drewgle

Rookie
Mar 11, 2001
Linda Crescent
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
That was a quote from Luke Darcy early in the year. If you have a copy of the Hawks vs Dogs game (the 1 when Curley ran into the ump) the commentators mention it also. Look also for a pass from Cox through the pack onto the chest of Smith.

If he can add the necessary dedication then he will be a good addition to our side. Rather than condemn him because he is a recycled player, it seems the club is getting a bit better each year with their picks.

Think about it Grendel and others, the first choice recently was Young. What an out and out disaster - no other words for it. Next came Dent - was just passable in the ones but did some good things with BHH and helped the young guys a lot. Won best clubman after all. So Dent was a big improvement on Young.

Now comes Cox - good skills and maybe will provide the necessary application. Is younger than Barlow when he was recruited. Already I think he is an improvement on Dent.

So come on guys - give him a go. If he has been delisted by this time next year then I will admit the club was wrong, but I will at least wait until then to condemn him.

I'm coming around on Coxy. I might have moaned and groaned the second I heard Tony Shaw attempt to pronounce his surname when we drafted him, but I think he will be okay.

He was too good to be cut from the Dogs. I still reckon somethin' sus is up with that. He isn't wearing 36 next year, but he will be donning Croady's ol' 24. He has a killer left foot pass. He can play tall, play forward, and play short and running.

I have a feeling he won't join the #36 recycled half-back hack club, and hopefully he will be a solid contributor at Hawthorn and/or Box Hill.

The Hitman

Originally posted by The Hitman
He isn't wearing 36 next year, but he will be donning Croady's ol' 24.

The Hitman

How'd you find that out? Do you know what Guernsey the other new recruits are/will be wearing too?

Sammy Mitchell - 28

Lones - 12

Hodgey - 15

Dont know any others yet.....Hitter , what about you ?

Originally posted by ricohawk
Sammy Mitchell - 28

Lones - 12

Hodgey - 15

Dont know any others yet.....Hitter , what about you ?

Those are the four I know. I remember asking Ladson and Elstone, but they didn't have a clue.

I'll post when I know.

The Hitman

Originally posted by slinky
i don't mind simon cox at hawthorn, in fact he's reasonablly skilled player.
Get a hold of the bulldogs VS Stkilda game if you can and have a look at some of his passes.I promise you wont be dissapointed to hear Paul Salmon refer to 2 or 3 of his passes to Grant as scud missiles.BTW it was round 16.

Originally posted by dogboy23
Get a hold of the bulldogs VS Stkilda game if you can and have a look at some of his passes.I promise you wont be dissapointed to hear Paul Salmon refer to 2 or 3 of his passes to Grant as scud missiles.BTW it was round 16.

No, I'm not dissapointed, as i said he's an okay player!

Hey DogBoy, if you are still around, what did you think of losing Cox? Was there something in the rumours, because he seemed too good just to be de-listed?

Originally posted by drewgle
Hey DogBoy, if you are still around, what did you think of losing Cox? Was there something in the rumours, because he seemed too good just to be de-listed?
I know someone at the club and they assured me there was nothing to the rumours.Westy won the players award so thats enough for me.I was pissed off we let go of Cox but then i realised that we are rebuilding and he certainly wont be around by the time we are ready to challenge for another premiership so we were better off giving our kids a go.For you guys on the other hand he will be worth it.Although your list is stronger than ours you are in the phase of challenging and an established player with great skills like Cox could tip you over the edge if he has a good year.Much the same as our attempts to get a flag in 98 and 99 by getting players like Winmar for a season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back