News Stevie Motlop signs with North Warrnambool

Remove this Banner Ad

Up and down in his time here but arguably has the most memorable Showdown goal for Port and the most memorable Showdown mark for Port (in the PBs no less). Add in two excellent finals against his old team and we've got some great memories. Thanks Mots!

Enigmatic and mercurial, his best was a football treat.

He could be an infuriating player but when he was on Mots was great to watch.

All the best in your retirement Mots, your highlights reel will be something special.

He was a barometer player a lot of the time. Icing on the cake, just like in that Showdown.

Was given a very difficult role early on as the 'quarterback but forward', where we tried to play everything through him.

Lovely player when on and given a role he is suited to.

Well played mots. Loved the shake and bake in the showdown.

Will miss ya elite skills..

Was cooked in the end.

All the best Mots

Gives me hope that kern is going, more than anything else I've read or heard

Onya Mots

Probably got a few games he shouldn't have in the last couple of years but over his time at Port was a legend of a player who stood up in big games. Finger twirl might be the greatest onfield moment since that Hamish Hartlett hip and shoulder against Richmond.

Wish him success in whatever life brings him next.

[PLAYERCARD]Steven Motlop[/PLAYERCARD] Mark GIF by Port Adelaide FC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SM: "Now that I'm gone and don't need to worry about getting picked anymore I can finally admit that this bumpkin next to me has NFI and killed my chances of winning a premiership quicker than he killed that greyhound. Sack Hinkley."

Probably for the best. His best seemed behind him a couple years ago.
He had his moments, particularly in some big games but ultimately that was a massive trade blunder and Geelong who'll likely win the flag this year will be very pleased with that one.
What did we trade him for?

His best times were too few and far between, but he was a Port player, and so respect to him for his contribution to our great Club.

Sadly, time has passed him by, and he needed to be "harder", but always good to watch for the spectacular :p

That Showdown goal at the death was etched in my memory for eternity :D :D :D

All the best for the future, mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back