South Africa v Australia in SA [5 ODIs 2023 (Sep 7-Sep 17)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we pick whichever team best prepares us for the World Cup. Not give new shiny things a go so the fans get some new trappings for the eyes.
Then Ellis, David, Hardie are in WC prep plans and not only new shiny things with trappings for the fans, as they played all three in this game as I suggested.

Last edited:
Does Australia give Tim David another go in the 3rd ODI? Right now Australia are just giving different players a chance to have a go before the World Cup.

One would think Tim David probably isnt in Australias best XI right now. But one cant disregard his IPL experience in India in this current season.

This has been a fabulous line-and-length bowling display here from Aaron Hardie, and he gets duly rewarded with his first international wicket! I already like this guy more than Green, at least in the shorter formats. I think Green should be dropped from the World Cup. Green needs to go back to WA and improve his technique and temperament in both the batting and bowling departments. Far too defensive. Shows not enough aggression. Hardie has shown it with both parts of his game.

Green has actually done really well in T20 and ODI because he is aggressive. i think alot of peoples frustration of him is at Test level he does tend to get bogged down, waiting for the bad ball to come.

I assume green starts in the first test, if he gets a hit he'll score heavily against teams like Pakistan and WI on our home decks.

Green has actually done really well in T20 and ODI because he is aggressive. i think alot of peoples frustration of him is at Test level he does tend to get bogged down, waiting for the bad ball to come.

I assume green starts in the first test, if he gets a hit he'll score heavily against teams like Pakistan and WI on our home decks.
I don't think Green will be picked in front of MM.

Then Ellis, David, Hardie are in WC prep plans and not only new shiny things with trappings for the fans, as they played all three in this game as I suggested.
Huh? I never said that's what they'd do. Just that's what I'd hope they'd do.

You never suggested they would either. You were just imploring them to do so.

Yep for tests.

I know people keep banging on about the future, but Green doesn't deserve a spot in front of MM.

He's badly out of form.
Needs to get a mountain of runs to force himself back in IMO.
Mitch Marsh didn't perform as well as people think he did, they are just remembering his fantastic comeback game. After that, it was diminishing returns, heading back towards his career average. The Ashes is a tough tour for a young cricketer, Green will learn. And I think he benefits by getting a chance to front up against Pakistan and the Windies on home decks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Marsh didn't perform as well as people think he did, they are just remembering his fantastic comeback game. After that, it was diminishing returns, heading back towards his career average. The Ashes is a tough tour for a young cricketer, Green will learn. And I think he benefits by getting a chance to front up against Pakistan and the Windies on home decks.

100%. His 5th test was really disappointing, soft dismissal where if he'd made 20-30 we'd have won the test. Instead he formed part of the collapse.

We know we are going to dominate the WI, why not play a younger guy who has potential.

He still averaged 50 compared to Green's 20.

Green has been out of form for a while.
Didn't do much in the WTC with the bat either.

Then he got sconned in the ODI.
He's out of form.
Marsh isn't.

100%. His 5th test was really disappointing, soft dismissal where if he'd made 20-30 we'd have won the test. Instead he formed part of the collapse.

We know we are going to dominate the WI, why not play a younger guy who has potential.
Yeah

lets blame the loss on MM even though he averaged more than most of the others.

I'm a Green fan, but on form, he shouldn't be brought straight back in.

"why not play a younger guy who has potential."

How about why not pick a team on merit.

He's out of form.
Marsh isn't.

bruh the test before we went to England he scored a hundred in India. He also was excellent in the IPL.

bruh the test before we went to England he scored a hundred in India. He also was excellent in the IPL.
Let's be serious.
My Nanna could've made runs on that pitch.

It was was an absolute road.
The first innings scores were 480 and 571.

Since that test, he's played 4 more at an average of 16 and you think he deserves
to come straight back in?

Let's be serious.

Since that test, he's played 4 more at an average of 16 and you think he deserves

if your nanna could have made runs on the pitch why were we 4-170 and why did only Usman and Green make a hundred. Should have had your Nan in at first drop.

Let's be serious.

Youre Nanna must be a prized wicket on Xmas Day backyard cricket?

She is.

She got run out last year Jonny Bairstow style when she couldn't ground her zimmer frame in time.
Was harsh considering she only left her crease to pick up her false teeth.
Far out if you have to resort to knocking her teeth out with some short stuff and running her out afterwards she might have something to offer us

He's out of form.
Marsh isn't.
Heavily weighted to one innings, his first innings, with things going downhill after that. I love Mitch, but Green is tracking fine and should still be first choice for Tests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back