The Chicago Bulls Thread - Feat best 3 guard rotation of ALL TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Really hard to watch this team at the moment. Are the front office prepared to blow it up and bring in some picks and rebuild for a couple of years or is there a legit star that we can bring to Chicago to partner with Jimmy? Is that even the right way to go about it? i don't know.
It's hard to see Fred lasting much longer if we continue to miss the playoffs, but with the roster he's got are we really under performing?

Be interested to hear other peoples thoughts on what we do going forward, i've only been a fan of the sport/team for a couple years now so i'm sure there's some more well informed posters about. I'm just spitballing.

Getting Wade was nice for sentimental reasons but all it has done and was ever going to do was further entrench the team in the no man's land in which it has found itself for some time.

I think getting Wade has helped Jimmy out heaps in his own development TBH, could reap dividends as long as we can hold onto Jimmy and build around him.

I'm not sure it was a win now decision with Wade but I understand it, I don't know what the * we were doing with Rondo...

I think getting Wade has helped Jimmy out heaps in his own development TBH, could reap dividends as long as we can hold onto Jimmy and build around him.

I'm not sure it was a win now decision with Wade but I understand it, I don't know what the **** we were doing with Rondo...

I dont think Jimmy needed anybody to come in to help his development, he was already on a sharp rise. I agree that we shouldnt have gotten Wade, waste of money and development time. But I dont agree with anything the Bulls do these days so nothing shocks me. That OKC trade looks a beauty though doesnt it... :huh:

I don't get the Wade signing.

I thought you guys were making all the right moves getting rid of the dead wood and going with youth, Wade then pops up as a signing and you guys just change direction, crazy stuff.

if bulls won't go down a rebuild period after this season, i could see them targeting Blake Griffin while keeping Rondo, Wade and Butler

I threw up in my mouth a little.

Wade out for the rest of the season with an elbow injury. Expecting we won't see him back in Chicago.
Allows Val to be starting two and Grant to get more mins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There aint a lot of class there but there is a fair bit of promise in the Bulls. Felicio (24), Zipser(23), Valentine(23), Portis (22) are very young in NBA terms. Not sure of Mirotic's future but he is only 26, Butler 27, Lopez 28 and then you have MCW (25), Grant (24) Payne (22) and Lauvergne (25) who may or may not be there going forward. It is a very young roster when you look at it in those terms.

Of course, the question is whether we can surround them with some top-end class and just as importantly, some decent developmental coaching.

I'm not sure it was a win now decision with Wade but I understand it, I don't know what the **** we were doing with Rondo...
Rondo has actually played pretty well though.

I was against both though. No point in either the Wade or Rondo signings.

There aint a lot of class there but there is a fair bit of promise in the Bulls. Felicio (24), Zipser(23), Valentine(23), Portis (22) are very young in NBA terms. Not sure of Mirotic's future but he is only 26, Butler 27, Lopez 28 and then you have MCW (25), Grant (24) Payne (22) and Lauvergne (25) who may or may not be there going forward. It is a very young roster when you look at it in those terms.

Of course, the question is whether we can surround them with some top-end class and just as importantly, some decent developmental coaching.
Half of those are gash though. Lauvergne shouldnt be in the NBA. Lopez is straight up average. MCW and Payne both cant shoot. Mirotic and Felicio blow hot and cold.

It's really only Zipser, Valentine and Portis who look alright and are still young. Even with Portis, he is more stretch four which I dont like. I know the NBA is all about shooting right now but I like a PF with some grunt who can rebound and score inside. He comes across a bit soft sometimes.

Im just hoping we dont squeeze into 8th. Getting swept by the Cavs and missing the lottery would be a s**t way to end the season.

Half of those are gash though. Lauvergne shouldnt be in the NBA. Lopez is straight up average. MCW and Payne both cant shoot. Mirotic and Felicio blow hot and cold.

It's really only Zipser, Valentine and Portis who look alright and are still young. Even with Portis, he is more stretch four which I dont like. I know the NBA is all about shooting right now but I like a PF with some grunt who can rebound and score inside. He comes across a bit soft sometimes.

Im just hoping we dont squeeze into 8th. Getting swept by the Cavs and missing the lottery would be a s**t way to end the season.
I think Felicio has been surprisingly good this year. If you get good development out of him and the other 3 you mentioned, then that is 4 decent players you can add to some top end talent. Of course, you are relying on top coaching and management for all that to happen so bugger all chance of any of it.

Actually you are right, we really are trash.

2017/8 Roster:
PG: <Blank> Payne MCW
SG: Wade Valentine
SF: Butler Zipser
PF: Portis <Blank>
C: Lopez Felicio <Blank>

Super young team, i would bring him back on a smaller deal and maybe off the bench for his leadership
You think he would sign a smaller deal? And i am not sure we need his "leadership" to be honest. ROndo actually seems to have been a much better leader for the younger guys. No Wade means a lot less iso plays and more sharing of the ball IMO. Money better of spent on somebody else who will actually play some defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back