The 2017 Ridiculous Trade Thread - Now with extra Nuff!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hogan for Fyfe

:$

Freo fans must not know that Kent is from WA else I'm sure he'd get a better mention as potential steakies for that deal.

I'll have a go for shits and giggles.

Fyfe < > Dawes, Spencer and next year's... 2nd?

Need a centre half with Pav gone, Sandilands is cooked, that Zac Clarke is useless and Griffin is old, plus a free shot at drafting in talented yoof. It's win-win evreeboddy.

Thought of this trade today. Let me know what you think, apologies if someone has come up with similar already.

Gold Coast > Hawthorn - Jaeger O'Meara, pick 8
Hawthorn > Fremantle - pick 8, Bradley Hill
Fremantle > Gold Coast - Pick 3

Fremantle gain: Pick 8, Bradley Hill
Gold Coast gain: Pick 3
Hawthorn gain: Jaeger O'Meara

I know Gold Coast want two first rounders for JOM, but having picks 3 & 4 would be massive for them. Dockers retain a top 10 selection, while the Hawks get their man.

This is a new front runner ... Hawthorn are effectively swapping Brad Hill for JOM ... wasn't even a Hawks fan who suggested it.

On Friday night Footscray won due to midfield dominance. Last night Sydney smashed the Adelaide midfield, rendering the much vaunted Adelaide forwards impotent. Much the same story down at Freo today.
The moral of course is that it is stupid to squander high draft picks on fancy forwards while your midfield is of dubious depth and quality. No way should Pick 3 be offered for Hogan. Second rounder plus Suban at best.

IanW as a neutral, thoughts?

I've got a new submission for clubhouse leader...

Tim Watson on SEN,

"West Coast's first rounder (11) + Mackenzie"

Ox & Frank " Thats not a lot, what about somebody like McGovern"

Watson: "No thats way overs I think considering what Jesse has shown"

Got i hate that Melbourne hating campaigner

Tim Watson on SEN,

Was literally about to post this. He actually has NFI

Tim Watson on SEN,

Was just about to post this

Tim Watson on SEN,

McGovern/Barrass + WC's 2017 first might be somewhere around the mark.

McGovern/Barrass + WC's 2017 first might be somewhere around the mark.

If Barass keeps playing like he did in that final I'd take him in a heartbeat.... but with Oscar and Tom, again its not a massive need.

The club we trade with needs to understand that giving up the cornerstone of your forward line isn't eased by picking up defenders...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Barass keeps playing like he did in that final I'd take him in a heartbeat.... but with Oscar and Tom, again its not a massive need.

The club we trade with needs to understand that giving up the cornerstone of your forward line isn't eased by picking up defenders...

I'd be more than happy for GWS to make you a nice offer for Barass under those circumstances ...

Tim Watson on SEN,

Yeah hates us.
Ox did say replace McKenzie for McGovern (Inc. pick 11) to which Watson replied "a straight swap of Hogan for McGovern would be a loss for WC"
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
It's ok Timmy, I'd be filthy too if my kid was a barista

Yeah hates us.
Ox did say replace McKenzie for McGovern (Inc. pick 11) to which Watson replied "a straight swap of Hogan for McGovern would be a loss for WC"
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
It's ok Timmy, I'd be filthy too if my kid was a barista
I know, what a f'ing bell-end. If Hogan leaves and there is a bidding war, you can be sure as hell his price will be going up, not down. Either club could start doing other trades to get some currency for us. If we somehow miracled Lobb into the forward 50 it'd be a big win.

Anyone else seen the footage of Jobe when he was in Melbourne? Looked seriously unwell to me (though might have been jet-lag)....... half looked like he'd started experimenting with different substances over in NY!

"If we floated a trade in the shape of pick 6 this year and Ben Lennon/Brandon Ellis for Josh Kelly, would that be looked at as fair? Just trying to get an idea of what GWS fans would consider fair market value at this stage of his career?"

Bahahahahaha!!!! I love how Richmond fans know deep down they shat the bed picking Ellis, Lennon, Menadue..... yet keep over rating them to try and convince another club they aren't exceptionally average.

IanW... you are the pillar that holds up this here thread

"If we floated a trade in the shape of pick 6 this year and Ben Lennon/Brandon Ellis for Josh Kelly, would that be looked at as fair? Just trying to get an idea of what GWS fans would consider fair market value at this stage of his career?"
What I also love about it, is that it implies that #6 isn't effectively already Gold Coast's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back