Game Day THE BIN CHICKENS vs THE BIN BETTERS - Round 4 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geez, you sound like a whole heap of fun.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
What? How ? We started off the game frantic and poor foot skills. Played right into their game plan, bombed it and they repel by having their smalls- Ryan, Petrucelle run into space over the top. Didn’t stop doing it, looked flat and didn’t want to take the game on. Once we did, too far behind.

Going to get slated judging by the reactions here, but I'm proud of the effort shown tonight. We all thought we'd get destroyed and the boys took it right up to them. Some better kicking for goal and we might have stolen it.

Polish is still missing, but the ingredients are all there for a very good side.

We tried to use the corridor and move the ball quickly. We created plenty of opportunities. Our defense was very solid all night. But you have to prioritize execution in order to win consistently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve set such a low bar that i’m so happy it wasn’t a drubbing. I still don’t understand how skills is a game plan issue? What really shits me is how we just don’t hold any shape in the front half.

Forward line seems to really go in and out. Think we’ll gel and surprise ourselves after the bye. Have huge concerns down back with Wilson.

Tucker’s so clean, he might not get near the ball enough but easy the cleanest out there tonight. He’s impressive just needs it to click.

I thought there was a fair bit to like even though we butchered the ball. Pressure was good. Defence was stingy again and the intent was good. Hopefully the chemistry between the mids and forwards will improve as the season goes on. Hopefully this season goes a bit like 2012.

Problem is we use this game as our grand final, be nice to see sustained energy and effort

Taberner and Conca kick straight and this is a whole different footy game.

I know it's not a popular opinion on this board, but skills, decision making and goalkicking on field are fundamentally on the players to improve before anyone else.

What if they don't though? We can coach whatever game-plan we want but if the players aren't improving their skills we aren't going anywhere. If that means Ross needs to change and actually teach skills, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back