Scandal Tex Walker's impact in finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One game my friend. One game. He wasn't even half as bad as some are making out.

Walker is an excellent big game performer. One swallow does not make a summer.
he was putrid in the biggest game of his life. spent more time making a fool of himself in the stare-off than trying to inspire his team after the game started.

even in the first 45 minutes when Adelaide were on top he was garbage.

wouldnt want to have him at my club let alone captain it. toxic.

might i add has the turning circle of the QE2, is substandard for fwd pressure and is possibly at a point where the speed and style of the game may go past him.

he was putrid in the biggest game of his life. spent more time making a fool of himself in the stare-off than trying to inspire his team after the game started.

even in the first 45 minutes when Adelaide were on top he was garbage.

wouldnt want to have him at my club let alone captain it. toxic.

might i add has the turning circle of the QE2, is substandard for fwd pressure and is possibly at a point where the speed and style of the game may go past him.
Kicked two goals and definitely didn't disgrace himself. Was far from Adelaide's worse. Not going to bother with the rest, you're clearly trolling.

In any case, if that's strictly you judge players, I'd love to see you appraise Dusty in a game where he's not on the gear*.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again, a one game sample size. The entire Richmond team just spent the last decade choking time and time again earning the moniker ‘ninthmond’. How about that incredible choke job during the regular season when you managed to lose to Freo with only seconds left? I mean seeing as though we are using one game sample sizes.

How did Tex play in the 2015 SF (v Hawthorn) and then the 2016 SF (v Sydney)?

Sample size of 3/3. All big finals. All against good teams.

In the three biggest games of his life he has been absolutely putrid in all three.

Kicked two goals and definitely didn't disgrace himself. Was far from Adelaide's worse. Not going to bother with the rest, you're clearly trolling.

In any case, if that's strictly you judge players, I'd love to see you appraise Dusty in a game where he's not on the gear*.
Dude. In the three biggest finals of his life - Tex is been horrendous in all 3.
15-16-17.

Dude. In the three biggest finals of his life - Tex is been horrendous in all 3.
15-16-17.

Please provde some actual analysis other than "doood omgz texan jogga wzaz so shet in finalz" you twat

I’m hearing he is fit and may make himself available.

Dapper Jong would know better but he’s burnt me on the Gil thread (my fault sucked in) so I’m not sure I can trust him.

I cannot believe anyone is taking me seriously in that thread. You should be ashamed of yourself.

How did Tex play in the 2015 SF (v Hawthorn) and then the 2016 SF (v Sydney)?

Sample size of 3/3. All big finals. All against good teams.

In the three biggest games of his life he has been absolutely putrid in all three.

You sir are just a troll. So you choose the 3 games where adelaide lost as the measuring stick. Of course a key forward typically performs better in winning games and worse in losing games. Youve also only used those 3 games as your definitive sample.

Carey stunk in the 1998 gf. Therfore hes a choker in big games. See i can do it too.

If you actually have a fair and reasonable look at it, in ALL finals played in those 3 years hes averaged 14 disposals 8 marks and 2 goals a game. Has he been great in all finals? No. Is he a "putrid" player in all big games? No.

You sir are just a troll. So you choose the 3 games where adelaide lost as the measuring stick. Of course a key forward typically performs better in winning games and worse in losing games. Youve also only used those 3 games as your definitive sample.

Carey stunk in the 1998 gf. Therfore hes a choker in big games. See i can do it too.

If you actually have a fair and reasonable look at it, in ALL finals played in those 3 years hes averaged 14 disposals 8 marks and 2 goals a game. Has he been great in all finals? No. Is he a "putrid" player in all big games? No.

So it has gone from a 'one game sample size' to a 'three game sample size'.

And I am a troll?

Get a grip on reality.

Carey kicked 6 goals and had 24 disposals in a Preliminary Final in 1994 - aged 23.

Carey kicked 1 goal with 22 disposals & 9 marks in a Grand Final win in 1996 - aged 25.

When (IF) 'Tex' has a game like that - you message me and let me know.

But for now - you apologise to me because you are plain wrong. It is obvious.

I'm a little confused on this. Is he actually a chance to come back or is it just a little bit of a media beat-up?

I thought his retirement via injury allowed for some cap consideration for the Swans. How could he go from having a career-ending injury to returning within a couple of months?

I don't see the Swans bringing him back though. Harley just made it seem possible, but highly unlikely.

I'm a little confused on this. Is he actually a chance to come back or is it just a little bit of a media beat-up?

I thought his retirement via injury allowed for some cap consideration for the Swans. How could he go from having a career-ending injury to returning within a couple of months?

I don't see the Swans bringing him back though. Harley just made it seem possible, but highly unlikely.

I don't think that the Swans get any cap relief this year so his retirement really only works fot the other two years following. He is still on the list of players for this year so technically could return. Perhaps there was a discussion and nothing has been ruled out. He could potentially be rehabbing the ankle with a view of being back up if needed as he is still in Sydney and currently has a behind the scenes role at the club (Don't know what that is)

Media beat up is looking more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back