Swan Offered To GWS By Eddie Last Year ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't Swan say he's retiring next year? Best time to offload him and get 2 young high draft picks in return, from that point it makes sense, but really, with no proof, why bring it up?

any idea when he said that?

i might be wrong but i'm sure i remember him saying in the past year that he reckons he has a few years left in him still. but i could be thinking of an interview from years ago, not sure.

Would have been a good move if they got band 1 compo.

Was surprised to see her dredge up a 22 yo story about Tony Shaw and racism a couple of days ago, absolutely no relevance to anything topical or recent...just another regurgitated negative piece. Time to hang up the muzzle.

I love it how apparently Eddie controls every single aspect of that footy club and is its one and only voice...

I haven't heard the comments and don't intend to so I'm taking what has been attributed to her in here as gospel therefore the above is it in a nutshell.

Eddie loves to be involved, but if anyone out there believes that Eddie would go over the heads of Buckley, Hine and Walsh to offer up arguably our best player to another club they need their head read!

any idea when he said that?

i might be wrong but i'm sure i remember him saying in the past year that he reckons he has a few years left in him still. but i could be thinking of an interview from years ago, not sure.

I haven't seen it because I don't have Pay TV but apparently on The Club in an interview for his 200th he said he wants to play on probably on one year deals because he feels he still owes the Pies for sticking with him early in his career. Ironically given the topic of this thread, he also apparently said in that interview that he would never play for anyone but the Pies in the AFL.

How naive are you lot? Read between the lines

May or may not is for legal protection, like "allegedly".

She is not on the fence, she is saying it did happen but couching it in a certain defendable language.

Someone credible will have told her this is true

How is Swan and/or the club going to sue Caro over her making up that Eddie shopped Swan to the GWS last year? Is that illegal, is that reasonable grounds for character defamation?

Completely different to her allegations last season, only an extremely naive person couldn't see that.

She has made this one up and her "may or may not be true" is just a pathetic and weak out to fall back on when it is confirmed to be incorrect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, considering he's only playing for 2 more years, it isn't THAT farfetched, although I'd still lean towards it not happening.

Agree. I'd trade him for the right players in return. And that's before you even consider any tension between Swan and the club last year. Everyone loves shooting the messenger around here.

T
she bought it up on the show and had a grab from a gws official about the situation
The grab where the official said he had never been involved nor heard anyone suggest the alleged offer? That was a bazaar segment. Next time you allege something may or may not have happened, it is probably best to get a grab that even remotely supports your claim. She then went on to try and defend herself by saying the official had later said he heard the rumour. Everyone hears rumours, luckily most people treat them as just that until their is evidence. Not Caro's finest moment, she seemed embarrassedat the end.

Oh so you didn't see the part when they discussed Richmonds woeful tackle count ranked 18th in the league Caro didn't say much then

I like how she gets under the skin of Collingwood and Essendon supporters week in week out though

So you have no problem with every rumour being reported now, and being dended as "Just saying that was the rumour, thats all".
Big footy will become Caro's greatest source of info if thats the case. I look forward to her constant reporting of Dustin Martin and Lance Franklin escapades if that is the case.

So you have no problem with every rumour being reported now, and being dended as "Just saying that was the rumour, thats all".
Big footy will become Caro's greatest source of info if thats the case. I look forward to her constant reporting of Dustin Martin and Lance Franklin escapades if that is the case.

If it annoys you don't listen to it..

Serious question, if Caroline Wilson had only enough time to write just one more article before she dies, who would it be about? Dane Swan or James Brayshaw?
Perhaps a rumour that Dane Swan was found in bed with James Brashaw snorting a white substance from his chest. Dane Swan blamed the incident on a recent concussion, a fact of which the North club doctor and 5 white knights have confirmed. This o fcourse may or may not have happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back