Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

How’d you go about it?

We had 2 standing room tickets, 1 adult, 1 child, my 2 daughters (15 & 18 but both look about 14) went in first and the plan was the eldest was to try and scan out both tickets. She came out about 10 minutes later and thought she had scanned both out. When we went to get back in my ticket didn't work and said I was already in. I got sent over to the supervisor who checked my ticket. Went through a whole kerfuffle telling the guy I hadn't been in, and me and my daughter just got there. Showed the guy my email with the tickets I bought and in the end the guy just said there must be some mistake and just let me in. Not really a rock solid plan but I had a ticket to the live site at punt rd anyway in case I couldn't get in. We worked out after that scanning out doesn't work unless the turnstile also is clicked over so will know better if there's a next time.

Jack Dyer medal night we found out where the after party was, my daughter had made friends with some of the AFLW players, who snuck her in using the name of one of the girls who wasnt there. I went for the ballsy approach and walked straight past the queue and straight past security. Thought I was cactus when one of the security followed me in and grabbed me by the arm, when I turned round thinking I would be ejected he just said that I'd forgotten to get a wristband, lol, happy days he gave me a wristband and we were there till about 4am.

Looks like 2020 version of this thread is going to have a different theme to it. The major problem with Victorians won't getting into the ground, the problem will be getting into QLD.

If your going to try to do it by land the three major problems are going to be -
- getting out of Metro Melbourne
- crossing from Vic into NSW
- crossing from NSW into QLD.
Could an alternative be to go from Vic to QLD via SA.

Any Ideas ???

I have a friend that can help. He runs a vacuum repair shop.

Looks like 2020 version of this thread is going to have a different theme to it. The major problem with Victorians won't getting into the ground, the problem will be getting into QLD.

If your going to try to do it by land the three major problems are going to be -
- getting out of Metro Melbourne
- crossing from Vic into NSW
- crossing from NSW into QLD.
Could an alternative be to go from Vic to QLD via SA.

Any Ideas ???

What you need:
Parachute
Trebuchet construction materials

Boat from Docklands - make sure it’s extremely large - preferably a supercontainer
Out past the 12km limit
Follow the 12km limit up the East Coast
While underway, build a giant trebuchet on the deck
Pull up as close as you can off Brisbane to the Gabba
Fire yourself at the Gabba using said trebuchet
Land in the stands with the parachute

Pretty simple

What you need:
Parachute
Trebuchet construction materials

Boat from Docklands - make sure it’s extremely large - preferably a supercontainer
Out past the 12km limit
Follow the 12km limit up the East Coast
While underway, build a giant trebuchet on the deck
Pull up as close as you can off Brisbane to the Gabba
Fire yourself at the Gabba using said trebuchet
Land in the stands with the parachute

Pretty simple
Post to user name correlation

We had 2 standing room tickets, 1 adult, 1 child, my 2 daughters (15 & 18 but both look about 14) went in first and the plan was the eldest was to try and scan out both tickets. She came out about 10 minutes later and thought she had scanned both out. When we went to get back in my ticket didn't work and said I was already in. I got sent over to the supervisor who checked my ticket. Went through a whole kerfuffle telling the guy I hadn't been in, and me and my daughter just got there. Showed the guy my email with the tickets I bought and in the end the guy just said there must be some mistake and just let me in. Not really a rock solid plan but I had a ticket to the live site at punt rd anyway in case I couldn't get in. We worked out after that scanning out doesn't work unless the turnstile also is clicked over so will know better if there's a next time.

Jack Dyer medal night we found out where the after party was, my daughter had made friends with some of the AFLW players, who snuck her in using the name of one of the girls who wasnt there. I went for the ballsy approach and walked straight past the queue and straight past security. Thought I was cactus when one of the security followed me in and grabbed me by the arm, when I turned round thinking I would be ejected he just said that I'd forgotten to get a wristband, lol, happy days he gave me a wristband and we were there till about 4am.

You forgot your wristband

Attachments

• A5DC3C6D-6D73-491B-A729-18757E3D2C61.jpeg
    A5DC3C6D-6D73-491B-A729-18757E3D2C61.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 55

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got my son into the 2017 GF after quarter time. Always brings a smile to my face knowing the crowd number should read 1 more. Him being in there with my other son and I was priceless final siren.

Can't leave everyone hanging. How did you do it?
Well....
Flew over to Melbourne with the two boys after only being able to secure 2 tickets to the GF. Tickets were the Krakouer brothers.
So decided my 6 year old would come into the MCG with me and the eldest would go to Punt Rd Live.
We said our goodbyes and off we went.
Once in our seats the young bloke and I got set. 8 minutes (I remember distinctly) I noticed an empty seat next to the bloke sitting next to us. Said we couldn’t believe it and I said if it is empty come quarter time I’m getting the other boy in.
With 6 minutes to play I ring the boy and tell him get to gate 6 pronto. siren sounds and off I dash. By now the whole section I am sitting with are in on it. They all promise to watch the 6 year old (Tigers and Crows). This is his first ever live game of football and he Is being babysat by 100000. Go get him in.
Plan was to scan out the two tickets but security at the gates were watching like hawks. I scan mine out and find the boy out front of gate 6. Defeated I tell him the plan never worked we are stuffed. He says no way Dad I have just bolted here. So I quickly formulate a plan of desperation. I say to him Righto follow me.
I scan my ticket and all green then my son presents his, red, still in ground. I play the game and ask the bloke what is going on on? My son is right here not in the ground! Try again, same red lights. I’m start get a little edged telling the bloke c’mon mate, the siren is sounding and we are missing the action. He calls his supervisor. She comes over asks what the problem is and I tell her. Hang on and she pulls out her magic wand and waves it over the ticket. Try now...bingo we re in.
As we walk through the gate the cited son asks me, loudly, where are we sitting dad? I’m tell him in no uncertain terms to shut up and get moving.
As we start the walk up the steps to our seats the whole section erupts with a cheer, brilliant. Get him up here, come on young fella grab your seat. Proud as punch sitting there with both my boys. The moment was magic and every single star and planet aligned to make it possible.
Then to be able to share that final siren moment with them both just makes your day.
For the record the 6 year old was able to tell me what I had missed and he never missed a beat. The legend Tiger and Crows supporters made that happen.

