St Kilda, Sydney or Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

JuddyBuddy

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Who would you rather, week 1? Will no doubt be one of these three (barring some ridiculous chain of events).

And where would you rather play?

If we are forced to play Etihad...I don't mind playing the Swans, based on the result earlier this year. I really have no interest whatsoever in playing our first Melbourne final in 10 years at that plastic stadium tho.

Would give us a chance against the saints or bombers even if we played in my backyard, but it will obviously be at the G against either of those two.

To be honest I'd be confident of beating any of the above.

Essendon would be my preference because we are a far superior side to them and it would obviously be on the wide open space at the MCG.

Tough call between Sydney at Etihad and the Saints at the MCG. But again, confident we can beat them both.

West Coast can't still lose 2?
Let's just wait a little bit longer.

Is delusional optimism an oxymoron?
West Coast are playing some low quality sides in the next few weeks, I've been waiting and waiting for them to finally slip up but it hasn't happened and I can't see it happening before finals.

Sydney only need beat one of St Kilda, Geelong or Brisbane (SCG) to finish 8th. So round 24 is the decider. If they beat Brissy they are in, if they don't we'll probably play North (who i can see beating Freo and Richmond).

We can't fall out of 5th.

90% chance we'll play Sydney. 9% chance we'll play North. 1% chance we'll play Melbourne (who would need to beat Richmond, Gold Coast and Port at AAMI).

I know our aim is to win a final this year, but how empty would it be winning against Melbourne, North or Sydney @ home? If we fall to fifth, the team we play will be pretty crap, I think a Prelim should be the benchmark.

Sydney only need beat one of St Kilda, Geelong or Brisbane (SCG) to finish 8th. So round 24 is the decider. If they beat Brissy they are in, if they don't we'll probably play North (who i can see beating Freo and Richmond).

Hypothetical...without doing a ladder predictor...say North sneak in, which game would be at Etihad - Carl vs NM or Coll vs WC?

Hypothetical...without doing a ladder predictor...say North sneak in, which game would be at Etihad - Carl vs NM or Coll vs WC?

Collingwood would play at the MCG in every final in Melbourne, regardless of the club they face.

Carlton v North at the MCG may get 65,000+. Collingwood at the MCG in a final would get 85,000+ verse any opponent.

Who would get the home final at the MCG -- St. Kilda Vs Essendon or Carlton Vs. Sydney/North?

The problem for Melbourne is that they;

A) must win ALL of their games
B) must hope Sydney lose ALL of their games (the aforementioned Brisbane game at the end of the season).
C) must hope that North do not win out (Fremantle, St. Kilda, Richmond)
D) must hope Fremantle do not win two more games (North and Bulldogs with a heavy loss to the Pies sandwiched inbetween)

It's quite possible that the team that finishes eighth will have won 10 games.

I believe that it'll play out one through eight: Collingwood - Geelong - Hawthorn - West Coast - Carlton - St. Kilda - Essendon - Sydney - no change .. The only chance of this not happening is if Collingwood wind down their season to prepare for finals and Fremantle beat them but I don't see it at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood would play at the MCG in every final in Melbourne, regardless of the club they face.

Carlton v North at the MCG may get 65,000+. Collingwood at the MCG in a final would get 85,000+ verse any opponent.

And yet they only got low 50s versus Adelaide in the 2009 semi-final.
No way will they get 85K v WC, maybe 65K, 70K tops.

North are a sneaky chance to pinch 8th off of Sydney if Sydney fail to beat St Kilda tomorrow.

North have 2 very winnable games to come whilst Sydney have Geelong at skilled next week.

North are a sneaky chance to pinch 8th off of Sydney if Sydney fail to beat St Kilda tomorrow.

North have 2 very winnable games to come whilst Sydney have Geelong at skilled next week.

North play St Kilda next week, a game you would expect St Kilda to win & Sydney play Brisbane in Round 24, which should secure 8th position for Sydney.

If Sydney lose tomorrow and North beat the Saints next week it will be very close for 8th spot.

North are good enough to beat the Saints on their day.

Saints win tomorrow, I'll back the kangas to grab 8th. Surely that will be Sunday arvo at the G. Good result I'd say

If Sydney lose tomorrow and North beat the Saints next week it will be very close for 8th spot.

North are good enough to beat the Saints on their day.

According to the experts on the Main Board, St Kilda are the 3rd best team in the competition.;) All joking aside, North have not beaten a team in the 8 this season & St Kilda are travelling very well at the moment. Hard to see North beating St Kilda, unless Sydney beat up badly on them tomorrow & a number of key St Kilda players get injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back