Prediction The future of Fasolo

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s out of contract and appears on the outer. Whilst he will probably get a chance soon with the congested fixture, he will have to play very well to retain a spot in the senior team.

Seems to me that a move back to WA is on the cards.

With that in mind, what’s a fair trade? Personally, I think a 2nd pick in this years draft should get the deal done.

He’s out of contract and appears on the outer. Whilst he will probably get a chance soon with the congested fixture, he will have to play very well to retain a spot in the senior team.

With that in mind, what’s a fair trade? Personally, I think a 2nd pick in this years draft should get the deal done.
He's a free agent.

We won’t get more than a third for him unfortunately :(

Fremantle won't take him, they're rebuilding and Ross loves his good characters.

Doubt West Coast would be interested either, they have a plethora of medium forward options.

Fremantle won't take him, they're rebuilding and Ross loves his good characters.

Doubt West Coast would be interested either, they have a plethora of medium forward options.
What next?

See how he goes when he gets back in the AFL side and if no one decides to take him in free agency we could bring him back on a 1-year low cash deal like the cats have done with Menzel.

At the end of last year a second round round pick would have done it. However if he doesn't play often enough this year then his value will slide.

For what it's worth West Coast were definitely interested during the trade period http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-24/eagles-could-trade-for-contracted-pies-forward-fasolo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you are jumping to conclusions a little, which I guess is what this whole forum is about but he has had mental health issues...I don’t think it’s fair to say he’s on the outer. I think he’s very much in Buckley’s plans, it might be that at the moment he isn’t quite there yet.

Expect him to come in for Anzac Day, he loves a big Occassion.

If he gets traded and hasn’t played all year don’t expect much for him. The club won’t hold back a player with mental health issues from moving home or into another club for a fresh start.

If he’s fit and firing by seasons end an early second rounder is fair. He can play back, forward, midfield...he’s quick, smart, skilful and hard. A complete player

You don't think this speculation is premature? Surely this the guy is capable of getting back in the team and kicking goals. You people are quick to label him as a tradeable malingerer, but once Fasolo rediscovers the plot, he'll be a regular ...... until he is injured again.
Relax mate we’re just taking the piss.

We probably should have traded him when we had the chance.
We shouldn't have traded him already given our scoring stocks

We already have a major issue with a lack of goalkickers. Coming into the season he and Elliott are the only two players on the list to have ever kicked 30+ goals for Collingwood in a season. It's still the biggest weakness on our list. At his point in time, unless Fas or Elliott get back on the park soon, our goalkicking award looks likely to be won with a total under 30 goals. If that happens we almost certainly can't make finals.

For mine give Fas a chance to get over his preseason shoulder surgery and reestablish in the 1's. We need foalkickers (sorry Bad Horse, autocorrect didn't kick in) badly.

Additional point is he has never professed to want to head back west. Hehas family in Melbourne and seems to want to stay. While that can change I don't think there is any evidence for that now

You don't think this speculation is premature? Surely this the guy is capable of getting back in the team and kicking goals. You people are quick to label him as a tradeable malingerer, but once Fasolo rediscovers the plot, he'll be a regular ...... until he is injured again.
Premature speculation is a common problem...

We shouldn't have traded him already given our scoring stocks

We already have a major issue with a lack of goalkickers. Coming into the season he and Elliott are the only two players on the list to have ever kicked 30+ goals for Collingwood in a season. It's still the biggest weakness on our list. At his point in time, unless Fas or Elliott get back on the park soon, our goalkicking award looks likely to be won with a total under 30 goals. If that happens we almost certainly can't make finals.

For mine give Fas a chance to get over his preseason shoulder surgery and reestablish in the 1's. We need foalkickers (sorry Bad Horse, autocorrect didn't kick in) badly.

Additional point is he has never professed to want to head back west. Hehas family in Melbourne and seems to want to stay. While that can change I don't think there is any evidence for that now
So far this season we have hit 100 points or more 50% of the time. If we keep that up we will find ourselves in the finals. We have achieved this by finding multiple options to goal from the our half forwards and mids. I agree that Elliott is important but I’m not convinced both he and Fasolo are effective in the same forward line.

It’s a long season and Fas will get his chance, but at the moment he is not in the best side.

So far this season we have hit 100 points or more 50% of the time. If we keep that up we will find ourselves in the finals. We have achieved this by finding multiple options to goal from the our half forwards and mids. I agree that Elliott is important but I’m not convinced both he and Fasolo are effective in the same forward line.

It’s a long season and Fas will get his chance, but at the moment he is not in the best side.
It will be hard to keep up with the current 22. We have got by so far but the current 22 lacks natural goalkicker. That will only work for a short while.

Yes we need multiple goalkicking options but some of them need to be higher yielding. Of the 64 teams that played finals between 2010-17 I think only two have not had a 40+ goalkicker. It can be done but at the moment our goalkicking avenues are weak and no one looks about to stand up and address that bar Elliott and Fasolo..

Agree with you there.. trade him for a 2nd rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back