Review The good, the bad, the shat - vs Fremantle R3 2024

How many games will we win from our first 10?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Our best wins under Nicks were in 2021 knocking off Melbourne and Geelong.

Our 'achievement' last year was losing to top four teams, but only by a bit, and choking away two 'win and you're in' games at home in the last month and a half.
I was going to post something similar last night.

For mine it's:
The two games you mentioned.
3 showdowns wins
Belting Carlton in gather round.
And maybe belting St Kilda and perhaps the win against Brisbane both at home last year.

So 8 games out of 88. Total 29 wins, 59 losses. 9-31 away (6 wins vs 17th and 18th sides, no wins vs anyone higher than 10th)

Clearly the ''honourable losses'' last year got him over the line. You wouldnt extend based on that record. It was a complete no brainer to see how this season panned out.

Has a coach ever been under the pump so soon after extending? We just keep finding new ways to embarrass ourselves.

Rebuild look great last year especially when Rachele and Soligo transitioned into the midfield and Rankine and Dawson development into A graders and potential elite.
No it didn’t.

Rankine remains massively overpriced. Spending 5 and 6 on small forwards is pure incompetence. And worse, we’re no doubt stupid enough to remain committed to a key position player and will blow our first on him. Round 1 midfield in 2025 will be Dawson, Laird, Crouch and a second/third round plodder with a limited ceiling.

Logged in for the first time in a long time just to reply your post. You hit it on the head.

This is just a business for the people who run the Adelaide Football Club, make no mistake about it. Ricciuto's appointment was heralded on here as the great broom that would improve the AFC once and for all, but the club's Trump-esque tendency for nepotism ensured that would never happen. As Football Director he is the first one that needs to go.

Unfortunately, the status quo will stick around as long as the masses lap up the s**t the club posts on social media each week for the feel good vibes. These types of "supporters" never question why we haven't really contended for 26 years or why we seem to be allergic to drafting elite mids. Though it seems (anecdotally) that the penny is now starting to drop with some people.

No doubt Nicks got the job because of the camp and whatever else came before it. But with the passage of time it's clear the club has overcompensated. A great relationship builder (perhaps less so now), but a horrible coach. Would be better suited to a culture role (for another team of course).

I used to hang s**t on Port's 3 premierships in 5 years plan, but at least that club talks about premierships. They're execution is a little off sometimes, but at least the intention is there.

When was the last time you heard anyone associated with the AFC mention premierships and winning? The fact that the club started drinking its own bath water after just missing the 8 last year shows you their benchmark for success.

Successful clubs are never satisfied until they're lifting the cup. We're not even mediocre now.
If this doesn’t hit home nothing will. Well said and couldn’t agree more.

No it didn’t.

Rankine remains massively overpriced. Spending 5 and 6 on small forwards is pure incompetence. And worse, we’re no doubt stupid enough to remain committed to a key position player and will blow our first on him. Round 1 midfield in 2025 will be Dawson, Laird, Crouch and a second/third round plodder with a limited ceiling.
So he is just a small forward.
1711768268323.png
1711768320772.png

Tex is injured or if he isn't he has no pace whatsoever when the ball hits the ground. Surely the end cant have come so quickly but they signalled it when they said he was going to be rested regularly. Time to get Petty and Welsh in.
His back is stuffed. Look at how he moves and bends.

Think about any time you’ve hurt your back.

Listened to David King and Co on Sen, the simple matter is our two prime midfielders do not harm the opposition on the scoreboard either by direct scores or by score involvements.

The problem I have is that Nicks will double down on this, it ain’t the game plan that is the problem, it is your execution. That is how he will view it and oh bring back Sloaney!

We are ****ed!

I don't buy Nicks excuse that we have a ton of players out of form

Maybe if there were 3 or 4 guys, sure. We have 20 players supposedly out of form

The real reason IMO is our trash game plan that our players are so confused about they aren't able to execute
They're confused, their confidence has died and they aren't enjoying this way of playing and the way we were playing has been stifled.
They're 2nd guessing instead of playing instinctual.
Take the enjoyment away and it all collapses with it and the snowball effect kicks in with everything.

Listened to David King and Co on Sen, the simple matter is our two prime midfielders do not harm the opposition on the scoreboard either by direct scores or by score involvements.

The problem I have is that Nicks will double down on this, it ain’t the game plan that is the problem, it is your execution. That is how he will view it and oh bring back Sloaney!

We are ****ed!
And this is 100% correct !

Our best Qtr of footy, was the one Crouch was hardly in the midfield .....there's zero doubt Laird has slowed down with age .....but as expected the opposition are treating our midfield as traffic cones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact there are very little comments about Milera’s expected ACL just shows we really aren’t concerned too much about losing him. Career almost over. A career that never really got going.

I can't believe he is in the leadership group. He signed that long term deal and his conditioning looked poor when he came back, was injured 2 years straight. Not only that he refused to play anywhere other than down back.

No it didn’t.

Rankine was well worth pick 5. He isn't even playing well and he's still our best forward.

Look I think Nicks has to go but our ability to hit a simple target is nothing to do with coaching. Milera booting into the man on mark, Hinge missing about 5 kicks, Dawson thumping it out on the full, Loopy laird kicks.

How is that not coaching? If one player is executing poorly that’s on that player. If the whole team across the board it is coaching.

For the whole team to be performing this poorly in that facet of the game when previously it was a strength for many of them it means the coaches are either not spending enough time on it or not training it well enough.

I can't believe he is in the leadership group. He signed that long term deal and his conditioning looked poor when he came back, was injured 2 years straight. Not only that he refused to play anywhere other than down back.
The one that shocked me was murphy. Literally makes no sense. This delusional club thinks he's a best 22 player.

This was obvious all the way back in 2018, so it's great we had to build our season around it again in 2024.

Back