FTA-TV So You Think You Can Dance Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree. But shes not bad looking :)

77166042.jpg

Did anyone find it weird, one of the contestants saying, "I'm from Sydney Australia" when it's an Australian show then later a ballroom couple say that they are Aussies and want to do Australia proud. WTF?:confused:

I imagine they would of thought they were trying out for the original (American) So You Think You Can Dance :eek:

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! :eek:
I can't stand that lady, she is one of the most annoying people ever!!
But you make a good point, the Aussie judges are better than her, not that I have any idea who they are....

You'll be pleased to know that the Aussie producers are trying to get her over here for a guest judging spot during one of the elimination weeks :D

I actually don't mind her... until she does the whole shrieking routine.

The show is ridiculous. I was actually looking forward to watching some episodes after catching the last bit of the US version.

However, if I have to see:

a) Nat Bassingthwaite chase down a crying contestant that has been kicked out to give a 'reassuring hug' just outside the doors of the theatre

b) Somone start to tear up and search frantically for a sob story to persuade the judges to let them stay in the competition, regardless of dancing ability

c) Have to see the judges fall for these bullshit stories (I thought it was a dancing show, not a who can bring up the worst upbringing, family member death, or personal sob story show) actually cave in and let the contestants through

I think I will vomit. The whole show is one big nauseating cliche, with little emphasis on the dance (Not to say there aren't some good dancers in there). Credibility has been thrown out the window. :thumbsdown:

How did Courtney get through? She stuffed up every time. The judges only put her through cause she's hot.

I guess I answered my own question.:rolleyes:

I don't mind it overall, its easy to watch, however, I also have many problems with it.

1. The inconsistencies. First, those girls who cracked the sh*ts when told no were given a second chance, while those who were unlucky weren't given another go.

Then the worst thing I think I've seen on reality tv, those poor contestants who were kicked out from Sydney just before doing their first dance. Atleast let them do their dance d*ckheads, instead of just crushing them for the purposes of drama and being able to say "the competition was cut throat".

I also hate how many are dragged through with their sob stories and get second and third chances becaus they make good tv.

2. The set they used for the top 20 notification. The narration said that they were about to embark "on the longest walk of their lives". That's because the warehouse is bloody 3km's long. Stupidest looking set ever.

3. Nathalie Bassingthwaite. Pathetic host. I'm over all the hugs, and her nose just puts me off for some reason.

4. The soundtrack. Its the same few songs over and over again. Get some more! Not to mention the continued use of Rogue Traders crap.

5. The highlights package's for the top 20 show. We had to recap the dancers who have been featured for the whol show, seeing their story not for the second, or third time, but about the sixth time.

Meanwhile, other contestants who I've never ever seen before, get a little "you're in" tap, and thats it. Hmmmm, I wonder who's going to get voted out first? Maybe the ones no-one knows?

6. These dancers fashion sense. I hate the street fashion, and the way they wear their hats. Mind you it/s probably a good thing I'm not on it, for a start i can't dance, but ontop of that I would be walking everywhere in boardshorts and a KISS shirt.

7. The way every contestant talks about dancing as a means of life. How they are "free", and can express themselves.

8. The way the contestants are dancing "for their lives!" For gods sake its a sh*tty dance comp, not the Gladiator arena from Rome.

9. The lame speeches the contestants make to try and stay in.

There's more but it slips my mind at this moment.

Othe than that though its an acceptable show, better than that Biggest Loser cry-fest.

All very good tonight, very hard to split, my favourites possibly Graeme and Demi.

before the part of the show where the aboriginal guy was about to perform, they put up some text saying something like, "the next segment contains footage of a deceased indigenious woman..." or something similar. What's the deal with that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The US version of the show is so much better.

Natalie Bassingthwaite is cringeworthy. Seeing her read the autocue and she looks like she has her eyes half closed tonight with all of that

Agree about the comments about he soundtrack. It really is the same few songs over and over again. Rogue Traders and the Veronicas on repeat constantly (and both bands are rubbish).

Yawn, the eliminations are so boring and Natalie's 'comfort' of the dancers after they are out is cringeworthy

Yawn, the eliminations are so boring and Natalie's 'comfort' of the dancers after they are out is cringeworthy

Don't watch it then. No one's forcing you to.:rolleyes:

Courtney was the right decision last night. A bit disappointed Khaly was eliminated.

they should change the name of the show to the Jason Gilkinson circle jerk hour.

Honestly, how many time do we need to hear how brillaint he is? Its sickening they way they heap praise on him.

He really is genius but. Vanessa and Henri's routine last night was awesome.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back