Sydney Stack Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Stacky is a player that needs pressure. When he was overlooked in his first season and we picked him up late - he had a point to prove. He forced himself into selection calculations from his training and determination. He don't all the i's and crossed all the t's on and off the field.

Last season he just cruised. He thought his work was done and his selection was a given. He is a confident player who is lazy. As a result, he didn't put the effort in to replicate his first season and was then disappointed he didn't make it in.

Then 'Kebab-Gate' occurred. I see it as a blessing in disguise. He now has a tonne of pressure piled up on him. The footy world is watching. His determination is back and he will again prove the neigh-sayers wrong by having an awesome year built on this preseason.

I think he needed the pressure to motivate him and now he's got it.

Imagine almost ruining your afl career then getting given another crack only to rock up to pre season looking like relton roberts.
Attitude is off for me, i cant see stack making it.
All the talent, no brains.
Hope im wrong.

Imagine almost ruining your afl career then getting given another crack only to rock up to pre season looking like relton roberts.
Attitude is off for me, i cant see stack making it.
All the talent, no brains.
Hope im wrong.

I don’t think you know who Relton Robert’s is, instead you’re just trying to get in with the “cool” posters.

But Relton was more like Stewart Dew now and Stacky looks nothing like that.

984EB104-3271-4F1B-A95B-4583A4CC078D.png

I don’t think you know who Relton Robert’s is, instead you’re just trying to get in with the “cool” posters.

But Relton was more like Stewart Dew now and Stacky looks nothing like that.

View attachment 1024874
Not exactly sure what you mean by trying to be ‘cool’ pretty sure this a footy forum where you’re able to express your opinion.
If you go back through my posts on stack ive said the same for ages now.
Jog on.

Not exactly sure what you mean by trying to be ‘cool’ pretty sure this a footy forum where you’re able to express your opinion.
If you go back through my posts on stack ive said the same for ages now.
Jog on.

relton couldn’t even get into a jog. Pretty sure Stacky can.

Stack is not ripped in that pic like some claim...

He is nowhere near as fit as he should have been returning.
You can't tell from a pic. His body looks fine, but that doesn't indicate his aerobic endurance or ability to repeat effort.
Dane Swan never "looked" fit, but he was a beast of a hard runner, and Richo on the back end of his career carried around a nice, solid belly, yet didn't stop running or repeat leading.

Think people are throwing the boots in without the actual facts. There's nothing wrong with him having fun on social media, every player has a life and hobbies and things they enjoy, the only difference is Stack's are public. He's allowed a life, he's not doing anything wrong by dancing or making videos.

A 30 second video of him at training looking gassed - who cares? Maybe that was after a hard run and he's working hard. I don't think we really know yet what shape he's in, or what work he's put in. That is still his opportunity between now and April/May when he'll be selectable to AFL side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't tell from a pic. His body looks fine, but that doesn't indicate his aerobic endurance or ability to repeat effort.
Dane Swan never "looked" fit, but he was a beast of a hard runner, and Richo on the back end of his career carried around a nice, solid belly, yet didn't stop running or repeat leading.

Think people are throwing the boots in without the actual facts. There's nothing wrong with him having fun on social media, every player has a life and hobbies and things they enjoy, the only difference is Stack's are public. He's allowed a life, he's not doing anything wrong by dancing or making videos.

A 30 second video of him at training looking gassed - who cares? Maybe that was after a hard run and he's working hard. I don't think we really know yet what shape he's in, or what work he's put in. That is still his opportunity between now and April/May when he'll be selectable to AFL side.

Ya it’s pretty silly. It’s the same logic... people see 30 second TikTok video and think “this is Stacks whole life” then they see 2 shots of him having a deep breath and think “Stack is unfit all the time”.

People can’t rationalise any thought that’s not a 30 second window anymore

And sat while getting punched 3/4 times before reacting.
i know the media are campaigners, but black eyes lasting for two months? Did the dog punch him? We are starting to sound like scum supporters and discounting the obvious.

Hey I may be wrong...
but someone with a history of being less fit than required, coming back into a system where whether you like it or not, he needs to prove himself.... his body shape, which is better than 99.9% of us, doesn't show that of someone who has left no stone unturned to be the fittest man possible for someone coming back to the elite level... I get there has been plenty of 'fat' footballers be stars, so I'm not saying it's the end, but IMO it does show his mindset and level of commitment...
But again, I my be wrong

Hey I may be wrong...
but someone with a history of being less fit than required, coming back into a system where whether you like it or not, he needs to prove himself.... his body shape, which is better than 99.9% of us, doesn't show that of someone who has left no stone unturned to be the fittest man possible for someone coming back to the elite level... I get there has been plenty of 'fat' footballers be stars, so I'm not saying it's the end, but IMO it does show his mindset and level of commitment...
But again, I my be wrong
His body shape is fine, what's the problem?
It doesn't necessarily correlate to his level of fitness. So it's not a measure, he can't control how he looks, how his body "looks" after training is largely the result of his genetic makeup, it doesn't mean he's fitter or less fit than someone else. We aren't talking him coming back 10kg overweight sporting a large beer gut.

If you, someone else and I all followed the same diet and training program for 6 months, we'd still likely have very different body shape appearances at the end, based on our genetic makeup. Stack looks fine for the level.

And there's every chance maybe he hasn't bust his ass, maybe he will over the preseason, or maybe that penny will just never drop with him and he never will, but no one here can make assessments either way based on a photo and a 30 second vid of training footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back