Mega Thread The Bucks Megathread.

Remove this Banner Ad

You're right about Trondheim Etihad being the initial station - Tromso MCG is where Tirpitz Buckley was sunk - I was too slack to check the names. The fleet in being analogy I still dispute. Cox is actually called upon to play, and he does so. It's not really the forum to argue naval football strategy, but Tirpitz MCG was primarily in Norway Jolimont to defend the invasion that Hitler Clarkson expected there. The 18" guns at Narvik Adelaide Oval and the mounting of the turrets from Gneisenau Perth on the coast had the same objective and being fixed could not be confused with a fleet in being. It's nice to see there is so much interest and knowledge floating around about these things, and the imagination available to apply it to footy. Despite disagreeing, I was quite tickled by the mention of Centurion.
Edited for relevance!

Cox isnt going anywhere. I actually dont think he needs to do anything other than stand on the wing and bring the ball down, like being used as a ruckman on the wing but there is no ball up, just a kick to a contest where there is no chance of the opposition taking a mark cos Cox is spoiling. Thats my read of the game plan anyway
Buckley spoke to Cox as soon as he entered the rooms after the game and it was obvious the coach was ecstatic with the big man's performance. He also said in the press conference it was the best 5 possession game he'd ever seen, or words to that effect anyway. The ineffectiveness of Adelaide's big forwards further highlighted the value of Cox's role in our forward line.

Cox had a really bad first game of the season and would have been all too well aware of his sinking reputation among supporters. Now that he has put that performance firmly behind him, it's hard to believe that posters are still saying he will never make an AFL player. He was good and Grundy was brilliant against Adelaide, and we seem to have a combination of ruck/forwards that works. Cox will have his off games, but he is a smart guy with great physical attributes. I am more than happy he is on our list and staying there for at least 3 more years.

Last edited:

You get to sit in the front seat next to the driver and enjoy a clear view of the road ahead.
The bus is filling up fast, it was only a week ago when it was almost empty.

Buckley spoke to Cox as soon as he entered the rooms after the game and it was obvious the coach was ecstatic with the big man's performance. He also said in the press conference it was the best 5 possession game he'd ever seen, or words to that effect anyway. The ineffectiveness of Adelaide's big forwards further highlighted the value of Cox's role in our forward line.

Cox had a really bad first game of the season and would have been all too well aware of his sinking reputation among supporters. Now that he has put that performance firmly behind him, it's hard to believe that posters are still saying he will never make an AFL player. He was good and Grundy was brilliant against Adelaide, and we seem to have a combination of ruck/forwards that works. Cox will have his off games, but he is a smart guy with great physical attributes. I am more than happy he is on our list and staying there for at least 3 more years.

All true but theres only so many five possession games a player can get away with. Again it was slippery conditions like it was i round one so its good to see he has adapted to the conditions. In fact he adapted magnificently.

But his job remains and it will always remain, to take contested marks and kick goals. Hes only taken marks against lowly Carlton so far, and hasnt kicked a goal so far this season. So he still has a long way to go.

board_zpsgcwfkbsu.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.....
I fart in your general direction.

I said that once to a group of Carlton supporters. They had no idea what it meant.

Morons

I fart in your general direction.

I said that once to a group of Carlton supporters. They had no idea what it meant.

Morons
Now that you mention Cartoon, I'll tell you a fabulously funny, but very true story.....

So my best man and best mate of over 40 years has a major handicap, being a Carlton supporter.

"How could you possibly have such a person as a mate let alone a best man!" I hear you think?
Well he is a Carlton supporter because he is a NSWelshman and associated Carton with the brewery not the VFL team (in the day).

In any case we both boarded a jet aircraft to Melbourne and the MCG to watch the mighty Magpies slaughter his hapless beer manufacturers.

His son, being under age and unable to choose a more sensible team had asked if Dad could grab him a Carltank jumper from the club while he was in the berg and being a good Dad he agreed. Together we set off from The Mantra on Jolimont the day before the big game to the steaming cesspit which is Princess Park.
Cartoon were in the middle of renovating the excuse they have for a club house at the time so they had what equated to a shipping containing selling their merch. Long story short they want a grey nurse + for a crappy looking training jersey so the best man passed on the club merch.

Not wanting to waste a massive walk from the city to the cesspit we decided to enter and witness training.

To my surprise there were probably 5,000 die-hard idiots in attendance, most to see if their ill-gotten new Captain (beaker) was fit to run after a string of shitty performances.
In the middle of this very earnest and anticipatory atmosphere my wife decided to ring me to check I had avoided the pubs and brothels and was on my best behaviour....

I am little deaf after a lifetime in the building industry so I have my ring tone......very loud.

Not surprisingly, being a lifer, my ringtone is "Good ol" Collingwood for ever!"

I don't think I have ever seen so many heads nearly twist off their necks in my life.
The line of ambulances was epic.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.....

careful. I once used that line on a poster as a joke and got a series of threatening pms about what he would do to me if I insulted him like that again.

I don't think he was a monty python fan somehow.

Reality check people.

We were putrid against Hawks.
Ok for patches against GWS
Mostly poor against a putrid Carlton
Played well against a very down Adelaide side

Reading some of these recent posts and one would think we're top of the ladder and flying.

One solid game out of 4....

This week is our real test. Do we back up or fold?

Reality check people.

We were putrid against Hawks.
Ok for patches against GWS
Mostly poor against a putrid Carlton
Played well against a very down Adelaide side

Reading some of these recent posts and one would think we're top of the ladder and flying.

One solid game out of 4....

This week is our real test. Do we back up or fold?

What a crock of s**t.

We were very good against GWS, but were undermanned for most of the game due to injuries. We beat the Blues easily, they had a few junk time goals that made the score look better. And we dominated Adelaide.

Sure we need to get better each week, but I don't think anyone needs a reality check.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back