Game Day Syd v Adel Rnd 19: Swan appétit

Will Jordan Dawson get booed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I’m sure this will go against the majority of the hand wringers in here… but I was very pleased with how we approached the game from the second quarter after a diabolically bad first quarter. We could have dropped our bundle then and there and lost by 100 + points but we didn’t. If that game was in Adelaide, reckon the crowd could have been the difference. Nicks made changes, some players stood up. We had immense pressure. We showed that we are actually capable. We just need to do it for longer more often. That should come in time. Are there players that should be dropped? Sure. Every single week. But I haven’t walked away hugely disappointed in the end.
Well, I stopped watching in the first quarter after the game was already gone. It was irrelevant what happened after that.
No doubt, Sydney had some pity and decided to just maintain the margin at 5 goals to the end. It was a pathetic first quarter, particularly the defence, which was awful. We are in a lot of trouble.

Well, I stopped watching in the first quarter after the game was already gone. It was irrelevant what happened after that.
No doubt, Sydney had some pity and decided to just maintain the margin at 5 goals to the end. It was a pathetic first quarter, particularly the defence, which was awful. We are in a lot of trouble.
Yeah I could have too, but I was more interested in seeing how we responded to the tripe we served up in the first. I’m glad I did.

They had better ******* squads. Jesus Christ, does NOBODY understand what the word rebuild means?
Of course they had better squads but it still doesn't change the fact that at least they had some semblance of what they were doing. Playing Dawson down back for most of the year lost me.

Of course they had better squads but it still doesn't change the fact that at least they had some semblance of what they were doing. Playing Dawson down back for most of the year lost me.

Yeah disagree on Dawson. Yes he’s be better on the wing but he’s such a good player and we needed his class, marking and kicking off half back.

He’s been plugging a hole. When Bryce Gibbs was at his best he was playing half back for Carlton. Said that both he and the coach wanted to play him centre/forward but they needed him across half back because of the make up of the team.

I see Dawson the same

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah disagree on Dawson. Yes he’s be better on the wing but he’s such a good player and we needed his class, marking and kicking off half back.

He’s been plugging a hole. When Bryce Gibbs was at his best he was playing half back for Carlton. Said that both he and the coach wanted to play him centre/forward but they needed him across half back because of the make up of the team.

I see Dawson the same
Disagree on Dawson. We have Frampton and Worrell that can play the 3rd/4th intercept role. Nick's lack of trust in our squad is telling. A decent coach would have another 4 or 5 wins out of this group. In saying that a decent coach is wasted when our recruiting is dogshit. That's why no decent coach even enquired about the role.

Disagree on Dawson. We have Frampton and Worrell that can play the 3rd/4th intercept role. Nick's lack of trust in our squad is telling. A decent coach would have another 4 or 5 wins out of this group. In saying that a decent coach is wasted when our recruiting is dogshit. That's why no decent coach even enquired about the role.

Tried Frampton for a few weeks and he showed he wasn’t up to it. I’d be very surprised if we see him in the seniors again.

Worrell, yeah maybe. Not sure what his SANFL form is like. He’s been an emergency for a couple of weeks so getting closer

Great hole😍

It's a decent hole due to the elevation that makes us wonder which club based on the distance. And it mostly plays into a prevailing wind when there is a gust. But I don't think it's great, but it is definitely something that challenges our club length knowledge. Apparently Clare has a similar par 3, but I haven't had the pleasure of playing s**t at that course. You should come up here, we'll play a round or 2 and might even get a couple of the good guys here too. I'm thinking George Kramer would be in. Golf, gambling and looking after the environment, we'll do it all.

It's a decent hole due to the elevation that makes us wonder which club based on the distance. And it mostly plays into a prevailing wind when there is a gust. But I don't think it's great, but it is definitely something that challenges our club length knowledge. Apparently Clare has a similar par 3, but I haven't had the pleasure of playing s**t at that course. You should come up here, we'll play a round or 2 and might even get a couple of the good guys here too. I'm thinking George Kramer would be in. Golf, gambling and looking after the environment, we'll do it all.
And solving all of the worlds problems! The 2nd most important thing about golf.

I’d come up for the grog and punting, but golf and me don’t gel

The club doesn’t. They hired Nicks to do a bit of list rejuvenation

Publicly they were clear they weren’t interested in tearing it all down.

It’s how it has played out though. Only 3 players over 100 games on the weekend which is pretty much unheard of. Form, fit and injury to senior players has tipped it over. We would have to be diabolical from here out for Nicks to be put under serious job loss heat at season end.

Safe until at least the bye next year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back