Surely the Bulldogs win is the greatest ever triumph in AFL/VFL history

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't bother with somebody with that view. Anyone who thinks that there was a calculated program of favouritism (I.e. A very complicated conspiracy), isn't worth engaging with. They are either disingenuous, stupid or both.

Occam's razor is a useful tool in this context. The number of assumptions one would have to make to assume a conspiracy has occurred (or any favouritism) is astounding. Anyone with even a rudimentary level of intelligence will recognise that. Idiots will continue to spout their rhetoric.

Never said it was calculated but everyone over last decade or so has the dogs as a 2nd favourite team or team other then their own they want to do well, and subconsciously maybe the umps did too.
Some of the decisions were very "fortunate" "plain wrong" and "timely" to say the least throughout the finals games.

By the way the stats back it up over the entire season.

Never said it was calculated but everyone over last decade or so has the dogs as a 2nd favourite team or team other then their own they want to do well, and subconsciously maybe the umps did too.
Some of the decisions were very "fortunate" "plain wrong" and "timely" to say the least throughout the finals games.

So by such reasoning we couldn't possibly win a flag that isn't tainted? I'm sure you had a similar view about Hawthorn, or any team that isn't Collingwood.

There were reasons for our free kick count that have nothing to do with implicit bias (contested possession count among them). Things that play far more of a factor in activating implicit bias are contextual factors like crowd noise and confusion (trust me, I am an academic that studies the phenomenon, and when laypeople like yourself say ignorant things it really grinds my gears). This is why West Coast has done so well over many years.

Even if we accept your (fatally flawed) reasoning, how could a flag effected by factors that are no responsibility of the players or club, and completely out of our control, things that taint our achievement? I think you do not understand basic concepts relating to responsibility and are a bit confused if you think we are tainted by some spurious implicit biases that others (and not we) have or could possibly do anything about.

I mean really, you could say such post hoc bs about Leicester ("everyone wanted them to win!"). Ultimately you are making a claim about people's decision making at a level below their conscious experience, have no empirical evidence to support such a claim other than having it as a hypothesis to explain their decision making, yet presumably no experience in empirical psychology or detailed understating of implicit bias. In sum, you're claiming they're doing something that you do not understand or have any experience in investigating. It's a stupid, bullshit position and you should recognise it as such.

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother with somebody with that view. Anyone who thinks that there was a calculated program of favouritism (I.e. A very complicated conspiracy), isn't worth engaging with. They are either disingenuous, stupid or both.

Occam's razor is a useful tool in this context. The number of assumptions one would have to make to assume a conspiracy has occurred (or any favouritism) is astounding. Anyone with even a rudimentary level of intelligence will recognise that. Idiots will continue to spout their rhetoric.

About half the non-Bulldog posts on here were congratulating us. Then after 3 days, it's been 95% trolling.
They usually remind me of a bad cocktail: Salty, bitter and twisted.

Better get the wider footy public read umps on their side and anything is possible. Dogs premiership will always be tainted by the shockingly one sided umpiring throughout not just the GF but the entire season.

Or we could have just used HGH

Well, you need to understand that the free kick count does not need to be equal.

What the stats for the entire season back up is that the Bulldogs played to the umpire interpretations.
In short they were well coached.

Better get the wider footy public read umps on their side and anything is possible. Dogs premiership will always be tainted by the shockingly one sided umpiring throughout not just the GF but the entire season.

It will only be tainted in the minds of a very small minority. Much like the small minded people who think Hawthorn got gifted their flags it will be children or unintelligent types who believe it to be tainted.

The wider public will remember at as one of the best footy stories in years :)

Like I asked you yesterday on another Bulldogs related thread on the main board in which you hijacked with you saying our flag was tainted due to umpires. Show me which examples were "timely" and "plain wrong" ??? Not expecting a response from you though, just like you didn't respond to the other question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back