Autopsy Swans vs GWS Elimination Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Was not a surprise result, the manner the result came about was surely surprising. The absolute noncompetitive nature of our team was alarming today. We lost with an ineffective midfield. Its no real point going anywhere else, the mids got slammed and from there the ball movement was diabolical. The skills of this squad are not up to standard, and frankly, they have not been for some years. Who the bloody hell is the skills coach?

Today the boys , whilst they were obviously having a crack, just didn't seem up for it for anywhere near long enough. Maybe its the negative approach to footy that Longmire seems to enjoy, but they looked done before half time. GWS were way too good, no denying their pressure game was terrific and hopefully they can go another few weeks.

We need to recruit and train skills until we bleed. The amount of fumble, missed handballs, floating handballs, kicks with too much hang time, missing marks etc etc all year is ludicrous. We stifle our own momentum in so many games, either by not attacking when we should, today it was highlighted very early when Hannebery in the first few minutes took the ball on the wing, ignored the free man ahead and handballed backwards to an under pressure team mate.

I would like to see a change of head coach, as I have no real faith in Longmire to again deliver anything worthwhile. It wont happen, however it should as our coaching panel lacks creativity, dare and anything resembling a successful team in the year 2018 and beyond. Our last two finals defeats have both been insipid lifeless performances, and unfortunately, they are have happened often enough this season that they are no longer under the heading 'unswanslike'.

This year imo was strangely one of missed opportunity but also one that really highlighted where we sit in the AFL at the moment. Our best is good enough (even with the challenges our defensive, crap game plan presents), our consistency is rubbish and the amount of goaless and 1 goal qtrs is just so high it surely must ring alarm bells about the fact we need to throw out our gameplan and start again.

However...come March next year and I will be full of optimism once again and looking forward to another year of hopefully better performances.

GO SWANS

Reid almost isn’t apart of the future, he just doesn’t play enough

He plays it’s a bonus

Should have played today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hanneberry was one of our better players today. Not that that is saying much.
To me Hanners looked way off the pace from the opening bounce, I thought he was very ordinary.

To me Hanners looked way off the pace from the opening bounce, I thought he was very ordinary.

As I said he can FRO. The Tainteds are a good fit. We should be happy with a 4th rounder and carry some change.

The word is that he's broken up with Katie Cody his long term partner and wants to move back to Melbourne. This makes a lot of sense given his poor form for a while now.

39 points Semi 2017
51 points Semi 2015
30 points Elimination final 2018

So its not a one off thing in finals unfortunately we are developing a horrible reputation of being chokers in finals.
Yeh, its Fkd. Records broken tonight for the wrong reasons. See my previous posts, said this all year, win one quarter lose 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back