Updated The Bruce Lehrmann Trials * Justice Lee - "Mr Lehrmann raped Ms Higgins."

How long will the jury be out for?

• Back the same afternoon

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • One day

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Two days

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Three to five days

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Over a week

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

LINK TO FEDERAL COURT DEFAMATION PROCEEDINGS

Last edited:
Is Linda Renolds
Pls no-one laugh at the below.

'Bruce Lehrmann flees to police station, pulls out of innocence conference following rape judgment

EXCLUSIVE
By LIAM MENDES
and ELLIE DUDLEY
UPDATED 2:37PM APRIL 16, 2024, FIRST PUBLISHED AT 11:22AM APRIL 16, 2024

Bruce Lehrmann sought refuge in a regional police station after a Federal Court judge found he raped Brittany Higgins in Parliament House

With freelance photographers following him, Mr Lehrmann drove up Sydney’s M1 motorway and abandoned the car in a No Stopping zone outside the Gosford police station.

Sources have told The Australian the 28-year-old sought the protection of officers at the station, who then drove him to an undisclosed location due to the fears for his safety.

One person who witnessed Lehrmann entering the station joked they “thought he was handing himself in after being declared a rapist”.

“I thought that he had a change of heart,” they said with a laugh.
In a statement, an NSW police spokesperson said the matter was not subject of a criminal investigation.
[freelance photographers alleged harassment of Lehrmann I presume]

“A report was made at Gosford police station yesterday (Monday 15 April 2024); however, as the matter is not subject of a criminal investigation, no further information is available,” the spokesperson said.'

No one is going to attack him. He's a coward coming down off coke withdrawal. A pathetic coward.

No one is going to attack him. ....
He's wasted enough limited Governments resources already (State and AFP) and owes the State big time for that (not a legal owe).

He put himself in the "Spotlight". Might as well make the most of it now.

Maybe do a course at TAFE and become a Paparazzi. Get buffed up and take selfies of himself to offer to the media to negate the freelance photographers.

He's wasted enough limited Governments resources already (State and AFP) and owes the State big time for that (not a legal owe).

He put himself in the "Spotlight". Might as well make the most of it now.

Maybe do a course at TAFE and become a Paparazzi. Get buffed up and take selfies of himself to offer to the media to negate the freelance photographers.
Well if he gets a rape conviction in Towoomba he won't be able to flee overseas.
Best bet is to become a coke dealer or work as an internn at The Australian or Channel 7.

I too think that Higgins should be entitled to even more $ from her employer, than what she has already been awarded.

Hopefully there was a clause in the payout docs that provided for additional $ to Higgins should she ever win a criminal or civil law suit against him or a defamation case by Lehrmann result in him being judged (in a civil or future criminal case) to have raped her at PH that night (criminal or civil judgement).
There is absolutely no way known the government (or any sane person) would agree to settle with someone and include a caveat that allowed them to come back for more.

Not in a million years.

Is Lehrmann going to sue his legals for poor advice?

'Bruce Lehrmann could be faced with $5 million in legal costs'

'Samantha Maiden
April 16, 2024 - 2:56PM
“It’s an unmitigated disaster for Bruce Lehrmann,” Ten’s lawyer Justin Quill said.
According to Mr Quill, Mr Lehrmann’s legal team did not expect Ms Higgins to appear as a witness in the defamation case and give evidence about the alleged assault.

“Channel Ten couldn’t have defended this case without Brittany,” he said.
...'

Is Lehrmann going to sue his legals for poor advice?

'Bruce Lehrmann could be faced with $5 million in legal costs'

'Samantha Maiden
April 16, 2024 - 2:56PM
“It’s an unmitigated disaster for Bruce Lehrmann,” Ten’s lawyer Justin Quill said.
According to Mr Quill, Mr Lehrmann’s legal team did not expect Ms Higgins to appear as a witness in the defamation case and give evidence about the alleged assault.

“Channel Ten couldn’t have defended this case without Brittany,” he said.
...'
If that bolded part is true, that could be the single dumbest thing Bruce has said/done/thought during the entire saga. As if his victim wouldn't take the opportunity to appear in a court where the burden of proof is far less substantial, there is only a judge adjudicating and there is minimal/no implications for her if the side she is representing is unsuccessful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that bolded part is true, that could be the single dumbest thing Bruce has said/done/thought during the entire saga.
Or the single dumbest thing he did was to appoint the legal team that he appointed.

Not sure I believe Quill's unsubstantiated belief or assertion on this.

More likely they were banking on Ten/Wilkinson doing what ABC and news.com.au (Murdoch controlled) did, and settled before it went too far.

I sincerely think the best thing for Ms Higgins is to walk away from this now and get on with her life away from the public eye.
She can't walk away. Hasn't she got Reynolds after her now to try and get some of the money back that Reynolds gave to her.
Brittany should have come out of the court yesterday (if she was there) and said "I told you before outside of court that I was telling the truth" - a bit like the first female who won the Melbourne Cup riding back to the winner's post and said all men can go and get stuffed if they don't think a girl can beat them.
Brittany has been through hell and back from that evil little moron Learman, hardly anyone stood by her all the way and she should come out against all those big swinging dicks in Parliament House and make them pay...and then fade into the background a very wealthy woman and send some coke to Learman and hope he sticks it up his ahole.

