Updated The Bruce Lehrmann Trials * Justice Lee - "Mr Lehrmann raped Ms Higgins."

How long will the jury be out for?

• Back the same afternoon

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • One day

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Two days

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Three to five days

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Over a week

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

LINK TO FEDERAL COURT DEFAMATION PROCEEDINGS

Last edited:
Devil's advocate here but haven't you ever left somewhere rather hurriedly when the uber is only a minute away?

I feel like I'd go full mission impossible and make a beeline for the exit with a minor panic attack.
Have I ever left a drunk woman in my boss's office so I can catch an Uber (and avoid the $8 default)? No.

No, if he was a 'gentleman' he would have at least asked security to look out for her, not just do a runner.
If he was in any way aware that Higgins was naked or half-naked, he might have been praying that she would not be seen naked, or half naked by anyone at Parliament House that night, lest his live-in Parliament House colleague girlfriend, get wind of the nakedness bit. Asking security to look out for her, would have possibly gone against the narrative that she was not that intoxicated, or that he had any duty of care towards her.

As self-disclosed in the 84 page Lehrmann Police interview made public yesterday, that this living with girlfriend was someone who Lehrmann claimed he had started having a relationship with 6 months earlier when they were working under the same Minister at Parliament House, is very relevant in understanding Lehrmann's fears about his reputation, given who his girlfriend/defacto partner was.

Even moreso, given that according to his Police Statement, this 'de-facto' partner of Lehrmann's, had at the time of the Higgins alleged rape, recently accepted a job working in the NSW Parliament, for a NSW State Government Minister. And Lehrmann claimed that because of this, he was looking at finding a job in Sydney (or in Canberra in the area of National Security) and quitting his job at Parliament House in Canberra.
(Lehrmann's Police Statement is all over the place on this matter!)

So what this defacto/girlfriend partner (at the time of the alleged rape of Higgins), knew about this Lehrmann and Higgins incident, would have likely been very important to Lehrmann and his future career prospects in anything related to Politics, or his claimed interest in working in 'National Security', in Canberra or Sydney (State or Federal politics related, or working in the Private Sector in a job that involved any Government Stakeholders of note).

Some trial witness stats reported this morning.

With a gentlemanly turning the lights off at the alleged crime scene reference that was news to me, and only appears to have been reported in the media in the last day (and does not appear to be in the not redacted parts of the publicly released Lehrmann 84 page Police Statement. It's probably in the few redacted parts of it.)

'Lehrmann trial: No DNA evidence to back Brittany Higgins, says defence lawyer'

'4:16AM OCTOBER 19, 2022'

'Of the 51 witnesses who had been scheduled to give evidence, only 21 appeared. The defence did not call any witnesses.

'Mr Drumgold also raised questions over Mr Lehrmann turning the lights of the office off and leaving Ms Higgins alone in the dark before being seen by security “hurrying” out the building.'

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The current boyfriend and Lehrmann look uncomfortably similar

Chuck some facial hair and different spectacles on him

2797.jpg

And you get

1666134956962.jpeg

Why did Bruce Lehrmann need his keys at 2am to get back into his apartment that night?

You're wondering why someone wanted to let them-self in at 2am instead of waking up the house to get in?

You're wondering why someone wanted to let them-self in at 2am instead of waking up the house to get in?
He could have easily stayed in a hotel for the night, rather than risking attempting going back into Parliament House at 2am to get his keys when he didn’t have his security pass on him, was intoxicated, and had an intoxicated young lady work colleague with him that was not his defacto partner he lived with at the time.

He could have easily stayed in a hotel for the night, rather than risking attempting going back into Parliament House at 2am to get his keys when he didn’t have his security pass on him, was intoxicated, and had an intoxicated young lady work colleague with him that was not his defacto partner he lived with at the time.
Hotel? That’s a silly take, never in my life have I known anyone to check into a hotel after midnight on a night out

Was his defacto partner home? Has that been established?

She could have been interstate/overseas/out herself etc.

EDIT: I also notice you yourself mentioned she recently accepted a job in the NSW Parliament. So it certainly wouldn't be unusual for her to be in Sydney on a Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back