Certified Legendary Thread The Cut

Reckon two of Bugg/Johnstone/McKenna are gone, wouldn't mind rookie listing McKenna to give him one more crack at it. I reckon they'll cut Pedo with the emergence of the Weid, although I'd prefer to keep him on a 1 year deal.
Good point re. Bugg, suspect he will be delisted or head elsewhere for a packet of chips. Geelong could genuinely use his forward pressure.

Don't really see the point in retaining any more than two of Pedersen/Smith/King/Filipovic.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good point re. Bugg, suspect he will be delisted or head elsewhere for a packet of chips. Geelong could genuinely use his forward pressure.

Don't really see the point in retaining any more than two of Pedersen/Smith/King/Filipovic.

It'll come down to how many picks we have in the draft. I'd say for every pick we've got before 60 we'll definitely use, currently we have 3. If we end up with Preuss they'll definitely cut King too.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I see 0 point having 2 rucks developing. Unless they see high potential in them you could steal one of their quality off another list.

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gone (IMO): Vince, Bugg, Balic, Pederson
2 from this group: Filipovic, King, Keilty, McKenna
1 more year: T.Smith, Johnstone
yeah I agree with that. I would also lose Bugg and Pedo, to go with Vince and Balic who have already retired.
i'd also cut Filipovic and Keilty off of the rookie list.
keep Johnstone, and McKenna for 1 more year now that he's finally fit, so we can see what he has to offer, as we need the small defender depth.

upload_2018-9-11_21-43-56.jpeg

Melbourne fans: Wow, my team winning a final, I feel so full of...what’s the opposite of shame?
AFL media and wider AFL community: Pride?
Melbourne fans: No, not that far from shame.
Melbourne: Less shame?
Melbourne fans: Yeah.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
View attachment 557488

Melbourne fans: Wow, my team winning a final, I feel so full of...what’s the opposite of shame?
AFL media and wider AFL community: Pride?
Melbourne fans: No, not that far from shame.
Melbourne: Less shame?
Melbourne fans: Yeah.

This is 100% what I planned on posting whenever our season ended. You ruined everything, ruiner.

Omar Little

Team Captain
May 14, 2013
West Oz
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Newcastle United, Baltimore Orioles
1206250.jpg

All right, prelim final.
West Coast at Optus.
JK back in, opposition forward loaded.

Son of Smith: Fritta playing well. They're gonna win the grandfinal. No thanks to me.
Goody: Wait. You! Bayley Fritsch! Good effort this year. Take a lap and hit the showers. I'm putting in a marginally taller defender.
Fritta: Omitting me?
Goody: Yes. You're a midget and JK is a giant. If I recall a 4cm taller guy it's called playing the percentages. It's what smart managers do to win games.
Fritta: I've got 17 goals and running at 76.7% disposal efficiency.
Goody: You should be very proud. Sit down. Smith! You're playing for Fritsch.
Son of Smith: I am? Whoo-hoo!

1206250.jpg

All right, prelim final.
West Coast at Optus.
JK back in, opposition forward loaded.

Son of Smith: Fritta playing well. They're gonna win the grandfinal. No thanks to me.
Goody: Wait. You! Bayley Fritsch! Good effort this year. Take a lap and hit the showers. I'm putting in a marginally taller defender.
Fritta: Omitting me?
Goody: Yes. You're a midget and JK is a giant. If I recall a 4cm taller guy it's called playing the percentages. It's what smart managers do to win games.
Fritta: I've got 17 goals and running at 76.7% disposal efficiency.
Goody: You should be very proud. Sit down. Smith! You're playing for Fritsch.
Son of Smith: I am? Whoo-hoo!

Does this mean the Eagles will have a kick after the siren to win and Smith will win it for us by touching the ball on the line with his head?

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good bump....

*takes a deep breath*

JKH,
Jones,
Stretch,
ANB,
whichever the bad Wagner is,
Hannan,
Pruess,
Omac,
Jeffy

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Only 1 out of the list, not bhed....
Well no Preuss is no chance of leaving and unless he wants a trade ANB won't be delisted either. With Viney being injured and Lewis retiring no way in hell Jones goes either

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well no Preuss is no chance of leaving and unless he wants a trade ANB won't be delisted either. With Viney being injured and Lewis retiring no way in hell Jones goes either
Clearly no one of note is going to leave the club, but this is "the cut" not the "keep on due to extenuating circumstances" thread. * we'll probably keep them all and end up winning a flag rate this club goes.

coolx

Draftee
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dumpees should be Garlett , JKH , ANB , Hibberd , T.Smith , D. Keilty , N.Jones , Worst Wagner , Walker. Trade Brayshaw for B.Hill . Trade Viney for O. Wines. New captain must have a spine, recruit from a player from another club or May .

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dumpees should be Garlett , JKH , ANB , Hibberd , T.Smith , D. Keilty , N.Jones , Worst Wagner , Walker. Trade Brayshaw for B.Hill . Trade Viney for O. Wines. New captain must have a spine, recruit from a player from another club or May .

Not bad as far as first posts go. Are you sure you haven't missed any heads during your killing spree?

Not bad as far as first posts go. Are you sure you haven't missed any heads during your killing spree?

I love how hes missed the entire gist of the thread most. ❤️

Last edited:
Back