Universal Love The Billy Hartung Bandwagon thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odd delisting.

He played 14 straight until he did his hammy, then hard to get back in. Wasn't he given a automatic 2 year contract as taken via draft? So they're paying him out? Or prob taking back as a rookie?

Might mean they're confident they've landed Polec and Gaff

What attitude though? Not following instructions?

He obviously works hard on the track.

Given the way the game is heading, it is staggering he is not on a list.
That's his problem... he ONLY works hard on the track. Same with Hill before him. Run and carry only goes so far, at some stage there needs to be development in other aspects of the game like tackling and kicking accuracy. He's always been better suited for marathons than footy.

Odd delisting.

He played 14 straight until he did his hammy, then hard to get back in. Wasn't he given a automatic 2 year contract as taken via draft? So they're paying him out? Or prob taking back as a rookie?

Might mean they're confident they've landed Polec and Gaff
not odd at all
North wanted him so much they picked him up at the end of the draft, didn't trade for him
They worked out why Hawks didn't care if he left
He was probably on a one year minimum chips deal as he wasn't a first year player or free agent

That's his problem... he ONLY works hard on the track. Same with Hill before him. Run and carry only goes so far, at some stage there needs to be development in other aspects of the game like tackling and kicking accuracy. He's always been better suited for marathons than footy.
Nothing wrong with Bradley mate - if Hartung had of spent some time studying his game and modeled his own on it he would be cutting it up for us now.

Clarko would have him back in an instant please stop comparing one of our premiership heroes with Hartung.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His delisting actually makes zero sense at North though, he played every single game before his injury.

He's no Brad Hill but I think he's an acceptable fringe player, gotta be pretty unlucky to get delisted twice in seasons where you've played nearly every possibly game you could. The softness thing I always rolled my eyes at, you see most outside players accused of it, in his first game he completed a tackle with a torn shoulder or something like that grimacing all the while. Crows fans hate Ricky Henderson because he played an outside role, I dunnoh about you but he's pretty great for a reject.

Wasn't crying when he was delisted for us mind especially with Morrison taking his place, just confused a bit and North fans are too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back