Preview Sydney Vs Booingwood - 24th of May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not retiring him just saying his body looks to be struggling and he could be done at anytime
Yeah he doesn't look himself but I think he's also trying to play like he's still 23 and looking worse for it. Needs to modify his game some.

Father time catches up with the legends too 37

George Smith retired at 38 this week. Could have gone around again next year.
Cameron Smith, still going strong.
Thurston played until he was 35.

Only thing stopping Buddy will be injury. He won't lose his athleticism to any noticeable degree any time soon.

Only thing stopping Buddy will be injury. He won't lose his athleticism to any noticeable degree any time soon.

different levels of athleticism and physical demands between the codes.

I don't mind Fox either but I only ever see him as being a handy depth player who can do a role. He'll never be a massive contributor IMO so I'd definitely take Cunningham over him.

And yep you're on the money with my thoughts on whose spot Menzel should take
Take Fox over Cunningham any day. He is a better mark, stronger in the packs and actually runs in straight lines at the ball. Cunningham is a fringe dweller off the pack.

I think the problem with Bud being a stay at home forward is that he can't mark. He's always relied on mobility and roaming around to win his own balls and score from them. When that mobility and capacity to roam is restricted, what's left of him? Guess we'll see in coming years. I think he's still got a lot left to give but I also never subscribed to the "Buddy is an athletic freak so will play til he's 35" hype.
He's not a contested marker but he can still work inside 50 leading out from the square. He's still a prodigious kick and can get some separation and take some chest marks. Just won't be roaming between the arcs as much.

Not the point.

None of those lost their athleticism.
Federer is another eg.

Buddy will have his athleticism if he doesn't get injured.

Buddy plays at over 100Kg and is a power athlete who also relies on the ability to move and shift direction at speed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope so but the guys you mention are the exception to the rule.

Logical changes, coupled with a boost in confidence after 2 straight wins should hopefully see us at least semi-competitive against one of the best teams in the comp.

Considering their significant outs we are more than a sneaky chance of an upset in this one imho They are down on their key position players. We play them at an opportune time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back