Updated The Bruce Lehrmann Trials * Justice Lee - "Mr Lehrmann raped Ms Higgins."

How long will the jury be out for?

• Back the same afternoon

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • One day

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Two days

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Three to five days

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Over a week

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

LINK TO FEDERAL COURT DEFAMATION PROCEEDINGS

Last edited:
After reading NSWCROW post above it led me to the obvious question of WHY would Lehrmann be taking NewsCorp and its journo to court for defamation if the Murdoch press was Lehrmanns main support weapon throughout the who saga?

I reckon Shane Dowling has come up with a very plausible answer to that question in a video he posted a couple of weeks ago when Wilkinson announced she was appointing her own legal team to defend her position. In short he reckons the action against NewsLtd and Sam Maiden is a trojan horse to leverage money from Wilkinson and Ten (and damage Wilkinson's reputation in the process), knowing full well that Lehrmann has no intention of going to court.

I've never taken much notice of Dowling's stuff before but his take on the Lehrmann defence issue has a ring of truth to it imho:

After reading @NSWCROW post above it led me to the obvious question of WHY would Lehrmann be taking NewsCorp and its journo to court for defamation if the Murdoch press was Lehrmanns main support weapon throughout the who saga?
I think I floated a theory on this in here a while back, that went something like that NewsCorp shareholders might be funding Lehrmann's defence by doing something that provides Lehrmann the opportunity to sue for defamation, and then NewsCorp settling the case with Lehrmann, with there being an understanding between the two parties on what is speculatively going on. Highly unlikely, IMO, but Iwouldn't completely rule something like this out as a possibility.

then NewsCorp settling the case with Lehrmann, with there being an understanding between the two parties on what is speculatively going on. Highly unlikely, IMO, but Iwouldn't completely rule something like this out as a possibility.

That's a dirty trick, I really hope they aren't doing that because it's soooo so low. Playing games like that over what is a really serious matter does none of us any favours.

That's a dirty trick, I really hope they aren't doing that because it's soooo so low. Playing games like that over what is a really serious matter does none of us any favours.
LOL. Dirty Tricks??

Given what the Chief Prosecutor has formally alleged the Federal Police have done throughout the Lehrmann case - effectively colluding with Lehrmann's defence team and the media to undermine the alleged victim throughout his criminal trial for sexual assault - why would this surprise you?

Given what the Chief Prosecutor has formally alleged the Federal Police have done throughout the Lehrmann case - effectively providing direct intelligence to Lehrmann's defence team during his criminal trial - why would this surprise you?

Perhaps it wouldn't surprise but it certainly would sicken me.

Wasn't it Wilkinson's idea to get a separate defense team?

Is Sam Maiden getting her own lawyers?

dunno who actually pushed for it. But there's a clear reason why they have 2 separate legal teams.

I think I floated a theory on this in here a while back, that went something like that NewsCorp shareholders might be funding Lehrmann's defence by doing something that provides Lehrmann the opportunity to sue for defamation, and then NewsCorp settling the case with Lehrmann, with there being an understanding between the two parties on what is speculatively going on. Highly unlikely, IMO, but Iwouldn't completely rule something like this out as a possibility.

I think very unlikely.

Lehrmann is not some liberal power broker that some news corporation would be funding. What is the benefit in doing so?

... the obvious question of WHY would Lehrmann be taking NewsCorp and its journo to court for defamation if the Murdoch press was Lehrmanns main support weapon throughout the who saga?
Or, perhaps Murdoch ISN'T "Leerman's main support weapon..." Ever consider that possibility?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read alot of it.

it's hard to read in sync without the matters being spelt out.

But really, all she is doing is positioning Channel 10 to be liable for her actions.

A few heads will roll at 10 for this, they're paying her an obscene amount of money (due to a water tight contract) not to be on air and now she is setting them up for a fall if she loses the case.

She will be unemployable after this though I don't think her and Pete are short on $$.

