South Africa Vs West Indies (3 Tests, 3 T20s, 5 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

This one is the big wicket for the Windies!

Get one of these cheap after lunch and they will skittle them I reckon.

It's sad how bad the Windies are.

Its sad that all their best players are not playing..

Bravo not playing because of personal reasons, Gayle because he is living the 20/20 circuit, Dwayne Bravo and Pollard in Australia (I know Pollard hasn't played test cricket)

I loved watching the early 90's West Indies, one of the real influences of my love for the sport.

AB 20th test century and 5th against the Windies, The only other team he has had that success against is Australia.

Amla's 23rd test century and he has now scored a test century against all but Zimbabwe.

These two are just a pleasure to watch bat.

Great hundreds from the new Sanga and Mahela of world cricket. Let's be honest, they're better. :p

These hundreds were even better considering the ball was doing plenty through the day.

Really disappointing effort from the Windies though. They're lineup is weakened but they do have their full bowling setup.

The little burst by the West Indian bowlers when the score was on 57 looked a pretty promising sign for a competitive series, but the ease at which de Villiers and Amla were able to find boundaries meant the momentum changed back to South Africa remarkably quickly. Thought Benn might have been more of a threat, but he was pretty disappointing as he continually got his lengths wrong. Overall, a poor day by the West Indians, but it's not really shameful when it's a result of batsmen as good as these two getting going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good fightback
Good Fightback? That has to be close to the biggest understatement of the year in this forum. 3/57 to being 3/340 at stumps and the way that AB & Amla were looking it could end up being 3/540, although Alma is a very lucky man to still be out there, couldn't believe the bails didn't fall off.

Good Fightback? That has to be close to the biggest understatement of the year in this forum. 3/57 to being 3/340 at stumps and the way that AB & Amla were looking it could end up being 3/540, although Alma is a very lucky man to still be out there, couldn't believe the bails didn't fall off.

Yeah that was ridiculous! That was the break they needed, bring in the debutant with SA 4 for under 100, now they look like posting a enormous score and these two just don't look like getting out..

More records could tumble if they get through the first hour

Yeah that was ridiculous! That was the break they needed, bring in the debutant with SA 4 for under 100, now they look like posting a enormous score and these two just don't look like getting out..

More records could tumble if they get through the first hour
Already claimed record 4th wicket partnership for South Africa. Other records in danger given the way they were batting and the injury to Roach

Record Partnership v West Indies - 301 (Smith/Gibbs)
Record Partnerhip in South Africa - 368 (Smith/Gibbs)

If still there at lunch
Record Partnership for South Africa - 429 (Rudoph/Dipenaar)
Record 4th wicket partnership - 437 (Jayawardene/Samawareera)

All time 2nd highest partnership on pitch capable of getting a result - 467 (Jones/M Crowe - Wellington)*

*side notes
Smith/Gibbs have 3 partnerships of 300+
Current 2nd highest partnership was set in Colombo on a pitch that saw 6 centuries, 1489 runs scored and the loss of only 14 wickets.
Record partnership was scored in a match Sri Lanka won by innings & 153 runs v South Africa so is fair and reasonable to stand.

I know he is better at short form cricket but Dwayne Bravo has stated he wants to play tests and they should play him. Seen him do quite well against Aus in tests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back