List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Burgoyne being in the top 10 highest paid players at the club. What compensation pick will we get. A pick in the 40s or 50s?

It's not about what he gets here, it's about what he will be getting at Gold Coast, with a little bit of the herbs and spices the AFL throws on for good measure.

If he gets a Daniel Wells type deal for 3 years, we'll probably get a pick in the 40s or 50s. We could also potentially get nothing.

It's not about what he gets here, it's about what he will be getting at Gold Coast, with a little bit of the herbs and spices the AFL throws on for good measure.

If he gets a Daniel Wells type deal for 3 years, we'll probably get a pick in the 40s or 50s. We could also potentially get nothing.

It's at the AFL's discretion lets not kid ourselves, should Burgoyne leave we're a lock to get absolutely nothing.

When are we expecting lost announcements to start? Do delistings start now, or not til after the season

Exit interviews this week I presume.

A few of the other non finals clubs have started filtering through with de-listings and retirements.

North only have Goldstein and 1 other player on their O.O.C list left.

I was always curious as to why clubs announce delistings any sooner than that last minute possible. You never know who might end up as trade bait. Also, what advantage does an early delisting give a player? He can start talking to other clubs? His manager can do that if he's trade bait as well, no?

Unless he's an absolute no-hoper and won't offer any sort of trade value to anyone then I would not delist until forced by the rules. But I don't really konw what the right answer is.

I was always curious as to why clubs announce delistings any sooner than that last minute possible. You never know who might end up as trade bait. Also, what advantage does an early delisting give a player? He can start talking to other clubs? His manager can do that if he's trade bait as well, no?

Unless he's an absolute no-hoper and won't offer any sort of trade value to anyone then I would not delist until forced by the rules. But I don't really konw what the right answer is.
It’s fairer on the player so they have more info/time to work on their career.

Hendo is one of those no-hopers you speak of. As is Ceglar. Some players definitely have more appeal if they can be added for free.

I’m sure that players with trade currency won’t be de-listed just yet, for obvious reasons.

Need to clear the books plus players need to know where they’re at ASAP so they have time to get shopped around by his manager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn’s 2020 list is starting to take shape, with five promising young Hawks signing new one-year deals this week.

The quintet consists of second-year players Jackson Ross and Harrison Jones, along with first years Damon Greaves, Will Golds and Ned Reeves.

It's not looking good.. that's all I know.
Heavy reliance on a couple young Irish boys.

If Patton struggles next year and we don't have Poppy, Burgoyne, Smith, Birchall, Schoey, Ceglar and Roughy we will be adding to our trophy cabinet. It just will be made of wood, not silver.

Or are you thinking Patton comes back from a knee to kick 70, Mitchell comes back from a broken leg to win the brownlow and Impey comes back early to star?

I am a loyal member since before you were born I suspect. I have no issue taking a couple steps back to take three forward.

Please don't confuse my version of reality with descent. Only those with the Rosiest of glasses think we will improve next season, though I'll be more than happy if it happens.

Feel free to respond with more quality comments.

Or are you thinking Patton comes back from a knee to kick 70, Mitchell comes back from a broken leg to win the brownlow and Impey comes back early to star?

I am a loyal member since before you were born I suspect. I have no issue taking a couple steps back to take three forward.

Please don't confuse my version of reality with descent. Only those with the Rosiest of glasses think we will improve next season, though I'll be more than happy if it happens.

Agree. We need to keep some experience and others, so we have depth...

How else do you think people interpret your comments? Reality vs descent? You had intimated that we would come last. If that isn't descent then what is?

It's not looking good.. that's all I know.
Heavy reliance on a couple young Irish boys.

If Patton struggles next year and we don't have Poppy, Burgoyne, Smith, Birchall, Schoey, Ceglar and Roughy we will be adding to our trophy cabinet. It just will be made of wood, not silver.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back