lewis, TOB, Patton, Jeka
Wingers - Smith, Wingard, Impey, Morrison, Moore, Scully
Inside Mids - T.Mitchell, Worpel, JOM, Cousins, Shiels, Maginness, Jones, Howe
Rucks - Ceglar, Brooksby, Reeves

Sml Def is a strength of ours, we have a banged up ruck as a KPD, Frost and 2 potentially good KPDs so it seems OK for now, Sml Forws is a weakness with only Breust and Burgoyne as proven talents, Walker has potential, we have a lot of options with our tall forws, other than Gunston its all unknown, we have plenty of wings, Inside Mids are a weakness as we get beaten too easily with this group, our ruck are a huge problem as none are up to the standard needed with Ceglar scared of contact and losing any competitiveness he once had.

Last edited:
What’s the hold up on the unsigned players? Cap space shouldn’t be an issue.

Scrimshaw 2 or 3 year deal
Greaves 2 year deal (rookie elevation)
Moore 1 or 2 year deal
Walker 1 year deal
Koschitzke 1 year deal
Jeka 1 year deal
Jiath 1 year deal (rookie elevation)
Reeves 1 year deal
Brooksby 1 year deal (rookie list)

He'd want to learn how to tackle and mark overhead if he wants to in anyway be compared to a young Luke Bruest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the hold up on the unsigned players? Cap space shouldn’t be an issue.

Scrimshaw 2 or 3 year deal
Greaves 2 year deal (rookie elevation)
Moore 1 or 2 year deal
Walker 1 year deal
Koschitzke 1 year deal
Jeka 1 year deal
Jiath 1 year deal (rookie elevation)
Reeves 1 year deal
Brooksby 1 year deal (rookie list)
You’ve already condemned Jones for delisting ?

Looking to next season

Small Defenders - Day, Scrimshaw, Hardwick, Greaves, Jiath, Pepper
Tall Defenders - Frost, McEvoy, Hartley, Kosi (Sicily ACL)
Small Forwards - Breust, Burgoyne, Walker, Nash, Hanrahan, Morris
Tall Forwards - Gunston, Lewis, TOB, Patton, Jeka
Wingers - Smith, Wingard, Impey, Morrison, Moore, Scully
Inside Mids - T.Mitchell, Worpel, JOM, Cousins, Shiels, Maginness, Jones, Howe
Rucks - Ceglar, Brooksby, Reeves

Sml Def is a strength of ours, we have a banged up ruck as a KPD, Frost and 2 potentially good KPDs so it seems OK for now, Sml Forws is a weakness with only Breust and Burgoyne as proven talents, Walker has potential, we have a lot of options with our tall forws, other than Gunston its all unknown, we have plenty of wings, Inside Mids are a weakness as we get beaten too easily with this group, our ruck are a huge problem as none are up to the standard needed with Ceglar scared of contact and losing any competitiveness he once had.
Might need to change Nash's category as he's certainly bigger than Gunston.

Might need to change Nash's category as he's certainly bigger than Gunston.

That's one of the problems with Nash - where does he play? What is his position?

Is he a tall forward? Is he a small forward who happens to be tall? Does he play on the wing?

What are his strengths?

I actually wouldn't know where to place him in a starting 18, and I can't see where or how he fits into our team.

That's one of the problems with Nash - where does he play? What is his position?

Is he a tall forward? Is he a small forward who happens to be tall? Does he play on the wing?

What are his strengths?

I actually wouldn't know where to place him in a starting 18, and I can't see where or how he fits into our team.

Reckon his only spot is as a (tall) small pressure forward. Skills not up to scratch to play back or on the wing, and not great in the air. Needs to learn to tackle, run up and back and take his scoring opportunities on the turnover or from pressure.

Goal kicking is different to field kicking. Poppy started down back but skills were shocking. He went forward and found a way. Nash needs to do the same. Worth a shot.

Reckon his only spot is as a (tall) small pressure forward. Skills not up to scratch to play back or on the wing, and not great in the air. Needs to learn to tackle, run up and back and take his scoring opportunities on the turnover or from pressure.

Goal kicking is different to field kicking. Poppy started down back but skills were shocking. He went forward and found a way. Nash needs to do the same. Worth a shot.

That's where I potentially see him playing - as a (tall) small forward.

Unfortunately, if he doesn't solidify himself in this position, I can't see him playing anywhere else.

I see that as us needing to fix his skill, fitness & consistency in the hope that he can be Best 22.

Without that (almost) complete transformation - if he's B22 then we're in 2015 form & can carry him or we're not playing finals

Needs to present in great nick for pre season, hard to believe this is his fifth coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back