Review The good, the bad, the shat - vs Fremantle R3 2024

How many games will we win from our first 10?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok: cameos from Max, Soligo, M.Crouch - defence held up okay for the most part
Bad: Freo
Ugly: Game plan, kicking, forwards, midfield, coaches, sub.

Think of the upside! The club has like 4-6 more opportunities to humiliate itself on a national stage left!

Big win for the administration, let's all gather around and have a nice big cup of our club's traditional offseason beverage: our own bathwater.

Board members re-extended themselves this year… then shortly after extended Nicks.

How comical are these people at this point? Unaccountable isn’t a strong enough word for that they are.

Think of the upside! The club has like 4-6 more opportunities to humiliate itself on a national stage left!

Big win for the administration, let's all gather around and have a nice big cup of our club's traditional offseason beverage: our own bathwater.
Bathwater was certainly drunk over the off season.
Failed to concentrate on working hard enough to even compete. Signed a coach that has no idea what to do. No skills. Not even enough fight tonight to make it look like we're having a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good - Michalanney, Keane

Bad - almost everything else

Ugly - kicking, marking, handballing, defending, positioning, leading, tackling, shepherding, rucking, communication

Also ugly - injuries. And Hinge's turnovers.

Good: Michaelaney is our best prospect and likely next Captain.

Bad: Laird is just a stat padder doesn't Sheppard doesn't do the team things.

The forward line is in disarray none of them can mark or kick. Burns should be immediately sacked.

Ugly
Re-signing Nick's before the season started.
The gameplan is woeful the skills are horrendous the attitude of the players is poor and the confidence is in the gutter.

There's a multitude of factors here.

The Keays non-goal last year led the club to believe that it was the reason we missed finals, that the rebuild was complete and that everything would be coming up Milhouse. Nicks' selections would support that point as he has a set 22 plus a half-dozen players as coverage that he just rotates.

Our forward line is dysfunctional. No one can take a mark, no one can lead to the right spaces and there's no pressure at all. That can be put down to Rahilly's influence

It could be that Tex and Dawson carried us last year, and that their drop-off has papered over some significant cracks, but that doesn't excuse the rest of them going backwards.

Whatever it is, the club looks completely broken, and it's time for yet another rebuild like Melbourne and Carlton had to do. The difference is that we're already seven years out of the finals, and could be well over a decade without it.

Watching these guys reminds me of when I filled in coaching my brothers junior team. My full forward just sat down and starting eating grass partway through the fourth. One of my defenders lost his shoes at half time and played in socks after that. Two of my players knocked each other out. At one point my bench was empty because someones dad bought hot chips and was sharing them so they wandered over there. I had no answers while we got trounced and neither does Nicks.

I think a lot thought we would have to deal with life after Tex next year.

It doesn't look like he will make through this year.

I'm not even joking but we seriously could see Elliot in and Tex out for a decent period of this year.

Nice little snapshot of what a ******* mess we actually have.

Back