South Africa Vs West Indies (3 Tests, 3 T20s, 5 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
West Indies missing a few for this series but have started well in the warm up game. All the same you would think this would be a cakewalk for South Africa.

What should be the realistic expectations for the West Indies in the tests? Force a draw or 2?

From an individual point of view always ;look forward to seeing De Villers bat for South Africa and for the West Indies intersted to watch jerome Taylor as he continues his come back. Seeemed like a really talented bowler a few years ago and the great hope for West Indies fast bowling but just had rotten luck with injury.

Devon Smith looks likely to return to the openers spot after a fair layoff. Made an unbeaten ton in the tour game with Samuels smashing a double century. Cottrell took five so might be a chance as part of their pace lineup.

Should we read anything into the Windies good performance in the warm up match or is this the type of thing that we have been fooled by before by the Windies?

I don't get why they don't play Dwayne Bravo in tests. I can remember him performing well in 2 test tours of aus.

Dwayne Bravo is not committed to test cricket, he's rather run around and make easy money in lucrative T20 competitions.

I hope Devon Smith gets a good crack at this time around, he's been such a consistent scorer in domestic cricket.

My test team would be-
Brathwaite, Smith, Johnson, Samuels, Chanderpaul, Blackwood, Ramdin ( c ), Benn, Taylor, Roach, Gabriel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dwayne Bravo is not committed to test cricket, he's rather run around and make easy money in lucrative T20 competitions.

I hope Devon Smith gets a good crack at this time around, he's been such a consistent scorer in domestic cricket.

My test team would be-
Brathwaite, Smith, Johnson, Samuels, Chanderpaul, Blackwood, Ramdin ( c ), Benn, Taylor, Roach, Gabriel.
Probably agree except surely Cotrell over Gabriel.

We should annihilate them but then again, we do usually start slowly.

Kemar Roach could be pretty dangerous on our pitches, especially with a pretty weak batting lineup.

Hoping Van Zyl makes his debut opening tonight in place of Peterson.

We should annihilate them but then again, we do usually start slowly.

Kemar Roach could be pretty dangerous on our pitches, especially with a pretty weak batting lineup.

Hoping Van Zyl makes his debut opening tonight in place of Peterson.

I think they've stated that Peterson has one last chance to keep his spot, and Van Zyl will debut at 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back