Lisa will fit right in at Sky
Chris Smith got sacked from Sky News and Nine Entertainment after that last incident.

He subsequently/recently got reemployed by conspiracy leaning TNT Radio.

Chris Smith got sacked from Sky News and Nine Entertainment after that last incident.

He subsequently/recently got reemployed by conspiracy leaning TNT Radio.

'dedicated to freedom globally'. 🤣

The average cooker is certainly faced with a embarrassment of riches when it comes to media sources to stoke their conspiracies aren't they?

The source of Federal Court truth on the upcoming Lehrmann 'de facto rape trials’

'Bruce Lehrmann v Network Ten ; Bruce Lehrmann v News Life Media

Online File

At 8 March 2023

Given the significant public interest in these matters, the Court has adopted a publicly available Online File.

Documents will be placed onto the Online File when they are considered by the Court to be publicly accessible. In particular, affidavits read and documents tendered in the proceeding (with appropriate redactions) may be placed onto the Online File.

The Court will endeavour to upload documents read or tendered in Court on the day that they are read or tendered.
There are two related matters:

Bruce Lehrmann v Network Ten ; Bruce Lehrmann v News Life Media

Online File

At 8 March 2023

Given the significant public interest in these matters, the Court has adopted a publicly available Online File.

Documents will be placed onto the Online File when they are considered by the Court to be publicly accessible. In particular, affidavits read and documents tendered in the proceeding (with appropriate redactions) may be placed onto the Online File.

The Court will endeavour to upload documents read or tendered in Court on the day that they are read or tendered.
There are two related matters:

Bruce Lehrmann v Network Ten Pty Limited ACN 052 515 250 & Anor (NSD103/2023)

Date published to websiteDocument dateDocument titleFiled by
08 March 202307 March 2023Defence (PDF, 525.6 KB)Network Ten Pty Limited
01 March 202301 March 2023Defence (PDF, 846.3 KB)Lisa Wilkinson
01 March 202307 February 2023Statement of claim (PDF, 1.5 MB)Bruce Lehrmann
01 March 202307 February 2023Originating application (PDF, 364.5 KB)Bruce Lehrmann

Bruce Lehrmann v News Life Media Pty Limited & Anor (NSD104/2023)

Date published to websiteDocument dateDocument titleFiled by
08 March 202307 March 2023Defence (PDF, 680.8 KB)News Life Media Pty Limited
01 March 202307 February 2023Statement of claim (PDF, 1.6 MB)Bruce Lehrmann
01 March 202307 February 2023Originating application (PDF, 366.9 KB)Bruce Lehrmann

the upcoming Lehrmann 'de facto rape trials’

Not my creation (the reference to the de facto rape trials).
I nicked it from the below.

'Bruce Lehrmann case shapes as ‘de facto rape trial’

'STEPHEN RICE'
'6:42PM MARCH 8, 2023'

'....
News Corp and the Ten Network filed their defences in the Federal Court on Wednesday, each providing an identical 79-point account of the alleged facts leading up to, during and after the alleged rape in Parliament House in March 2019, which they claim are “substantially true”.'

'Ten’s defence was filed by Thomson Geer Lawyers. The News Life Media defence was filed by News Corp head of litigation Grant McAvaney.
...'

Lots to unpack in the below article from today.

'Bruce Lehrmann to argue defamation proceedings delayed by legal advice, mental health and court case'

'Wed 8 Mar 2023 17.56 AEDT'

'...
Guardian Australia has previously reported that Lehrmann may be called to give evidence at the preliminary hearing to explain the delay, if the court allowed it. That hearing is currently scheduled for next Thursday 16 March.

Whybrow confirmed on Wednesday that his client was available to give evidence.

But Justice Lee indicated that he may not wish for Lehrmann to be cross-examined multiple times, and may instead delay the argument so that it takes place at the same time as the trial.

“I am quite reluctant to be in a situation where people are cross-examined potentially three times,” he said.

The court is expected to hear arguments about whether Lehrmann will be called on 16 March.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back