Silly Season - ALL RUMOURS, TRADE SUGGESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS HERE

Remove this Banner Ad

What the thread title says.

We, the posters of the Brisbane Lions Board, hereby reserve the right to tear any BS rumours or ill-considered trade suggestions to shreds if we feel so inclined*. And generally we do.

Not to say that we won't welcome serious discussion, but as a great line in a great movie went: If the milk turns out to be sour, we ain't the kind of pussies to drink it.

Also, from this point on, any threads started in this vain on this board will be merged into this one.

* - Try to be kind people.

What the thread title says.

We, the posters of the Brisbane Lions Board, hereby reserve the right to tear any BS rumours or ill-considered trade suggestions to shreds if we feel so inclined*. And generally we do.

brad miller to lions for Moody and our best wishes.
rationale - miller, hard working big bodied CHF to play when Brown is out suspended and/or injured. (7 games) can cover CHB when out injured or suspended (5 games)
Moody can play link man like johnstone at dees.

game on.

Okay, here it is, the biggest trade rumour that the Lions will be involved in this coming mad week.

They wont bother with any trades, they are already putting together a very handy list, with the addition of a few drafts, there's no need to, just for the sake of being party to the madness.

Okay, here it is, the biggest trade rumour that the Lions will be involved in this coming mad week.

They wont bother with any trades, they are already putting together a very handy list, with the addition of a few drafts, there's no need to, just for the sake of being party to the madness.

That post sounds too sane and makes too much sense for 'silly season'. Should not be allowed. :eek:

a proposed offer for wood from richmond

g'day - word is wood wants out, im sure you are pretty disappointed but hey - charman and leunberger aint a bad two to still have!

there is a bit of word that richmond and carlton are woking towards a deal for judd to slip into the PSD and be taken by carlton. richmond would attain pick 3 - and richmond would give up pick 18 and krakour or hyde(someone irrelevant)

this is all purely fantasy stuff perhaps - but isn't everything till it happens?

how would you guys feel about richmond trading pick 3 to brisbane for pick 8 and wood?

everyone knows the that top 3 or 4 players in this draft are above the rest - but we need a ruckman, and i believe we have much interest in a fella in the draft who is somewhere between that range(pick8)

if you feel something else is needed to make it a "sweeter" candy - i would offer up either our 3rd rounder (which is about 36) or Jay schulz - a still young, forward who we took back with pick15 in about 2002 or 03.

he has shown potential - but also frustrated many, i won't lie - but there is definitely something worth while in him if the right coach can bring it out - and some genuine muscle can be put on - i would imagine he alongside brown, clark and possibly bradshaw would also make his life easier

happy trading :)

Re: a proposed offer for wood from richmond

An extra 5 spots in the draft is very little. How about Wood for your first round pick, and just to be fair, we'll throw in a 3rd rounder to sweeten the deal.:)

I would take that, there is a lot of talk about us needing the best quality midfielder possible, this would allow us to take either Morton or Cotchin, i would also then want to swap our 2nd rd pick for Richmonds

An extra 5 spots in the draft is very little. How about Wood for your first round pick, and just to be fair, we'll throw in a 3rd rounder to sweeten the deal.:)

don't be silly mate - pick 3 guarantee's you a brilliant player - morton, palmer, henderson, ebert, musten - all will be gone before pick 8 - pick 3 i a brilliant pick to end up with considering it was to be the main pick in getting judd - a player 5times the player of wood

i think 3 and schulz or pick 36 (personally i think u should go schulz - he is a steal for pick 36)

for

pick 8 and wood.

i honestly think that for you guys to lose wood and somehow end up with pick 3 in a draft with only 4-5 "Standout" is a big coop for you guys.

i mean last year richmond traded pick 8 and 38(or something) for pick 13 and polak.

the deal i propose for wood is much better than that one - twice as good IMO

don't be silly mate - pick 3 guarantee's you a brilliant player - morton, palmer, henderson, ebert, musten - all will be gone before pick 8 - pick 3 i a brilliant pick to end up with considering it was to be the main pick in getting judd - a player 5times the player of wood

i think 3 and schulz or pick 36 (personally i think u should go schulz - he is a steal for pick 36)

for

pick 8 and wood.

