Review The good, the bad, the shat - vs Fremantle R3 2024

How many games will we win from our first 10?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rachele zero CBA’s.

One Pick 6 is giving TED talks in Victoria and the other spent on a forward pocket who’s just slowly becoming disinterested & disappearing into the Abyss.

Laird said during the week maybe he needs to be less selfish and take less centre bounces

slowly becoming our most selfish player

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

After a good nights sleep and a chance to calm down and reflect, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not as bad as it looked last night.

IT’S F@&$ING WORSE!!!
I’m seething.

We are the most pathetic, conservative, weak as piss club in the competition. A club run by spineless corporate no bodies who are too worried about upsetting old Nan with her knitting than doing anything bold that just might actually work.

Last edited:
Having a hard time keep my son interested in the crows.
He legit fell alseep on the couch for the first time ever in his 9 years, even as a baby he did not.
All he’s ever known is the crows letting him down.

I’m 25 and have never seen a flag.

I’m getting to the stage where if you’d offer me the guarantee of one in my lifetime but that was it, I’d probably take it.

After a good nights sleep and a chance to calm down and reflect, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not as bad as it looked last night.

IT’S F@&$ING WORSE!!!
I’m seething.

We are the most pathetic, conservative, weak as piss club in the competition. A club run by spineless corporate no bodies who are too worried about upsetting old Nan with her knitting than doing anything bold that just might actually work.

I’m glad you took the time to calm down before positing

this is always post of the year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I put $300 on us for the flag.
I've never bet on the footy, but I did notice (on Wednesday I reckon) that some mob had us @ $26 for the Flag after 2 losses. Unders, I would have thought. Would have to be $50+ now...?
Should've put it on Port.
Yeah, sad to say, your money's gone. Sydney/GWS GF?

Keane is a highlight for me and I think the three prong Murray Worrell and Keane with Michaelaney supporting will be a good defence eventually.

We are 3 rounds in and Burgess is the best forward we have.... that's how dire the forward line has been.

Soligo the only light in the midfield area, everyone else has been utterly s**t with their skills and disposals

I don't buy Nicks excuse that we have a ton of players out of form

Maybe if there were 3 or 4 guys, sure. We have 20 players supposedly out of form

The real reason IMO is our trash game plan that our players are so confused about they aren't able to execute
We started the game well, using angles instead of straight down the ground. Kicked most our score early.

Then Freo applied pressure got on top and the insipid style of the GC/Geelong game started.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven't visited or logged in since August last year but had to come in and have a read after the season's start.

- There was massive bathwater drinking and back slapping over the offseason. The Keays goal/behind allowed the club to pretend the rebuild was over - "we should've made finals" - Olsen went full PR politician, came out all tough, everyone felt sorry for us, whilst avoiding what would've been a ten goal Elim smashing against Carlton at the G. They got the credit of making the finals without making the finals.

- Nicks has made everyone feel nice about themselves. He's not a finals coach's ars*hole. His re-signing was as laughable as his 8-man leadership group. He is now blaming players for the results - good luck putting that genie back in the bottle.

- We lost 6 games by less than a goal last year. Rather than keeping with the attack and trying to kick one more goal a game, or focus on two minute drills, we completely overhauled it and went defensive, too quickly. Players have no confidence. That is 100% on the coaches.

- The actual club itself is dysfunctional in a high performance sense. Said it for 20 years. It's summed up by the baffling decisions the administrators make over a long period. For example, John Reid engineered the Kurt Tippett saga that decimated our draft capital and credibility with trading, so we appointed his son as list manager two years later and despite only 3 finals appearances in 12 years, is still the list manager.

That is the Adelaide Football Club. It's a side hobby and wine-and-dine experience for the Board when they're not spending money building pubs, buying MPs or starting law firms.

Anyway, my two cents, I will jog on and maybe check in by August. Cheers.

Having a hard time keep my son interested in the crows.
He legit fell alseep on the couch for the first time ever in his 9 years, even as a baby he did not.
All he’s ever known is the crows letting him down.
My 12 year old daughter is already on the Devils, my two 20+year olds have only known pain with the Crows ... going to be hard to keep them under the cursed club's control I reckon.

unnamed.jpg

I don't know what another collapse of the Crows potential before 2028 will do to my brain chemistry, but I'm sure that somewhere in that mess of pain is a part of me primed and ready to burn my post-1998 memories in a barrel and pretend it never happened.

Despite our 67 person leadership group you still have Ned Mchenry firing up the team at the beginning of the game.
I noticed that, thought it was funny. Credibility and inspiration factor, zero.
Auditioning for future Captaincy? :confusedv1:
I cannot see a premiership contending list with this current crop of players.
Yep, neither the list, nor their collective (NO pun intended) ability, nor Nicks as Coach.
In fact, I can say with confidence that the description "Premiership-winning Coach Matthew Nicks" will never be used.

GOOD:

Murphy was sub which is one step closer to him being out of the side. Had zero impact so fingers crossed Nicksy keeps him as sub and then he becomes our SANFL leader the rest of the year.

The external noise is going to get loud. Over the past 2 weeks - King, Cornes, Hodge, et al have gotten stuck into Nicks. There can be no excuses - our top 10 players from our B&F last year have all played all 3 games.

BAD & THE SHAT

The sad reality is there is no real help on the horizon. The 4 players we need to bring in have a combined 4 games experience (Nank, Dowling, Curtin, Edwards). Time to give Murphy/McHenry/Jones a spell to bring in 3 of em next week.

What was going to be our Achilles heal (KPD) we are actually managing through as Borlase and Keane have done a decent job in covering Murray and Butts.

We are a side completely devoid of confidence and it screams of us being figured out.

The fact we kicked 18 goals in round 3 of 2023 and in the first 3 rounds of 2024 have kicked a combined 23 goals is nothing short of astounding. If West Coast kick 53 points against the Doggies - we go from the highest scoring team in 2023 to the lowest scoring team through 3 weeks in 2024.

What is most astounding to me is the lack of use of Rachele in the midfield.

In 2023 in the first 3 rounds he attended 37 CBA's. In the first 3 rounds of 2024 he has attended 2.
Our backline has been half good.

On the back of MM and Worrell.

Those two are the one positive from last night.

Hope MM's brother is as good

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back