Higgins was raped in the Minister for Defence's office.
She was raped in an office by a sexual predator. Admittedly a fancier than average office, but I'm not sure why the sensationalism of it being the "Minister of Defence's office" adds to any payout claim.

We're probably lucky she didn't ask for $5m because as I've posted in here before that she would get a bit less than what she asked for. She could have got $4m.
We can all make up numbers, but that would put it miles out for claims in Australia for office-based harassment and assaults.

Ms Higgins also claimed an additional $400,000 due to the “distress and humiliation” caused by the handling of the allegations by Senator Reynolds, Senator Cash and former prime minister Scott Morrison, who held office at the time.

“The claimant’s hurt, distress and humiliation has been exacerbated as a result of the manner in which the individual respondents behaved at the time of the assault and during the subsequent handling of the matter, as well as a result of the toxic and harmful culture and work environment that the claimant was subjected to by the respondents,” it reads.

Only the Murdoch press got a hold of this document and reported on it, but it's worth reading and it does prove that a considerable portion of the claim is based on a now proved false cover-up conspiracy theory.

What's concerning there is the naming of ScoMo and Cash. ScoMo is one of the worst PM's in history, but he is a simpleton who had literally nothing to do with Higgins until 2021. Then you've got Cash who was proven to be an encouraging friend, evidenced by Higgins' own recording of her resignation phone call which she recorded without Cash's consent, who was subsequently thrown under a bus by Higgins when it suited her.

I'm fine that Higgins got roughly the money she deserved by sheer dumb luck. But the end doesn't justify the means, particularly given that the cover-up part of her claim was false.

And that she got a rape conviction (of sorts!) against Lehrmann. But the end doesn't justify the means (trial by media), particularly given that the cover-up part of her claim was false.

She can't walk away. Hasn't she got Reynolds after her now to try and get some of the money back that Reynolds gave to her.
Brittany should have come out of the court yesterday (if she was there) and said "I told you before outside of court that I was telling the truth" - a bit like the first female who won the Melbourne Cup riding back to the winner's post and said all men can go and get stuffed if they don't think a girl can beat them.
Brittany has been through hell and back from that evil little moron Learman, hardly anyone stood by her all the way and she should come out against all those big swinging dicks in Parliament House and make them pay...and then fade into the background a very wealthy woman and send some coke to Learman and hope he sticks it up his ahole.
What i didn't know until the judge read it out was the position the security guard found her in, its as if the rapist just pulled out and left the unconscious woman in the being ****ed position. He didn't even cover her up the campaigner

What i didn't know until the judge read it out was the position the security guard found her in, its as if the rapist just pulled out and left the unconscious woman in the being ****ed position. He didn't even cover her up the campaigner
And then if Reynolds did have her office steam cleaned the following day..I mean WTF!!!!!

She’d have had to have been in that exact position for 1.75 hours, which would seem strange (unless Bruce did drug her).

And then if Reynolds did have her office steam cleaned the following day..I mean WTF!!!!!
Nothing was “steam cleaned”. The couch was leather.

Carlos Ramos was asked to clean the office where there was a suspected party and said in the criminal trial that was normal practice. He said the place was quite clean.

The conspiracy against Parliament House of a cover up had been forever disproven.

Apparently Bettina Arndt and her anti-feminist group may of been bankrolling Lehrmann.

Bettina Arndt was seen in court on the first day of Lehrman's evidence but we'll have to wait and see if her MenToo movement has been actively involved in bankrolling his defence.

Coincidentally, Nine Entertainment and Murdoch papers have been reporting that Lehrmann was seen in the days just prior to Monday's Federal Court verdict coming and going from the Point Piper mansion owned by Lady Penelope Street, the widowed second wife of former NSW chief justice and lieutenant governor Sir Lawrence Street.

The SMH is today reporting that Lady Penelope is a close acquaintance of Bettina Arndt.

So maybe that's where this rumour has come from? Best to wait until the dust settles before reporting it as fact imho. There's been enough defamation action around Lehrmann to last a lifetime.

Bettina Arndt was seen in court on the first day of Lehrman's evidence but we'll have to wait and see if her MenToo movement has been actively involved in bankrolling his defence.

Coincidentally, Nine Entertainment and Murdoch papers have been reporting that Lehrmann was seen in the days just prior to Monday's Federal Court verdict coming and going from the Point Piper mansion owned by Lady Penelope Street, the widowed second wife of former NSW chief justice and lieutenant governor Sir Lawrence Street.

The SMH is today reporting that Lady Penelope is a close acquaintance of Bettina Arndt.

So maybe that's where this rumour has come from? Best to wait until the dust settles before reporting it as fact imho. There's been enough defamation action around Lehrmann to last a lifetime.
Well someone is bankrolling him.

Well someone is bankrolling him.
I share the same view, As does the Ten Network who is seeking to ensure their legal bills get paid if their costs are awarded to be paid by Lehrmann.:

Channel Ten are also considering applications to uncover third party backers including who might have been paying for his extraordinary legal bills over the last three years.

If those costs were billed they would likely range from somewhere between $500,000- $1 million. Then there’s his costs for the defamation case which are expected to be over $1 million on top of that.

but best not do any naming just yet.

She’d have had to have been in that exact position for 1.75 hours, which would seem strange (unless Bruce did drug her).
I'm convinced she was slipped a rowie, it fits the scenario, maybe one day we will see a pattern of behavior made public that answers the question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back