THE BOARD. PAFC DIRECTORS. Why? Just why? 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know Stevens personally but I reckon I’ve seen him at every club function I’ve been to in the past twenty years. He’s no fly-by-nighter.

"I am an active Board member of several organisations including Greyhound Racing SA Ltd"

Immediate pass
Yeah, * that!

Bad enough that it’s gambling, far worse the way the dogs are often treated (not by all breeders).

Grantley Stevens -

The two items from his bio that stung me on the bum were 1) sitting on his dad’s shoulders to watch a LOSING grand final (that’s what he remembers foremost) and 2) GREYHOUND RACING (seems to think that’s important).

This is a candidate who reads the room backwards and upside-down.

He’ll get two votes: Hinks and Jordan’s.

When I saw Grantley Stevens on the list I thought for a second we might be getting the SAPOL Commissioner on the board. ..
Wouldn't that cause conniptions at the Camry Crows if we had a board member that out ranked their deputy chairperson.

Snowden currently is an advisor to Adelaide Crows as well as a mentor to Matthew Nicks.

Surely he’d have to divest both of them as clients before he runs for a position on our board. I’d also like to hear about his position on issues like the prison bar guernsey and overall branding of the club before I commit to voting for him.

Anyone know how we can send questions to the candidates?

FAE82E56-BED2-46A7-A911-59ED9F89B847.jpeg

Snowden currently is an advisor to Adelaide Crows as well as a mentor to Matthew Nicks.

Surely he’d have to divest both of them as clients before he runs for a position on our board. I’d also like to hear about his position on issues like the prison bar guernsey and overall branding of the club before I commit to voting for him.

View attachment 1318184
Date at the bottom of the website says 2017. A few things have changed from then.

Does he still work with either of them?

Nothing stopping you sending an email direct to him or ringing him, given he puts those details on his webpage.

Date at the bottom of the website says 2017. A few things have changed from then.

Does he still work with either of them?

Nothing stopping you sending an email direct to him or ringing him, given he puts those details on his webpage.

So you’re saying he’s no longer an advisor to the Crows? His mentoring of Nicks has been in the media recently, I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1318184
I've emailed the club asking if there was going to be an opportunity for Q&A with the candidates. Not holding my breath though.

So you’re saying he’s no longer an advisor to the Crows? His mentoring of Nicks has been in the media recently, I thought.
He works or has worked with AFL coaches association, so the Nicks stuff could be via that, plus he would know Nicks from his Sydney days. I reckon the first couple of years Nick's was on their list, Snowdon was their footy ops GM. Ken probably rejected any offers to have a mentor.

If you look at his website and his Port candidate profile, under current roles - CHAIRMAN, ASTERA GROUP has been removed and put under previous experience. His SAYS and PQSA roles are still on the Port profile as current. The advisory clients aren't on the Port profile.

Do you mean this from a long story on Nicks in March last year, from SA Weekend magazine

Rob Snowdon drafted Nicks, who turned to football after breaking his leg playing soccer as a 14-year-old, from West Adelaide to the Sydney Swans in 1994. Nicks went on to play 175 games for the Swans, despite suffering another broken leg in his second training session.

“He is one of our extended family. He is one of our kids,” Snowdon says. “I just like his style. He’s a good young fella and in my time in footy I’ve met hundreds of them who are just good fellas.

“He is his own man and he has his own way. He is resilient, persistent and doesn’t give up, and I just like those people who don’t whinge and just get on with it.”

Yet Nicks admits he is a by-product of multiple mentors and is primarily influenced by coaches from other sports.

It is extremely important that members know if Snowden is currently an advisor to the crows and a mentor to Nicks, and if he is, what are the intentions of the PAFC Board and of Snowdon if he was to be elected.

I've always thought that Snowdon had no linkage to pre-AFL PAFC, and if so, then I don't expect him to have an emotional attachment to the PB.

Does Snowdon reside in Adelaide?

It is extremely important that members know if Snowden is currently an advisor to the crows and a mentor to Nicks, and if he is, what are the intentions of the PAFC Board and of Snowdon if he was to be elected.

I've always thought that Snowdon had no linkage to pre-AFL PAFC, and if so, then I don't expect him to have an emotional attachment to the PB.

Does Snowdon reside in Adelaide?
I’ll answer 2, yes he lives in Adelaide and yes is very much a port man.

OK. I've not known anything about him prior to joining us. I know the club sought him form Sydney for his expertise in AFL and I assumed that he was a native of Sydney.
I met him when he was going through rehab for Guillain Barre syndrome. The same illness that Alister Clarkson had a few years ago. Really nice bloke.

Being on the Para Quad board would be a passion project for him much like joking ports.

View attachment 1318184

Nothing there actually sticks out as particularly helpful to the AFL football program. Nothing there helps us win premierships or makes us rich. Chairman of a group that flogs investment properties to the uneducated and roles within disabilty and disadvanted kids organisations. What's he going to "Advise" us on that he hasn't "advised" such high flying organsations as the Crows and 36ers as well as these non descript AFL coaches and Elite Sportspeople? Not sure he's what we need. He has experience in the system and sounds like he helped us with our community programmes in the past, but beyond that, nothing sticks out as super star, disruptor or saviour.

Nothing there actually sticks out as particularly helpful to the AFL football program. Nothing there helps us win premierships or makes us rich. Chairman of a group that flogs investment properties to the uneducated and roles within disabilty and disadvanted kids organisations. What's he going to "Advise" us on that he hasn't "advised" such high flying organsations as the Crows and 36ers as well as these non descript AFL coaches and Elite Sportspeople? Not sure he's what we need. He has experience in the system and sounds like he helped us with our community programmes in the past, but beyond that, nothing sticks out as super star, disruptor or saviour.
Whilst that is true to a degree (15+ years in football management in a board with the breakdown of ours is much needed)

He looks a lot better than the other 2.

Declaring a bias as our time at one of his past employer's just missed each other and everyone you mention his name too was very high praise

Who do you reckon would eyeball Hinkley and ask him why did he fail? Snowdon or Wanganeen?? We need someone on the board who can confront Hinkley and tell Koch not to buckle at the knees when assessing whether he has delivered or not.

That's what I want from someone who has the football experience. No one else on the board at the moment has worked in an AFL football department ( given Wanganeen has effectively resigned even though technically he doesn't until AGM date). None of Koch, Osborn, Cardone, Restas, Ranson, Cahill, Day, Zeitz and Nagle have worked in an AFL football department.

You need at least 1 of them on the board, but preferably 2 on a board of 7 or more.

The other stuff re management, board directorships doesn't have to be star quality, just good quality. The other 9 are there to fully take up that role.

Last edited:
Who do you reckon would eyeball Hinkley and ask him why did he failed? Snowdon or Wanganeen?? We need someone on the board who can confront Hinkley and tell Koch not to buckle at the knees when assessing whether he has delivered or not.

That's what I want from someone who has the football experience. No one else on the board at the moment has worked in an AFL football department ( given Wanganeen has effectively resigned even though technically he doesn't until AGM date). None of Koch, Osborn, Cardone, Restas, Ranson, Cahill, Day, Zeitz and Nagle have worked in an AFL football department.

You need at least 1 of them on the board, but preferably 2 on a board of 7 or more.

The other stuff re management, board directorships doesn't have to be star quality, just good quality. The other 9 are there to fully take up that role.

Wanganeen was a complete waste of time from the start. He offered absolutely nothing at board level. I said as much a couple of years ago and got accused of being racist by some. Has anybody spoken to Snowdon to see if it was his intention to ask the hard questions of Koch and Hinkley? Will he? If he does, great, but who says he will?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back