Well....
Flew over to Melbourne with the two boys after only being able to secure 2 tickets to the GF. Tickets were the Krakouer brothers.
So decided my 6 year old would come into the MCG with me and the eldest would go to Punt Rd Live.
We said our goodbyes and off we went.
Once in our seats the young bloke and I got set. 8 minutes (I remember distinctly) I noticed an empty seat next to the bloke sitting next to us. Said we couldn’t believe it and I said if it is empty come quarter time I’m getting the other boy in.
With 6 minutes to play I ring the boy and tell him get to gate 6 pronto. siren sounds and off I dash. By now the whole section I am sitting with are in on it. They all promise to watch the 6 year old (Tigers and Crows). This is his first ever live game of football and he Is being babysat by 100000. Go get him in.
Plan was to scan out the two tickets but security at the gates were watching like hawks. I scan mine out and find the boy out front of gate 6. Defeated I tell him the plan never worked we are stuffed. He says no way Dad I have just bolted here. So I quickly formulate a plan of desperation. I say to him Righto follow me.
I scan my ticket and all green then my son presents his, red, still in ground. I play the game and ask the bloke what is going on on? My son is right here not in the ground! Try again, same red lights. I’m start get a little edged telling the bloke c’mon mate, the siren is sounding and we are missing the action. He calls his supervisor. She comes over asks what the problem is and I tell her. Hang on and she pulls out her magic wand and waves it over the ticket. Try now...bingo we re in.
As we walk through the gate the cited son asks me, loudly, where are we sitting dad? I’m tell him in no uncertain terms to shut up and get moving.
As we start the walk up the steps to our seats the whole section erupts with a cheer, brilliant. Get him up here, come on young fella grab your seat. Proud as punch sitting there with both my boys. The moment was magic and every single star and planet aligned to make it possible.
Then to be able to share that final siren moment with them both just makes your day.
For the record the 6 year old was able to tell me what I had missed and he never missed a beat. The legend Tiger and Crows supporters made that happen.

The best post of this entire thread.

Great job.

Memories to last a lifetime 👌

Dont know about GF, but I managed tonights PF.

I had a legitimate ticket, but due to high demand on the wifi network, it wouldnt load. My mate got through, but i coudlnt even get onto the link ticketek sent me.

A girl at the gate was saying 'if you can show an email or something its okay'

The first email I found from ticketek was actually to an SANFL sf 2 weeks ago.

With the rush at the gate and high pressure, she accepted it as she saw it was from ticketek.

Might be a good tactic to get into the GF next week.

Claim you cant get access to your GF ticket that ticketMASTER sent you due to wifi issues. Then show an email to a game earlier in the season. In the panic they might wave you through like they did me tonight!

Dont know about GF, but I managed tonights PF.

I had a legitimate ticket, but due to high demand on the wifi network, it wouldnt load. My mate got through, but i coudlnt even get onto the link ticketek sent me.

A girl at the gate was saying 'if you can show an email or something its okay'

The first email I found from ticketek was actually to an SANFL sf 2 weeks ago.

With the rush at the gate and high pressure, she accepted it as she saw it was from ticketek.

Might be a good tactic to get into the GF next week.

Claim you cant get access to your GF ticket that ticketMASTER sent you due to wifi issues. Then show an email to a game earlier in the season. In the panic they might wave you through like they did me tonight!

I know so many people with devastated kids who's whole world is Port (as it is when you are that age) who couldn't get a ticket tonight despite being willing to pay through the nose and the fact you snuck in and took up a seat at a game you had no stake in is pretty repugnant.

The fu** are you on about, the guy had a ticket he paid for he didn’t take someone else’s seat it was his.
If someone wants to go to a footy match their team is not involved in and pay for and receive a ticket that’s there business and none of yours.

Apologies, I hold my hand up as a complete dumbass, I missed the part where he said he had a legitimate ticket. 100% retraction I thought he was just a chancer who turned up. Gotta read a bit better 😅

Apologies, I hold my hand up as a complete dumbass, I missed the part where he said he had a legitimate ticket. 100% retraction I thought he was just a chancer who turned up. Gotta read a bit better 😅
If it’s just a misunderstanding, I’ve deleted my previous post.

no point keeping up a spray like that for an honest mistake.

The fu** are you on about, the guy had a ticket he paid for he didn’t take someone else’s seat it was his.
If someone wants to go to a footy match their team is not involved in and pay for and receive a ticket that’s there business and none of yours.
Knew I wouldnt get in so normally, so I stumped up the $425 for the corporate package through the Richmond FC. (Wouldnt have normally gone, but mate hadnt been to AO before and he wanted to go)

Yeah, I bullshitted my way through the incompetant AO staff. But that's on them and me thinking on my feet, rather than missing half the first quarter to do things honourably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back