Autopsy Swans vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Newman was quite good. Much more time and space.

The massive contrast of the NEAFL and AFL is there, I watched a reservers finals game late last year and the intensity at the contest was not there compared to a finals in the AFL. I could see why players who looked like stars at this level are quickly found out in the AFL.

The massive contrast of the NEAFL and AFL is there, I watched a reservers finals game late last year and the intensity at the contest was not there compared to a finals in the AFL. I could see why players who looked like stars at this level are quickly found out in the AFL.

True but surely after improving each week, and actually being able to kick would not get you dropped though! Newman was good at AFL level.

That is all well and good...but then he keeps Foote who is NEAFL standard in the side and Jack who is absolutely cooked in the side. You can't have it both ways.

AA takes risks, lots of risks and plays on that attacking instinct. Jack doesn't and neither does Foote. IMHO Longmuire thinks AA could easily concede lots of goals from turn overs currently and wants to beat this out of him to be a complete player.

I get the feeling it will take AA stuffing up and conceding lots of goals from turn overs for the love affair we have with him ATM to be over.

AA takes risks, lots of risks and plays on that attacking instinct. Jack doesn't and neither does Foote. IMHO Longmuire thinks AA could easily concede lots of goals from turn overs currently and wants to beat this out of him to be a complete player.

I get the feeling it will take AA stuffing up and conceding lots of goals from turn overs for the love affair we have with him ATM to be over.

Personally even though turnovers are annoying, I'd rather concede a turnover with someone taking he game on rather than our defenders kicking it straight down their throat or bombing it long yet again.

Personally even though turnovers are annoying, I'd rather concede a turnover with someone taking he game on rather than our defenders kicking it straight down their throat or bombing it long yet again.

All turnovers suck, except the apple kind.

But it’s his turnovers that dual North Melbourne premiership player David King believes are the main problem for the young defender.

In his three matches this year, Aliir has averaged three disposals per turnover in the back half, which is six more than the AFL average.

And King says that’s simply too much.

And exactly what I just said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol David King 2 weeks ago in the war room said Aliir was one of the best tall defenders in the comp, not saying he is wrong now, but make up your mind

This is footy media. Takes 3 weeks of good form to be labeled 'the best in the comp' and takes less for them to jump off of someone.

This is footy media. Takes 3 weeks of good form to be labeled 'the best in the comp' and takes less for them to jump off of someone.

It was 1 game in this case :p

Guys - leave the political stuff out of this thread thanks. This is a footy board.

Do you think he likes 'humble pie'?

I think clarko is right, these media experts are held to no account, yeah he was talking about Carey saying Rioli wants to go home, but same thing;

They dribble s**t with authority week to week and no one ever calls them on it, just still wheel them out as experts

Robert Walls may have been a bit of a dick but at least he was consistent

I think clarko is right, these media experts are held to no account, yeah he was talking about Carey saying Rioli wants to go home, but same thing;

They dribble s**t with authority week to week and no one ever calls them on it, just still wheel them out as experts

Robert Walls may have been a bit of a dick but at least he was consistent

Well stop watching and giving the AFL media oxygen. Less viewers and they will be forced to change. As it stands the media is giving Joe Average in the outer what he wants.

Robert Walls was a great footy journo, problem is a lot of people couldn't seperate their hate boners for the guy because he wrote some harsh truths about their clubs. So he copped it all the time and eventually was chased away to France. When I saw him on TV last year I could tell he really wants to get involved again but he knows the outcomes.

Well stop watching and giving the AFL media oxygen. Less viewers and they will be forced to change. As it stands the media is giving Joe Average in the outer what he wants.

Robert Walls was a great footy journo, problem is a lot of people couldn't seperate their hate boners for the guy because he wrote some harsh truths about their clubs. So he copped it all the time and eventually was chased away to France. When I saw him on TV last year I could tell he really wants to get involved again but he knows the outcomes.

I dont watch the shows any more, wont stop watching games though, nor will most. So wont chanhe

I dont watch the shows any more, wont stop watching games though, nor will most. So wont chanhe

I wasn't talking about the games, more the terrible shows that feed AFL fans hunger for non stop coverage. Though the games are getting harder to watch these days with the commentators. Having to listen to Dwayne s**t on your team when you are copping a hiding is all levels of bad, I don't need my anger to be elevated to nuclear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back