List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We might not want to trade 3 to GWS. Say we want Kemp, and they want Kemp, then giving them #3 for #6 only lets them take the player they want plus Green. Not sure why you'd wait until draft night if you're GWS - much rather go in knowing what you can do with the first (few) picks instead of crossing your fingers and hoping everyone is nice to you.
Yep, so us doing this deal means GWS will essentially make out from this draft almost as well as Gold Coast getting 3 & 4 the year they make a grand final. And idealistically (given our 23 year old core) it’s us who will be competing against them for premierships in 2-3 years time. May as well tell them we look forward to losing to them many times in the foreseeable future if we shake on this deal.

Since when is Topkent both in the know and mum about things? The guy shoots from the hip and is transparent as they come normally. Weird.

Surely no ruckman with an early pick? Gawn has 5 years left, Preuss is reasonable in emergency as #1 ruck and Bradke is our #3 project. Not a chance.

That's how you know he's got an inside tip. IMO there's a big red phone with a direct line to Mahoney's impressively hard nose sitting in Topkent's man cave.

Yep, so us doing this deal means GWS will essentially make out from this draft almost as well as Gold Coast getting 3 & 4 the year they make a grand final. And idealistically (given our 23 year old core) it’s us who will be competing against them for premierships in 2-3 years time. May as well tell them we look forward to losing to them many times in the foreseeable future if we shake on this deal.

What you were saying made sense until the part in bold.

Since when is Topkent both in the know and mum about things? The guy shoots from the hip and is transparent as they come normally. Weird.

Surely no ruckman with an early pick? Gawn has 5 years left, Preuss is reasonable in emergency as #1 ruck and Bradke is our #3 project. Not a chance.
A few teams play the undersized ruck along with a prime ruckman. Big bodied mids are in fashion. I don’t think it’s a good pick but i can also see why even if Jackson was a star junior talent worthy of going at 1 he might not just because he’s tall enough to be a ruck at junior level but has never played KPF. idk who gives a ruck I just want it to be R1

They wouldn’t be so stupid.
Theyd only have 40, 59, 60 left that are worth anything which is like 640 points.

Surely that means Green would have to slide to pick 30?

Unless I just have no idea how it works lol

Theyd only have 40, 59, 60 left that are worth anything which is like 640 points.

Surely that means Green would have to slide to pick 30?

Unless I just have no idea how it works lol

I’m not going to try to work it out, but if they don’t currently have enough points this year, you can bet your arse they’ll be trading some future picks tomorrow..

I'm drunk with power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can never quite come to terms with folks engaging in who "wins" a negotiated trade between clubs. Surely both parties are clear "winners" if they analyse a trade and agree to go ahead with it.

Hope you guys do well with pick 8, and we do well with pick 26, then monster up a big deal with our 2020 trade/draft hand.

I can never quite come to terms with folks engaging in who "wins" a negotiated trade between clubs. Surely both parties are clear "winners" if they analyse a trade and agree to go ahead with it.

Hope you guys do well with pick 8, and we do well with pick 26, then monster up a big deal with our 2020 trade/draft hand.
It's funny how they'll always be compared when though we wouldn't necessarily have taken the same players

It's funny how they'll always be compared when though we wouldn't necessarily have taken the same players

Here's how it works:

1) Melbourne are getting what THEY want NOW.
2) North are getting what THEY want NOW.

There's a myriad of respective variable factors at play for both parties, and no trade can ever be viewed from a level starting point, due to the fact that no two clubs are ever in the exact same list balance & development phase.

How it all plays out mostly depends upon blind luck. No football club can read the future.

This fact appears to be beyond the conceptual understanding of the average blinkered dullard.

Here's how it works:

1) Melbourne are getting what THEY want NOW.
2) North are getting what THEY want NOW.

There's a myriad of respective variable factors at play for both parties, and no trade can ever be viewed from a level starting point, due to the fact that no two clubs are ever in the exact same list balance & development phase.

How it all plays out mostly depends upon blind luck. No football club can read the future.

This fact appears to be beyond the conceptual understanding of the average blinkered dullard.
On the face of it I think there's less risk for North. No matter how bad it goes in terms of our finishing position you still have good picks. We have more risk but potentially more upside getting 2 guaranteed top 8 picks.

On the face of it I think there's less risk for North. No matter how bad it goes in terms of our finishing position you still have good picks. We have more risk but potentially more upside getting 2 guaranteed top 8 picks.

The AFL world has become very short term oriented (1-3 years), and a plethora of unknown variables can occur between now and then.

What are Melbourne & North going to do now? Will these picks go to the drafts or become trade currency again?

What can we really take from this right now? Nothing.

So if a trade goes ahead, everyone are clear winners because they agreed to the trade. That's a very Soccer Mum mentality.

Agree with this. North probably banking on us not improving a great deal so thinking at worst they get a couple of free picks this year.
I actually am a bit surprised north wouldn’t take a top ten pick this year given they are rebuilding. Top end young talent is what they need.

Any credibility to the rumour we use one of our picks to go after the Smear?

So if a trade goes ahead, everyone are clear winners because they agreed to the trade. That's a very Soccer Mum mentality.
it is very 2019 Left wing PC point of view.

Everyone is a winner and if you are a loser you may identify as a winner anyway

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back