Swans Reserves (ECFL comp) 2021 (VFL we fart in your general direction)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gould I noticed limped off about 10 mins to go in the last qtr and didn't notice him coming back on. Better game from him, without really stamping his mark on the match.
I was pretty sure he came back on.

There was one camera shot where it shows Gould running towards goal and rolled his ankle, which I assume is why he went off. My first reaction was to laugh because it looked so comical!

Sounds like we've got really good depth at the swans atm. Plenty of players staking their claim for the seniors and putting pressure on the best 22. It's almost a worry.

RD 5 Laidler report ( no player by player critique)
Laidler's thoughts on our win over Collingwood;

Talks up Clarke & Amartey and welcomes back Naismith.
Unfortunately doesn't seem he'll go back to the player by player critique.

Laidler's thoughts on our win over Collingwood;

Talks up Clarke & Amartey and welcomes back Naismith.
Unfortunately doesn't seem he'll go back to the player by player critique.
Imagine the coaches talked about that and could see it getting pretty repetitive and negative ie needs to work on two way running, 4 quarter consistency etc. To get into more detail wouldn't help the player at all.
Interesting though that Amartey actually did put in a much better 4 quarter effort so something must have stuck.
Pleased to see that Clarke and Stephens both pulled out good ones and that Taylor was useful too. Keeps the depth alive and keeps the panic away if they need to be selected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the highlights package of this game.
Very ordinary is all I can say. McDonald & Amartey perhaps the only two pushing for senior selection.
Midfielders' ball use pretty ordinary.

We will be tested this week. We might end up taking all four Emergencies to Perth. Will be surprised if any are on the red eye special back in time to play Casey.
Game starts at 5:40pm local time, by then we'd know if anyone other than the sub is needed. If we took say Sincs, Brand, Clarke, Stephens over, you could at least get any of them back by early morning Sunday. Probably wouldn't bother rushing any back except Stephens if he isn't sub. He's young, needs to play even if it's ressies.

Clarke and O'Riordan named but Amartey not named in the reserves side, suggesting he might be the medical substitute. Unless McInerney is being flown over to be medical substitute and Amartey is emergency which I doubt given Adelaide buggered that up so badly a few weeks ago.

Clarke and O'Riordan named but Amartey not named in the reserves side, suggesting he might be the medical substitute. Unless McInerney is being flown over to be medical substitute and Amartey is emergency which I doubt given Adelaide buggered that up so badly a few weeks ago.
Amartey will be the emergency ruckman for Hickey

I'd say McInerney will be sub then, unless we plan on flying Clarke/O'Riordan back overnight. Amartey won't be sub (if he is, we're insane especially with the weather forecast), just backup in case we lose a tall in warmup. The difference with Lynch and McInerney is that Lynch was actually injured, McInerney just needs some management. Club might have been tossing up whether it was this week or next, worst case is he plays not quite a full game (hopefully not at all, but any Q1 injury would likely involve the sub at qtr time), could come in as just a forward and push someone else upfield, and is rested next week instead. Personally, I'd still prefer we just have Clarke or COR as sub, put a line through Jmac entirely if there's any question marks.

Started this year playing low TOG. This had been built up over the last month. If he is being managed, it makes little sense to fly him to Perth and back.
If we're talking about Jmac, yeah I agree. Just makes even less sense for Amartey to be sub (he could replace 3 out of 22 players better than our other 3 emergencies). So hopefully we have a plan for Clarke or COR to get back overnight (though neither need more game time to show us what they can do).

If we're talking about Jmac, yeah I agree. Just makes even less sense for Amartey to be sub (he could replace 3 out of 22 players better than our other 3 emergencies). So hopefully we have a plan for Clarke or COR to get back overnight (though neither need more game time to show us what they can do).

McInerney & Clarke flew to Perth. I don't know about the other two. Really weird we'd bother flying McInerney over.

McInerney & Clarke flew to Perth. I don't know about the other two. Really weird we'd bother flying McInerney over.

Amartey hasn't been named in the reserves side, so I imagine Amartey went with them.

Given that, I imagine Clarke is the medical sub and Amartey is there as another emergency for any of the talls (in particular Hickey or Bud).

But yeh, dunno why they'd bother taking McInerney over unless it's just to keep him around the squad from a development perspective.

Amartey hasn't been named in the reserves side, so I imagine Amartey went with them.

Given that, I imagine Clarke is the medical sub and Amartey is there as another emergency for any of the talls (in particular Hickey or Bud).

But yeh, dunno why they'd bother taking McInerney over unless it's just to keep him around the squad from a development perspective.
Yeah just strange that Clarke has been named in ressies. If we're putting him on an overnight flight back, makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back