i honestly think that for you guys to lose wood and somehow end up with pick 3 in a draft with only 4-5 "Standout" is a big coop for you guys.

i mean last year richmond traded pick 8 and 38(or something) for pick 13 and polak.

the deal i propose for wood is much better than that one - twice as good IMO

I don't think there's any chance we'd be interested in Schulz. Also I'm not sure how many picks we will be having, but if it's only 3 then the 3rd round pick essentially becomes an upgraded 3rd round pick.

Collingwood supporters are offering their first round pick, and that to me is a lot better offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there's any chance we'd be interested in Schulz. Also I'm not sure how many picks we will be having, but if it's only 3 then the 3rd round pick essentially becomes an upgraded 3rd round pick.

Collingwood supporters are offering their first round pick, and that to me is a lot better offer.
I think Schulz wouldnt be so bad - can play foward and defence so its gives us either help for browny & Braddles at CHB or allow braddles to play foward instead

I think he is a bit maligned TBH and a second chance will be just the thing he needs

I'm with the Reepah.
Two 1st rounders would be preferable IMO than just an upgrade to 3.

Pick 3 doesn't guarantee a thing.
Drafts are littered with examples of very early draft picks that have not been what has been promised. Midfielders such as Selwood, Del Santo, Bartel, & Joel Corey were not first 3 picks, yet all 1st round picks. Would take anyone of them over Des Headland!!!

I would love to see the Lions pick up any 2 of these types with 1st rounders. There will be numerous midfielders still left at pick 8 & onwards that will become excellent AFL footballers.

To have a couple of bites of the cherry in the 1st round will do me (preferably in the top 10).

pick 3 shits on pick 15 and 8 IMO.

if your not interested in schulz then we will trade you your 2ndd rounder for pick 18 also.

so its 8, woods, 26

for

pick 3 and 18 and maybe 36 ( pick 3 & 20 was what carlton were initially offering for Judd - this trumps that )

our 2nd rounder is only 3 short of collingwoods 1st rounder - bargain

pick 3 shits on pick 15 and 8 IMO.

if your not interested in schulz then we will trade you your 3d rounder for pick 19 also.

so its 8, woods, 39

for

pick 3 and 19

That's more like it:

Trade with Collingwood = we get picks 8, 14, 25 (41)
Trade with Richmond = we get picks 3, 19, 25 (57)

If we were only wanting to take 3 picks, I would probably lean towards the Richmond deal then.

Ash McGrath - is he contracted, does he still want to come home?
Matthew Moody - Apparently wanted out last year, has he been delisted or is he up for trade?
Justin Sherman - Contracted, but is he happy?

Thoughts?

That's more like it:

Trade with Collingwood = we get picks 8, 14, 25 (41)
Trade with Richmond = we get picks 3, 19, 25 (57)

If we were only wanting to take 3 picks, I would probably lean towards the Richmond deal then.

i actually changed it - as i fell that the original one didn't pay enough respect to pick 3

trade with richmond and ur trade picks look like

3, 18 & 35 (41)

pick 3 is a massive pick in this draft - could be morton or cotchin compared to rance or henderson

i actually changed it - as i fell that the original one didn't pay enough respect to pick 3

trade with richmond and ur trade picks look like

3, 18 & 35 (41)

pick 3 is a massive pick in this draft - could be morton or cotchin compared to rance or henderson

Well you're a dodgy negotiator then.:p In that case I prefer Collingwood's offer. By the way, rumoured Judd offers are not a solid foundation for you to be basing player values on.

A little divided on this one.
Pick 3 could be a blue chip midfielder.
But if we can get pick 9 for Wood two picks in the top 10 is probably preferable.

Too late. Grimreepah has put it onto the fax machine already!

haha - he is a quick mover!

either way you guys will get a good deal with wood - and with leu and charman your ruck is still awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back