Talls in Draft 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Sedat! said:
Provided the structural nature of his injury has been addressed, his lower half will also be in top shape. No quads, hammies, calves, groins, OP - he's had pretty much a complete rest for 2 years.

Im guessing you've never had a serious knee injury.

Borgsta said:
Im guessing you've never had a serious knee injury.
Had a full reco on my right knee back in 1997. The lack of condition in my calves and hammies on that leg have more to do with laziness than post-op recovery ;)

There will be some residual effect on Darcy, but there would have been far more stress placed on him had he completed 2 gruelling AFL seasons in the ruck during that time. By the time Round 1 2007 comes around, he will have (touch wood) had 16 months to recover physically from the 2nd reco and completed a meticulously planned recovery and conditioning regime. Only the mental scars will then need to be met and challenged.

Sedat! said:
Had a full reco on my right knee back in 1997. The lack of condition in my calves and hammies on that leg have more to do with laziness than post-op recovery ;)

that sucks. Never had to have the actual reco myself, although I fear that will come later. My lack of condition is due to the same reason:thumbsu:

Sedat! said:
There will be some residual effect on Darcy, but there would have been far more stress placed on him had he completed 2 gruelling AFL seasons in the ruck during that time. By the time Round 1 2007 comes around, he will have (touch wood) had 16 months to recover physically from the 2nd reco and completed a meticulously planned recovery and conditioning regime. Only the mental scars will then need to be met and challenged.

Its good that he has had 12 months or so to pump weights into his knees and will also have been running for about 6 months but the wear and tear of AFL could really hurt him. As long as his knee holds up the mental scars will only last a few weeks.

scooter600x said:
That's a falacy.

We get big scores kicked against us because our midfield has to push too far forward. If our midfield don't take risks and run hard forward, we can't pinpoint Johnno or Matt Robbins. If we bomb long it gets run out too easily.

No backline could handle the ball coming in that quick.

Harris, Grant, Wight, Hargrave and Morris can do the job.

We get big scores kicked against us because of our forward line, not our backline.

What I should have added is that with Darcy and Grant up forward as well as an improving Baird (same height as Grant and only 20 years old), I think we don't need to worry about a KPP in the forward line for a few more years. If we recruit young guys, then its for the future. If we go for a ready made tall, we need to look at the back line.

.M a t t. said:
Im hoping St.Kilda don't take Reiwoldnt with their pick.

What about Mitch Thorp. Is he a chance, anyone seen enough of him ?

Would he drop down to pick 11 ?

Ye I hope the dogs pick up Riewoldt too. He looks to be well suited to us and with a CHF running up the ground darcy can work mainly out of the goalsquare. We are a young team, I think Huggins was the right decision last year but maybe this year it would be better to take a tall. The dogs are a young team so I think it is best for our structure that we keep picking up young talls and if we trade it should probably be for a fairly young player like McDougall or Polak.

I wouldn't be surprised if Clayton has the chance to take Riewoldt and passes on him, there's been a bit of talk that his name is helping him.

I think Thorp will drop down lower than 11

I-see-what-you-did-there-Fry.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Thorp will drop down lower than 11
Brilliant bump.
The trouble is, watching the 2006 draft unfold in slow motion is like watching yet another replay of the 97 PF. There's that oppressive sense of unalterable fate. You just know it's going to end in tears when Clayton eventually calls out Andrejs Everitt (WHO???) instead of Frawley or Riewoldt or Goldstein or Lindsay Thomas or Westhoff or ... [fill in your preferred pick]

The answer is simple then ....why bother wasting even our 2nd round pick on Akker. Most people seem to think that we are automatically going to take him. To be honest, we shouldn't take Akker.

That way we aren't pressured to take "any" KPP with our 1st selection.

Plus, a guy like Akker will definately be disliked by other players at the club before he even gets there - why upset team morale? I don't think he'll add value to the team when compared to what a 1st or even 2nd round pick can bring in the long-term (or short-term even).

Besides, if we are giving any early picks away it should be for Polak. I am surprised that it is Richmond and not us, that are making the big play for him.
Harsh.

I wouldn't be surprised if Clayton has the chance to take Riewoldt and passes on him, there's been a bit of talk that his name is helping him.

I hate Clayton only ever had one good draft. Claytonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn damn you .

Amazing to see our need to draft a goal kicking KPF in back in 2006 :eek:
Its 2013 and we still are screaming out for one....
I wonder if we will we be looking at the 2013 posts in 2020 and wondering why we still haven't drafted a KPF?

Amazing to see our need to draft a goal kicking KPF in back in 2006 :eek:
Its 2013 and we still are screaming out for one....
I wonder if we will we be looking at the 2013 posts in 2020 and wondering why we still haven't drafted a KPF?

We've had TWO in the 35 years I've been alive.

Beasley and Grant.

Unless you want to count Minton-Connell and Cook (I don't).

This club just cannot get one, for whatever reason!

We've had TWO in the 35 years I've been alive.

Beasley and Grant.

Unless you want to count Minton-Connell and Cook (I don't).

This club just cannot get one, for whatever reason!

They weren't drafted as such (but I wouldnt count them either).
We just cannot draft and develop a goal kicking KPF, when will it end?

They weren't drafted as such (but I wouldnt count them either).
We just cannot draft and develop a goal kicking KPF, when will it end?

Father son pick up in Foster this year? yes he might only get picked up as a rookie. But as bulldogs supporters we need to learn how to dream!
Put faith in the rookie's.
We are actually pretty good at producing players from the rookie list.
Morris, Boyd (I believe), Dahlhaus, JJ, Campbell. First 4 are definant best 22, and could argue the point of Campbell aswell.

Father son pick up in Foster this year? yes he might only get picked up as a rookie. But as bulldogs supporters we need to learn how to dream!
Put faith in the rookie's.
We are actually pretty good at producing players from the rookie list.
Morris, Boyd (I believe), Dahlhaus, JJ, Campbell. First 4 are definant best 22, and could argue the point of Campbell aswell.

Picken

Remove this Banner Ad

Back